• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I played the shit outta SF1 as a kid.

I did pick up SF2 when it came out but for some reason couldn't get as deeply into it.

Looking forward to giving this one a shot when it comes out!

Anyone have a video or anything they like that explains the mechanics for a SF1 vet?

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
My only experience with Saga was Unlimited Saga way back on PS2 and I HATED it at the time. I played The Last Remnant years later and loved that. While not a Saga game I know it was influenced by it massively. What would you folks recommend for one interested in getting into the series now?
SaGa Scarlet Grace is a good start and working your way back from there. Scarlet Grace is the best turn based game I've ever played. Triple dipped on the game.

I'm fairly new to the series and have liked them all so far. Really curious about Unlimited SaGa.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
SF2 didn't click with me back in the day but now that I have more SaGa experience, I'm looking forward to giving it another go.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
SaGa Frontier is one of my all-time RPGs, but I couldn't get into the sequel at all because it was so different.

Time for a second chance I guess.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite third party company.. still can't believe how they made a fantastic comeback to their roots after they lost some of their way in the 7th generation.

They are sending half of these to die, it's too crowded within Square alone bro.

Like I'm their target audience and I can NOT afford all the ones I want :/ . (and it's not inflation going to shit that's gonna help)

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Worth checking out Square-Enix upcoming TGS SaGa stream:

September 16 (YouTube [English, Japanese], Niconico, Twitch)
  • 19:00 – SaGa Series Tokyo Game Show 2022 Special Broadcast – The latest information on the SaGa series, with a focus on Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered, Imperial SaGa Eclipse, and Romancing Saga Re;univerSe. Featuring host Nobuo (of the comic duo Penguins), Yuu Urata (voice actor for Albert in Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered), Akitoshi Kawazu (SaGa series general director), Masanori Ichikawa (SaGa series producer), Hiroyuki Miura (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered producer), Kazuma Oushuu (Imperial SaGa Eclipse producer), Benny Matsuyama (game writer, novelist), Yousuke Fujimoto (Think & Feel director), Hikaru Ishihara (Akatsuki development staff), and Shinji Ueno (Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered director).

www.gematsu.com

Square Enix announces TGS 2022 lineup, schedule

Square Enix has opened its Tokyo Game Show 2022 website and announced its lineup of games and live stream schedule for the event, which will run from September 15 to 18 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, …

If this leak is real, they could use this stage to announce the remaster.

Oct 25, 2017
Worth checking out Square-Enix upcoming TGS SaGa stream:

www.gematsu.com

Square Enix announces TGS 2022 lineup, schedule

Square Enix has opened its Tokyo Game Show 2022 website and announced its lineup of games and live stream schedule for the event, which will run from September 15 to 18 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, …

If this leak is real, they could use this stage to announce the remaster.

I'd be absolutely shocked if this gets announced. I have no doubt that an SF2 remaster is coming, but every single aspect of the PlayAsia "leak" screams that the page was just made in error.

The next main SaGa game is more likely to get announced IMO, and I still wouldn't bet on that.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's three hours before Square Enix hits the stage at TGS. I could see them announcing it during the SaGa stream and then just replaying the trailer during the SE stream.