• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I meant Hotaru not Saturn. My bad.

Shame since I like her and Pluto better than the other two others but they dont get as much screentime.
Oh yeah, right. Hotaru could have been in it. Maybe they excluded her because she was tied to the series villains and the movies always completely excluded the regular villains.

OP
OP
MikeMyers

MikeMyers

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Hotaru/Saturn getting more screenlight is the one thing I like better in Crystal than the original.

Stars totally wasted her potential. I don't think she was ever in a MOTW episode. Was she?

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I saw the R & S movies tonight. Went back to the same theater that had the snafu on Saturday. They didn't show the dub but went ahead with the sub like it was originally scheduled. Would have loved to seen the dub, but no biggie.

Still hate the ending to R. For crying out loud, at least show them back on Earth. S was fantastic. Villain totally reminded me of Shiva from FF 14. And at least Luna got to do something. And Luna in human form....phew

Ranking: S > R > Super S

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My preference had always been R > S > SuperS. I always enjoyed the Doom Tree arc, and Moon Revenge is the icing on the cake.

Pink Tape

Oct 25, 2017
Red Velvet's cookie jar
I also saw R and S tonight but I saw it with subs for the first time ever. I was really young when I watched and rewatched those movies and the only thing I had access to was the english dub. So it was really cool to see these movies this way and to hear songs like Moon's Revenge super loud in the theater (as it should be played tbh). I'm going to go back and see S/Super S the same way.

I've always loved S because of the Butterfly transformation (that one is my favorite) and the whole Luna centric plot. Her Princess Snow Kaguya design is amazing and I still adore it to this day. R is great as well because I really enjoy the whole flower motif throughout the film, it's more centered around Usagi and Mamoru, Moon's Revenge/Power of Love, and her transformation into Princess Serenity at the end to protect her friends and Earth is so freaking cool.

I really wanna rewatch the old series and Crystal now lol.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why they called Eternal if it's not based in the last arc lmao

The characters designs look nice, but a only movie for the entire Dead Moon arc is a bit... worrisome.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
It's two movies and Eternal works because she becomes Eternal Sailor Moon and powers up the other senshi to their final forms during the climax of the movie.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Was just about to post to this (to spark some life in here) but looks like I was beat :p

2 movies can work if they both run around 2 hrs, since around 6 eps (minus op/end scenes) can fit into 2 hrs, and those would both make up a 12 episode series. The only thing that stings is not being simulcasted... theaters have been AMAZING about bringing almost all of the major movies as limited releases, but in my case, I hate going to theaters alone and don't have anyone around that's a fan :/

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh wow, this thread exists!

So hum, little bit of context, name's Delphine, been a fan of Sailor Moon since I'm like 8 years old, I have all 18 volumes of the manga (old 90s vintage version at that) plus 3 volumes of Sailor V plus Artbook volume 1 plus so many other merchandise (cute figures, mostly Q Posket ones cause that's the only ones I think are cute enough, makeup (eyeliners, powders etc), tees and even the Moon Stick). Ok so I love Sailor Moon, my favorite senshis are Saturn, Cosmos & Moon, and now that's out of the bag, here's the reason I'm posting here:

Uniqlo is gonna make a collection of tees featuring Sailor Moon! And not just anything, but the MANGA version (aka the superior one for me, I love both anime adaptations, but the manga's where the shit at), and I can't wait for it!

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just for women? Sexist.

Errr is that a joke or...?
Either way, it's obvious the cut is 100% unisex.
I just bought a Uniqlo Overwatch shirt that was categorized as a men's shirt, you'll survive buying a Sailor Moon shirt that is categorized as a women's shirt, I promise.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Errr is that a joke or...?
Either way, it's obvious the cut is 100% unisex.
I just bought a Uniqlo Overwatch shirt that was categorized as a men shirt, you'll survive buying a Sailor Moon shirt that is categorized as a women shirt, I promise.

Uniqlo can be unfair a lot of the times. Some are in guy sizes, some are in girls, but the worst is when some of the really nice designs are kids-only. The Sailor Moon designs are great though! Better than stuff from like Hot Topic or Box Lunch with the huge SAILOR MOON logos all over them and stuff.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Available In All Stores | Sold Out Online

RESTOCK COMING SOON

We understand many fans may be disappointed to hear that this collection sold out early. We will do our best to get the styles restocked. Stay tuned for an update.

Uhhhh what? The sales pages were never even created yet... How are ALL of them just "sold out"? No news on their Twitter/Facebook or any sites talking about this, it's weird. My closest Uniqlo is kinda far...

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Uhhhh what? The sales pages were never even created yet... How are ALL of them just "sold out"? No news on their Twitter/Facebook or any sites talking about this, it's weird. My closest Uniqlo is kinda far...

Oh wow, Sailor Moon proving once again how popular of a franchise they are.
They're still available on the French shop though. But I'm sad because there's one tee missing (and it's not like it's out of stock, it's just not even there at all), and that was my favorite one:

wN3wsjy.jpg

I suppose I'll just buy my second favorite one, even though it's a little bit more plain, since those two were the only ones I'm vibing with (not really a fan of pockets and back designs, to be honest):

jVUVmVV.jpg

I'll probably go out tomorrow and browse my local Uniqlo and hope for the best :x

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, Sailor Moon proving once again how popular of a franchise they are.
They're still available on the French shop though. But I'm sad because there's one tee missing (and it's not like it's out of stock, it's just not even there at all), and that was my favorite one:

wN3wsjy.jpg

I suppose I'll just buy my second favorite one, even though it's a little bit more plain, since those two were the only ones I'm vibing with (not really a fan of pockets and back designs, to be honest):

jVUVmVV.jpg

I'll probably go out tomorrow and browse my local Uniqlo and hope for the best :x

Looks like they are up now! I figured there was NO WAY they just sold out like that...

I picked out the white one above and the dark blue one. Totally forgot about the purple one, the US site doesn't have it either. Maybe that was the one causing the site issue? I'm guessing that maybe they didn't receive stock of that particular one in time, or something.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Totally forgot about the purple one, the US site doesn't have it either. Maybe that was the one causing the site issue? I'm guessing that maybe they didn't receive stock of that particular one in time, or something.

Well I checked again today, and the purple one was finally available in the French store, so I finally took it as well as the white one! I'm a happy moonie!

tNiYRPM.png

I'll share more pictures when I'll finally get my hands on it, but yeah, everything went according to keikaku on this one
mmrSPnS.gif

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Funny, I'm actually heading to Uniqlo today for an in-store pick up I have for the purple one :p

I order online when I can, because when the site lists "available at limited locations" or whatever, it means they only send them to their larger, flagship shops (which mine is not). I just try and snap them up right away, and take advantage of free shipping when it's up.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Funny, I'm actually heading to Uniqlo today for an in-store pick up I have for the purple one :p

I order online when I can, because when the site lists "available at limited locations" or whatever, it means they only send them to their larger, flagship shops (which mine is not). I just try and snap them up right away, and take advantage of free shipping when it's up.

Yeah I tend to do the same, I don't mind checking in my local store if they have what I want, but for items I really want like these tees, I'd rather order online, and have it shipped to my local store, that way I'm sure I get my hands on them.

Glad you have your purple tee as well, guess it was kind of a favorite! I love the shade of purple, so pretty, and I love that it features all 5 inner senshis!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
PSMj4xb.jpg

The cut is a tiny bit short, I would have liked them to have the same length as the Overwatch tees they were selling like a month ago (hence why I bought a size above my usual one), but overall, they're pretty damn great, and are so pretty!

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I know some think that the story will be "cramped" with having 2 movies, but if you think about it, it can equal out to around 6 episodes per movie, if the timing is around 2 hours.I'm not going to go in with any good or bad expectations, only that it sucks on the wait before watching it. I do like how almost all popular anime are getting limited theater runs, but I'm just personally not a fan of going to them, myself. Will probably wait for whenever the blu rays to come out until I watch them, since I doubt they will be streaming anywhere. Well... unless they do something similar to Digimon Tri, and host them on Crunchyroll as separate episodes, while still hosting theatrical runs.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
So, I finally got round to watching Sailor Moon Crystal over the last few week.

Season 1 and 2 were alright. I disliked the stiff animation, but I thought they did a decent job telling a streamlined version of the story. Wish they had a few more episodes for S1.

Season 3 was a big improvement. They again did a good job with the streamlined story, and the animation was a big improvement.

I was also shocked that they got Sailor Galaxia's VA to belt out the 2nd version of S3's opening at 60 years old.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

Both Eternal movies have been delayed to 2021, which is probably the least shocking news ever.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

A special video in honor of Usagi and Chibi Usa's birthdays has been released. It shows off some collaborations, along with other things.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The ColourPop x Sailor Moon make-up collection has finally been restocked yesterday at long last, so I indulged myself and bought the palette and 2 lippies!

yPDsVP3.jpg

Can't wait to try them :D

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
was thinking about grabbing one these and using it on a keychain for my keys. Everything is usually too........feminine I guess you could say, for me since I'm a straight dude. But I think the keychains strike a nice balance for what I want and the pluto symbol.

Sailor Scout Symbol Spinner Necklaces and Keychains - Etsy

25mm cabochon clear pendants featuring symbols of your favorite Sailor Scouts! Option of double sided spinner pendant approximately 1.5x 1.3. Includes waxed necklace cord with adjustable length. Also available, symbol scout symbol on a keychain along with a random charm. Please specify which

plus it spins! hell yes

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017

Woah woah woah, wait a minute. I thought the second movie was gonna cover Stars :\

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if Viz will skip theater runs of the movies in the US due to Covid. While I enjoyed watching the older movie in theaters, things have definitely changed since then.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Viz will skip theater runs of the movies in the US due to Covid. While I enjoyed watching the older movie in theaters, things have definitely changed since then.

It was nice to see smaller anime movies that weren't Ghibli make a huge surge in theaters, but things are sure different now. Some movies have been doing VoD, like the Made in Abyss movie, so that might be possible. Then again, they sure have been holding back the Demon Slayer movie outside of Asia...

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Glad you were able to get them! Let us know how they work out.

I know I'm answering very late to this, but this palette is truly amazing, and the lippies are great! I'm overall very satisfied with the quality of it all, and oh boy do I love it! Definitely recommending the palette if you're interested!

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
So... how did the first Eternal movie turn out? This is the only review I was able to find.
www.tuxedounmasked.com

Sailor Moon Eternal – A Spoiler-Free Review

After a three and a half year wait — and an unexpected delay right before release — Sailor Moon has finally returned to the big screen after a 25 year hiatus.Much like many other fans i…

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So... how did the first Eternal movie turn out? This is the only review I was able to find.
www.tuxedounmasked.com

Sailor Moon Eternal – A Spoiler-Free Review

After a three and a half year wait — and an unexpected delay right before release — Sailor Moon has finally returned to the big screen after a 25 year hiatus.Much like many other fans i…

Sounds pretty positive! Nice! I just wonder when us westerners will get a chance to see it, especially with tons of closed theaters.