• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
The broadcast will feature the latest information on the SaGa series. Specific details, including presenters and featured titles, will be announced during the broadcast.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
wow-soon.gif

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
Would love a remaster of the beautiful SaGa Frontier 2, with the original water-color-like backgrounds AI upscaled

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Expecting: mobile shit

Hoping for: remasters and/or remakes of old SaGa games and porting other SaGa games, reveal of new console SaGa game

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
They will absolutely talk about Re;Universe. The servers will be down through the stream. Re;Universe is basically what is funding all other SaGa projects. It makes way more money than everything else.

But I do expect more than that. Kawazu has been dancing around other remasters and a new game, so hopefully they will talk about both things.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
They will absolutely talk about Re;Universe. The servers will be down through the stream. Re;Universe is basically what is funding all other SaGa projects. It makes way more money than everything else.

But I do expect more than that. Kawazu has been dancing around other remasters and a new game, so hopefully they will talk about both things.
So this is what you were talking about on Twitter

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Can't see SaGa Frontier 2 remaster/remake not being announced. Its the next in line and they have seemingly been going in order.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance we're getting a new game? All I know is that I loved SaGa Scarlet Grace and I'm excited to see what they could do next.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Never played minstrel song so going to get that for sure.

Hope frontier 2 remaster is coming too

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice I'll be able to continue with Minstrel Song. Think they'll announce anything else?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm

If this is the remaster, I wonder if that means Frontier 2 is the remake

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Bought Minstrel Song back in the day on PS2 but played all of five minutes, I'll definitely check out this remaster given the quality of the SaGa Frontier job.

Hoping for a SaGa Fronter 2 announcement.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Looking good for a remaster so far, hope they don't botch it. Now only if they would give us the 3d remakes of Saga 2 & 3 in english already! I don't mind if they still look like DS games.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
If they want to add new scenarios to SF2 they likely want to do a rebuild style of remake like the Pixel Remasters. I imagine adding wholly new scenarios would be difficult otherwise.
I also imagine remastering SF2 like SF1 even with AI would not exactly look great dude to the nature of how SF2 looked. Those backgrounds are probably just going to need to be fully redrawn if the original high quality paintings aren't around anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
I also imagine remastering SF2 like SF1 even with AI would not exactly look great dude to the nature of how SF2 looked. Those backgrounds are probably just going to need to be fully redrawn if the original high quality paintings aren't around anymore.

There's some chance they still have higher resolution assets. SF1 seems like they only lost some of the original assets/code.

I also think that solid watercolors might be a good candidate for AI upscaling, as there is less super specific detail that can get mangled than 3D models, if the training library is well selected. Less room for that really weird AI Dream artifacting.

Looking good for a remaster so far, hope they don't botch it. Now only if they would give us the 3d remakes of Saga 2 & 3 in english already! I don't mind if they still look like DS games.

I imagine SE is in the process of coming up with a good solution/engine update for their two-screen games. SaGa 2/3 remakes are in the same mess of a situation that the DQ remakes are. They are definitely doing something for the DQ games, and hopefully SaGa 2/3 get to ride on some coattails following that.

Perched for Mintrel Song HD + Fast Forward Button

Fast Forward is going to be a monumental improvement to the game. IMO the map movement needs an increased speed relative to the enemy speed, regardless of an FF toggle. This is also the only of the SE remasters that raises some questions about what the FoV should be due to the perspective on what is essentially a bunch of tunnels. New aspect ratio so things will feel really weird.

freikugeln

Oct 27, 2017
I also think that solid watercolors might be a good candidate for AI upscaling, as there is less super specific detail that can get mangled than 3D models, if the training library is well selected. Less room for that really weird AI Dream artifacting.

Agreed. Legend of Mana Remaster for instance, a game that also features hand drawn 2d backgrounds, turned out great and from what l 've seen it 's pretty accurate to the original art. Anyhow, with the way the Romancing Saga remakes and Saga Frontier were handled this is the only department inside Squeenix l have complete faith not to screw things up.