• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Not all the filler designs were terrible, I kind of liked the steel saints,

And the fillers are where we got odin seiya

10011801.png
Steel Saints are some of the worst things ever
and tbh, odin robe is kinda dorky looking

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
Yep Mime is cool. Ikki said his blows were as strong as Saga's. Fun fact did you know Mime is based off Lyra Orpheus from the first movie and even uses the same melody as him and has the same VA:

Silver_-_Lyra_Orpheus-2.jpg

The thing about Mime is his dad could've just treated him well and told him from the start though.......
Wait, Ive never seen the movies. Are you saying that Lyra Orpheus appeared in a movie before showing up in Hades arc?

Then again, Camus wasn't even Hyoga's teacher in the anime...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, Ive never seen the movies. Are you saying that Lyra Orpheus appeared in a movie before showing up in Hades arc?

Then again, Camus wasn't even Hyoga's teacher in the anime...

From what I heard, the movie came first and was popular enough where they just retconned the story, in order to create that whole tv arc.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eris OVA was really bad though. Orion Jaga was basically an evil clone of Ikki.
latest

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only Saint Seiya movies worth watching are:

- the Asgard movie
- the Abel movie
- Heaven Chapter: Overture
- Legend of Sanctuary

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
This thread reminded me that while the anime was airing in France in the 80's, Shun was dubbed as a woman for 5 episodes and then switched to being a man. Young me was really confused by this lol.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
This thread reminded me that while the anime was airing in France in the 80's, Shun was dubbed as a woman for 5 episodes and then switched to being a man. Young me was really confused by this lol.

The latam dubbing had some translations at the level of "all your base are belong to us", it was hilarious.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
All of Eris' Saints were clones of the main cast. Although Orion went too far since his helmet was way too close to anime Ikki's.
latest

No, these guys are basically the Black Saints but Silver Saints:

The only Saint Seiya movies worth watching are:

- the Asgard movie
- the Abel movie
- Heaven Chapter: Overture
- Legend of Sanctuary

Why is the second movie liked so much?

Heaven Chapter I hated it SOOOOO much as a kid but looking back I'm starting to appreciate it. It has gorgeous music and animation and it takes an interesting meta commentary on Saint Seiya that was different from the usual formula (and probably for the best as Kuramada is currently just recycling again). Too bad it was revealed BEFORE the Hades was finished being animated which was confusing and it also pretty much is responsible for the current state of Saint Seiya.

Legend of Sanctuary is rushed as hell.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Eris movie was also sort of retconned (in a sense) into Saintia Sho. Wat hing it I'm like "wait, isn't this the Saintia villain?"

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
On another note we all know that the ages in Saint Seiya are meaningless right? Like there is no way the Bronze Saints are 13-15.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
On another note we all know that the ages in Saint Seiya are meaningless right? Like there is no way the Bronze Saints are 13-15.

I mean, we saw them 6 years prior when they start their training, 7-9 would fit how old Seiya and the gang looked.

It's more of an issue that Aquila Marin is 16, so she would have been 10 when she started training Seiya (Cepheus Daidalos would have been 13, since he's the oldest Silver Saint at 19, and Aquarius Camus would have been 14). Guessing he didn't consider that when noting her age. >_>

When you get to the Gold Saints mostly being 20-23, so 13 years ago...

tumblr_nfxt8lBcGY1r4ez57o1_1280.png

In the manga, Aiolos was 14, the same age as Shun and Hyoga, when he died, so this is how he looked in the manga:

The anime made him look like he was in his 20s.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I mean, we saw them 6 years prior when they start their training, 7-9 would fit how old Seiya and the gang looked.

It's more of an issue that Aquila Marin is 16, so she would have been 10 when she started training Seiya (Cepheus Daidalos would have been 13, since he's the oldest Silver Saint at 19, and Aquarius Camus would have been 14). Guessing he didn't consider that when noting her age. >_>

When you get to the Gold Saints mostly being 20-23, so 13 years ago...

tumblr_nfxt8lBcGY1r4ez57o1_1280.png

In the manga, Aiolos was 14, the same age as Shun and Hyoga, when he died, so this is how he looked in the manga:

The anime made him look like he was in his 20s.
Manga Aiolos still looks older than 14. Heck, Gold Saints in general look older than 20.
Yeah Saints and Saori are supposed to be 13-15 but look/act like grown adults, Seiya owns a house, Saori runs her own company and they are called men many times, Hyoga even drives at one point

Feels like most anime back then. In Sailor Moon, they were mostly middle school-aged the whole show, but sure looked way older.

80s/90s = teens looked like adults
Present day = adults/teens look like kids
We see their future selves and well.....are they 14 or 22 here:

error_ep88_01_big.jpg

6Rk0F9fr2JjEX_LBf7ukZg7rqncS5r38S4lLTgFYNudBo1O7BvWXsAUoeIvB8RBmQOvggXRRyuHBqK6sB9_gGnyOOhD2aMyNdhL4cJvVForINBZnRtHOxOfFw9_fwloQCRc

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
We see their future selves and well.....are they 14 or 22 here:

error_ep88_01_big.jpg

6Rk0F9fr2JjEX_LBf7ukZg7rqncS5r38S4lLTgFYNudBo1O7BvWXsAUoeIvB8RBmQOvggXRRyuHBqK6sB9_gGnyOOhD2aMyNdhL4cJvVForINBZnRtHOxOfFw9_fwloQCRc

It looks like they tried to add like lipstick to make them look older, but they look the exact same :p I know in the future there was something about how they don't really age, so the real answer is probably like 500 years old or something.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It looks like they tried to add like lipstick to make them look older, but they look the exact same :p I know in the future there was something about how they don't really age, so the real answer is probably like 500 years old or something.
Crystal is way worse, they don't even try with lipstick lmao
and doesn't Usagi become Neo Queen Serenity against Wiseman in the present so that really makes it worse

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Yeah, that's just 80s/90s style anime, when teens all looked like adults in their 20s. Without context and looking at Seiya characters, I'd consider almost all of them to be at LEAST in their 20s.
It kinda gets weird in Soul of Gold where Aiolia and Lyfia are implied to have romance between them but Lyfia is said to be 16 and he's 20.......

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Manga Aiolos still looks older than 14. Heck, Gold Saints in general look older than 20.
Yeah Saints and Saori are supposed to be 13-15 but look/act like grown adults, Seiya owns a house, Saori runs her own company and they are called men many times, Hyoga even drives at one point

Seiya owning a house and Hyoga driving I only remember from the anime. Saori technically owns her "grandpa's" company, but I imagine she doesn't run the day to day operations. It just keeps money coming in for all those pricey flights to Greece, lol.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The mere fact that the series is supposed to take place in the real world in the modern era doesn't make sense. I think only Episode G didn't try to sweep this aspect under the carpet.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that's just 80s/90s style anime, when teens all looked like adults in their 20s. Without context and looking at Seiya characters, I'd consider almost all of them to be at LEAST in their 20s.
I think the anime even had them driving at one point. They just didn't care at all about the ages.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
ResetEra will be like "this anime ended toxic masculinity" and it's the ugliest outfit you've ever seen

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Tenkai-Hen is the best Saint Seiya movie ever, I'll never tire of saying it!!

tumblr_n8vyfhDhpC1qzdpr4o1_500.gifv

tumblr_mq19k1KYsB1s6cql7o1_500.gif

tumblr_oy7rgclcam1txj8weo1_500.gif

And I'm heartbroken because we will never have such an amazing movie like this one ever again.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I watched Tenkai Hen as a kid and I just remember being confused. Like I just didn't understand the plot at all. I should rewatch it lol