• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Looking forward to it. Season 3 of Crystal did wonders to turn the series around after the abhorrent production values of the first two.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I marathoned the new shows at the start of covid and was thoroughly ok with it all.

Only thing that particularly impressed me was Galaxia's nearly 60 year old VA belting out one of the openings in season 3 without missing a beat.

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice. Looking forward to seeing the SuperS arc animated with its actual story.

I will say the start of that trailer confused me. "Did they upload the wrong trailer for the English announcement?" lol

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind watching Crystal from the beginning but not sure I want to jump in with this movie. I think my wife and I got through most of season one but were already watching the original series through at the time so we stopped Crystal.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still unhappy that Crystal ended up going too far in the original's direction, but I'll still be all over this.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I wouldn't mind watching Crystal from the beginning but not sure I want to jump in with this movie. I think my wife and I got through most of season one but were already watching the original series through at the time so we stopped Crystal.

I'd say give it another shot. I can understand not wanting to watch both at the same time, it'd be jarring. First part of Crystal is rough, but it gets substantially better as it continues on.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
This is awesome! I'm looking forward to both movies, I'm a fan of this arc ^^

I just recently rewatched Crystal too lol

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
WOW, my wife is sure gonna be pleased about this. I never cared much for Sailor Moon, but since I got married to a Sailor Moon addict, I've seen all the shows and movies by now, except for Crystal, but I guess she can fill me in. The animation looks gorgeous at least. IN!

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Sailor Moon: "Lets get our movies out to an international audience in a timely fashion"

Evangelion: "Fuck them fans"

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Hm, so the Outer Sailors are in it? I remember them skipping this season (wich was the worst of the original series btw). I'll watch it, though.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I remember season 1 looking horrible but season 2 fixed a lot of the design issues.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix Jail :( I mean, it was inevitable, but I would have perferred more digital storefronts.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Crystal that bad? I loved the original series for all the ridiculous antics.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Have all 200 old episodes and movies on tape, but only watched few episodes of Crystal. Will watch this for sure though. Going back to the old character design helps.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So so happy about this, was wondering how I was ever going to see it.

Apparently Sailor Saturn
gets an actual transformation sequence in this for the first time ever!

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, that's a pleasant surprise.

SuperS was always the worst arc of SM but I'll watch anyway.

Sailor Moon: "Lets get our movies out to an international audience in a timely fashion"

Evangelion: "Fuck them fans"

Seriously. Toho/Toei/Khara had one of the most hotly anticipated anime movies of all time on their hands and they just fucked up the release so bad.

It's like they learned nothing from the clusterfuck they made of 3.33's release.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Loved the Crystal series and how it removed all of the bloated content. Made the show watchable for me and i can't wait for this (and yes i already thought this about the original when i was a kid. what a slog to watch all the filler episodes that go nowhere always with the same damn formula and no character development)