• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Where are these chapters everyone keeps talking about? Pretty sure i already played ten hours and never saw a chapter screen! I just learned the dual sword skill with Urpina, am I still in chapter one?

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone figured out a specific strategy for the final boss? Main is Urpina

It depends who/what you're using, what version you're fighting, what BR you are around, and what phase you need help with. None of the sections have a singular and direct easy answer. You need to understand the game mechanics and tailor your strategy around your party and your specific problem.

Where are these chapters everyone keeps talking about? Pretty sure i already played ten hours and never saw a chapter screen! I just learned the dual sword skill with Urpina, am I still in chapter one?

Urpina and Taria both have similar 3 Act structures. Yes, still on act one.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dual wield is your best friend for Urpina.

Personally I found having everyone max level health (999) helped but it's not necessary. Speed is king though, I used my most mobile characters plus a mage. Either that or have speed debuffs handy on a character. Maxed out thunder spell really wrecks the boss as well.

Are celestials the ones that pop out and as if you want a treasure, a fight, or nothing at all? Because I've already fought two of those so far and I'm still in Chapter 2 of Urpina.

One just popped up when I found a secret
shrine in that province where you go on pilgrimage. I think it was Macha, if I remember well. Wasn't too bad to fight but really cool to see.

Oct 25, 2017
Dual wield is your best friend for Urpina.

Personally I found having everyone max level health (999) helped but it's not necessary. Speed is king though, I used my most mobile characters plus a mage. Either that or have speed debuffs handy on a character. Maxed out thunder spell really wrecks the boss as well.

999 HP is overkill. Across my four playthroughs I only eclipsed 800 HP with like 2 or 3 characters. Turn order matters a whole ton, but it matters for some versions of the boss much more than others. If it is doing Stun/Confusion, yes, you need to go first, so speed debuff, Mobility, and

Make sure you are using a formation that fits your party. If Urpina is main DPS with Dual Whirlwind, try to get it Rank 2 and use Sweeping Strikes formation so it costs 2 BP. If you need to go first, Free For All is great. If you want to do the mage strategy, use any of the mage or Incantation- formations. Hell, if you're going for a single target enemy, you can even use the dumb Frenzy formation.

The game is extremely well-balanced, and different strategies are going to be required depending on what characters/weapons you are using and what main/path/ending you are heading towards.

Landing Speed/Defense debuffs on the first turn is super useful, and is one of the reasons why I think higher Mobility builds for Clubs/Axes are under-appreciated.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading the tips section and learned that it's easier to land ailments if the enemy already has ailments. This blew my mind. I tried it out and it seems like cycling poison, paralysis, and sleep against enemies who are susceptible to all of them is super potent. You can basically just ailment lock them.

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading the tips section and learned that it's easier to land ailments if the enemy already has ailments. This blew my mind. I tried it out and it seems like cycling poison, paralysis, and sleep against enemies who are susceptible to all of them is super potent. You can basically just ailment lock them.

That's why that is one of the Bonus Rewards conditions. The Bonus conditions aren't "challenges", they are there to guide the player into playing the game "correctly".

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Protects on key characters helps when the final boss is doing stun spam too, so don't approach it like you can only do anything with your fastest characters. The sooner you get your mage started casting the better.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Could someone tepos the guide that explained how to get 500 of a specific item that can then be traded or such for upgrade items?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks, lemme see if I can get there now before I can progress further.
Also where's the emperor's saw again?

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, lemme see if I can get there now before I can progress further.
Also where's the emperor's saw again?

Emporer's Saw wasn't in one place for me, I had to keep chasing the people who had taken it across several regions. But to start you can
take the port that's to the east of Alhouacan to start sailing around the bay. The culprits should pop up when you step on the city.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Emporer's Saw wasn't in one place for me, I had to keep chasing the people who had taken it across several regions. But to start you can
take the port that's to the east of Alhouacan to start sailing around the bay. The culprits should pop up when you step on the city.
Ah that's the city I've been looking for actually. I dunno if I can access it just yet but I'll progress some more and hopefully I can get it and then clear that particular quest.

One more thing; should I feed the black apples?

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Does the arena change after you beat it the first time? Any new items to be gained by doing it all over again?

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I freed a bunch of fairies and still couldn't get the dual wielding, so I just moved on. Sigh.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Need help in bal's route
I can't get past Imokahel Gate, so what do I gotta do? I am told to visit the other areas but I've done just about everything there.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
OK so seems there are missions where I can send my retenue on.
What mission is best for which weapon user?

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
OK so seems there are missions where I can send my retenue on.
What mission is best for which weapon user?

Your success is dependent on your stats (including equipment bonuses). Most of them are pretty easy to discern based on the text, but generally: if they want a high stat, it needs to be 12 or over; if they want a low stat it needs to be 8 or less. Some of the descriptions are vague ("Your baddest dude" and "Someone with a death wish" translate to 6 LP or more, while "Hungry" is asking for someone with 5 LP or less. The one on Megdasse about being a shepherd is asking for low acuity).

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Does the arena change after you beat it the first time? Any new items to be gained by doing it all over again?
There are other teams you can fight including the crazy hard hell's wall. I don't remember what the rewards were after beating it the first time, so probably nothing that great.

One more thing; should I feed the black apples?

If you
clear out all of the glyph monsters the apples turn red and giving them to the sheep does not immediately turn them into fiends.
No clue if there is any other good effect to doing this as I still haven't returned to the area in ch. 3 yet.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Your success is dependent on your stats (including equipment bonuses). Most of them are pretty easy to discern based on the text, but generally: if they want a high stat, it needs to be 12 or over; if they want a low stat it needs to be 8 or less. Some of the descriptions are vague ("Your baddest dude" and "Someone with a death wish" translate to 6 LP or more, while "Hungry" is asking for someone with 5 LP or less. The one on Megdasse about being a shepherd is asking for low acuity).
Ok thanks i can work with that for starters.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Early game Urpina-

I met this old lady in some ruins who gave me three matches. In the same region (adjacent to Azhuacan, but I forget its name), I found an old, abandoned shrine and had the option to light a match. A monster appeared so I fought and beat it. I assume I'll be able to light the remaining two matches in other zones, correct?

Also, in that region, there was a forest hut surrounded by fiends. When I defeated the fiends and entered the hut, this NPC wearing sunglasses was sitting inside. He said he was just fine staying in there and chilling. Is he recruitable, and if so, how do I do that?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I still find it funny i wasted 2 hours doing random shit when all i needed to do was engage a battle in order to unlock the ferry to get a key item, go back, properly finish that battle then be able to progress xp

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So I found a
baby
Am i supposed to leave it at every area in taht map and then come back to take it in order for the game to let me progress that side quest?

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
So I found a
baby
Am i supposed to leave it at every area in taht map and then come back to take it in order for the game to let me progress that side quest?
That is one of the quests that progresses during one of the chapter scenarios. You can only go so far with the quest until you have triggered the proper scenario, at which point you can complete it.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I see. Is the game mixing up when it is supposed to let players do certain side quests or something?
Some quests are directly tied to the main scenario quests and some aren't. It also varies from character to character. So for instance in the quest we are talking about you could interact with the baby in Taria and Balmaint's first chapter, but could not complete the quest until you triggered the main scenario quest in a subsequent chapter. For my Urpina run the baby didn't even appear till her third chapter and the quest could be completed right away.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'm at Azuhacan during the Phoenix scenario, and there is a fight with two Infernal Destroyers that I assume is blocking my path. How on earth do I beat these guys? Feels like a lot of RNG to stop them from using Double Machine Guns which two-shots my party.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
edit:
Shard quest complete as Bal, time to go about the main quest.
NO MORE SIDETRACKING.
THAT'S IT I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF GETTING LOST @_@

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at Azuhacan during the Phoenix scenario, and there is a fight with two Infernal Destroyers that I assume is blocking my path. How on earth do I beat these guys? Feels like a lot of RNG to stop them from using Double Machine Guns which two-shots my party.

You need to clarify more, because there's like 5 or 6 different versions of the Phoenix scenario, and slight branches even in that. Who is your main? 2nd or 3rd Act? What you're describing doesn't sound like any version I've done.

Anyhow, those guys are the worst enemy in the game. They fucked up the scaling. If you have to fight them (I'm yet to see any time those things are mandatory fights), use Protect moves to make sure that if somebody is going down they'll trigger a Unite Attack. That and stuns, and I think Attack/Speed/Defense debuffs are the tricks.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
You need to clarify more, because there's like 5 or 6 different versions of the Phoenix scenario, and slight branches even in that. Who is your main? 2nd or 3rd Act? What you're describing doesn't sound like any version I've done.

Anyhow, those guys are the worst enemy in the game. They fucked up the scaling. If you have to fight them (I'm yet to see any time those things are mandatory fights), use Protect moves to make sure that if somebody is going down they'll trigger a Unite Attack. That and stuns, and I think Attack/Speed/Defense debuffs are the tricks.
2nd Act, Urpina. I'm trying to get to the middle tower and I might just be missing the path, but the only thing it seems I can do is fight one of those scarlet shard monsters that pops up.

And yeah I've been trying that. Protect helps me last a few extra turns but they are just sponges so I can't take them out before I get taken out, especially when one of my stuns doesn't connect.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Bal scenario complete~
Y'all recommend Urpina cuz she's easy? Bal seemed like Normal difficulty to me although that final boss battle was annoying @o@
So far I really like the game but dislike it when it isn't properly detailing or informing you how to progress.

Going to do Urpina now, but afterwards who of the remaining two are worth doing first?

Oct 25, 2017
2nd Act, Urpina. I'm trying to get to the middle tower and I might just be missing the path, but the only thing it seems I can do is fight one of those scarlet shard monsters that pops up, especially when one of my stuns doesn't connect.

And yeah I've been trying that. Protect helps me last a few extra turns but they are just sponges so I can't take them out before I get taken out.

Scarlet Shard monsters are 100% optional. Library or sewers is my suggestion? Lots of people seemingly don't notice when the map changes.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Scarlet Shard monsters are 100% optional. Library or sewers is my suggestion? Lots of people seemingly don't notice when the map changes.
Hm I thought I went everywhere at least looking for a button prompt that meant I could interact with it, I'll check again.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So in Urpina route, early on I can speak with some ghosts/spectres. I tell them I will 'find the fate of their lord', where can I go to find that?

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Urpina route feels pretty dull after having olayed the game with Bal
Seriously the game was more generous with hp and skill ups as i played with bal than what i am getting with urpina.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
In Balmaint's route:

I'm in a snowy area with a volcano in the middle. Should I make it erupt?