• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This game has no English physical copy right? So I should buy it digitally.

But Romancing Saga 2 and 3 had a physical English version if I remember correctly?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'll ever have the time to finish it (I have no clue how far through the story I am) but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent with this game. You should buy it.

BryanFulton

Sep 3, 2018
Thank you for making this thread! I had not even heard of this game, but it sounds right up my alley. Getting it now on Switch for the sale price.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I bought it. It better be worth it or I'm coming after you! I haven't liked the gameplay of any of the SaGa games I've played before. Hopefully this will be different.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
I bounced off this one pretty hard. I'd like to come back to it at some point but I think I do actually need some of those budget inflators to be engaged, and also I had a lot of anxiety around playing "the right way" and not grinding by mistake lest I put myself in an unwinnable position (the same reason I never got very far in Final Fantasy Tactics).
There is really only 1 part of fft that, that can happen, otherwise respeccing jobs and shit is super easy in fft and from the mid game on its really not too hard at all, particularly compared to other games in the genre. I dunno i generally prefer some story and characters in my jrpgs, but ive heard so much good stuff im tempted. Dunno im still on the fence wife and i gor a shitload in game stops buy 2 get 1 sale

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up on PSN during the sale and IT'S GREAT.

Totally my vibe.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty amazing that they managed to make this game with a small budget and it's very competent and not really feeling incomplete like a number of other SaGa games.

I'm gonna jump back into the game at some point. I got pretty far into it, and the difficulty did ramp up pretty hard. Those worried will know that it does have a difficulty slider, but even putting it on easy can still be challenging (lol, it's still a SaGa game, after all).

I own all of the current SaGa releases on Steam (except for the Legend of Final Fantasy compilation, which I'll buy later when I have extra money). I want to have copies of all the SaGa games, since I'm a fan of the series and I'm really happy they are getting remasters.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Already picked it up on Steam a while back, but now that I'm done with SMT V for the time being... maybe I'll take a look at it sooner rather than later.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Just bought the 3 Saga games out there, it's a steal.

Always feels a bit bad to buy the digital versions when I'm interested in the physical ones (Romancing Saga 2 and 3), but they are so cheap here a double dip is absolutely fine.
If we will ever get Romancing Saga 1 on the Switch? 🤔

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Just bought the 3 Saga games out there, it's a steal.

Always feels a bit bad to buy the digital versions when I'm interested in the physical ones (Romancing Saga 2 and 3), but they are so cheap here a double dip is absolutely fine.
If we will ever get Romancing Saga 1 on the Switch? 🤔

I'm pretty sure they mentioned getting one up on modern consoles.

I'm a sucker for physical releases so I always double and triple dip

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
quoting myself from the Steam thread but

yooooo

SaGa Scarlet Grace is that good, fuck me (at least for the 1hour or so I played lol). The combat system is fantastic but I actually really like the outside combat loop, walking around and finding events and shit, it has a lot more to it than I expected since I heard the game was 99% combat.

buy it people. Switch port (at least portable) seems absolutely perfect aswell.