• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The original with all DLC included is €15 on Steam without a sale, always under €10 on sales. And they're asking for €40 for this?

I guess they got some of that Epic exclusivity money even if it flops... because it will.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
That seems like a pretty bad remaster. Both in terms of tech/art, and platform choices.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Epic and it actually looks worse with the lightning... ok then. Hope this doesn't mean new Saints Row is epic only though.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Looks great, I loooved the original on my 360. I kind of like the new look. Assets and VFX look a lot better too.

screenshot_2020-04-0617ke5.jpg

screenshot_2020-04-067djw9.jpg

screenshot_2020-04-06y2j3b.jpg

screenshot_2020-04-06oqj8v.jpg

screenshot_2020-04-06zskam.jpg

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
The original release of Saints Row 3 was available as a preorder for £18.90 from Tesco.

The original with all DLC included is €15 on Steam without a sale, always under €10 on sales. And they're asking for €40 for this?

I guess they got some of that Epic exclusivity money even if it flops... because it will.
My guess is that Deep Silver don't really want anyone buying it. If it sells terribly on Epic Store (it will), they are more people who will be likely to pay for the remaster when it releases on Steam in 12 months, but they get paid the same by Epic either way. Inflating the price beyond what people will realistically pay for it is in their interest.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
where's muh switch version?!?

it's an open world game running on the consoles' jaguar CPU. if you want an open world game that runs at 60 on these consoles, then it would have to look like nier automata bad graphics.

It may be open world but it doesn't look impressive at all, still looks very much like a PS3 game. This game not being able to run at 60fps sounds like bullshit to me, especially on PS4 Pro / XBone X. This remaster screams cash grab but that's just my opinion.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here is a good gallery of comparison shots I took from the source file trailer:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there will be an upgrade option for existing owners of 3 once it comes to Steam.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It may be open world but it doesn't look impressive at all, still looks very much like a PS3 game. This game not being able to run at 60fps sounds like bullshit to me, especially on PS4 Pro / XBone X. This remaster screams cash grab but that's just my opinion.

If it was a cash grab we would have got a port of it 5 years ago with the other games.
It looks like actual effort has gone into making it look a bit more presentable

Nov 14, 2017
Volition's community manager just confirmed on the fan discord that it's coming to Steam in 2021

so the usual 1 year exclusivity deal sigh

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Why would you ever buy this on PC when the original is £7 on Steam base price. It would have to be some remaster to not even get a discount for owning the original.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I mean, it looks good but every time they announce something new for Saint's Row 3 and 4 I get more and more annoyed that they're doing nothing with SR2. It should be a crime.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
So much platform/digital launcher begging already in this thread. :(
Blame Epic for the nature of the issue that you're upset about. Third party multplat IPs that are on already existing platforms on the PC are being moneyhatted. Are you saying that complaining about moneyhat exclusivity deals for multiplats in every thing is a bad idea? I know its not really an issue for you personally but making franchises that exist on steam already but are made 1 year exclusives through a moneyhat is shitty and disgusting instead of being offered on both storefronts. People are going to be upset about it. And a lot of em.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So much platform/digital launcher begging already in this thread. :(

I'm fine with 'port begging' to some extent (at least I don't think it's anywhere near as big an issue as it's made out to be) but even then there's a big difference between begging for a game to be moved to an entirely different platform and criticising the purely business-based decision of a company to arbitrarily lock its title to a singular launcher.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
This is cool but Saints Row 3 needed some new features added or like a whole new island added that is actually interesting to explore. Slapping a new coat of paint on it isn't going to make Steelport any less dour and samey or the game any less shallow. Definitely not worth $40.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, expecially considering this is THQ and this would be a free upgrade for Steam owners of the original game.

This is not THQ, this is Deep Silver and it wouldn't be free upgrade even if it was on Steam day 1 because Deep Silver. Remember Metro Last Light Redux that was out like year after release and it was paid release?

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer needs more brown to really show off the new look.

edit: in the city at night screenshots why are some of the image textures so blurry in the remaster?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Well won't be buying it on pc. Maybe if it goes on sale on consoles. I have the rest of the franchise on steam so I don't want to split that up.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Volition's community manager just confirmed on the fan discord that it's coming to Steam in 2021

so the usual 1 year exclusivity deal sigh
As I said in the first page, Tim Sweeny is getting robbed blind here. This is the clearest example yet of a project that purely exists to relieve Epic Games of their money.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
It definitely needs it for consoles since the game runs poorly on Xbox 360 and PS3, so I hope it's a good port to get rid of those issues. Still won't touch it since it's THQ Nordic/Deep Silver/Koch Media.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Eh... I love Saints Row 3. But it's truly hard to justify this on PC - at that price point too. There should've been a digital upgrade path, as the base game and DLCs are consistently available for pennies. New lighting looks good, new models for cars and guns will be dope but I can't shake this feeling that I wanted 2 to get the proper remake treatment.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
EGS exclusivity for a ''remaster'' of a 9 year old game which is also the worst entry in the series. Peak banter.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would have picked it up for a quick romp on PS4 or XB1, but at 30FPS and $40, meh. Will wait for a steep discount or a Series X/PS5 upgrade.

Hard to see why someone would buy this on EGS at $40 when the full package is regularly heavily discounted and runs well on a wide range of hardware.

Oct 28, 2017
I love Saints Row but nothing in this trailer sells me Remastered. Especially when you can get feature-richer version of SR3 on Steam for less money in comparison to EGS.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EGS is a platform choice. No Switch is a platform choice.
EGS is a store choice not a platform choice. It can be played on PC. So you're essentially upset there's no Switch version and complaining it as a bad platform choice when it's supporting PS4, XB1,and PC and can be accessed by hundreds of millions of players. LOL

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my, yes please! Love the new visuals. $40 is a bit much, but I'll definitely replay this when I can find it for $20