• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Damn OP, when you mentioned sacred/holy songs, that Star Ocean theme was the first one to come to mind haha

Here's another good one:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad I was soundly beaten here in many picks- NIER, FFX and Umineko particularly.

The House In Fata Morgana has some stuff in this vein

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
This makes me think of almost the whole soundtrack of momodora. Besides edging out nier for my soundtrack of the generation, there's only like two action tracks. The rest I would describe as either sacred or holy, yes.

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
I thought Siren Blood Curse's Lament was kind of holy and sacred in its vocals to the point of distorted holiness

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately couldn't find a better version of this song that included the amazing build-up, so you're all stuck with this poopy quality because it needs to be heard in its entirety, but know that in-game it sounds much better:

And finally, to bring a different flavour of holiness to this thread:

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
ĹŚkami has plenty of spiritual music (holy or otherwise) but I'd say the song that plays when the goddess restores her full powers is the best example of being in the presence of something gloriously holy.

On the flip side...

Ruffy666

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is suffering from an unfortunate lack of Valkyrie Profile. This is one of my all-time favorites

Pretty much the entire soundtrack to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture would qualify... Jessica Curry is amazing

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - A Messenger

This is song is associated with Sanaki, Empress of Begnion.

Persona 3 - The Velvet Room theme (it's also in 4, and I think 5, too.)

You might also recognise this song--or something very similar--in P4 and P5(?), IIRC. It's associated with the realm where you summon & fuse Personas.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
OP posted what I was going to do, which was the WoW music when you enter a cathedral. Love taking my Paladin in there and just basking in the Holiness of it all.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
If chanting is what you want, then the Crusader Kings II Soundtrack pretty much has you covered (unsurprisingly given its theme).

And basically repeat this for two hours or however long the soundtrack takes. Honestly the game does actually have a pretty good soundtrack for how little people talk about it, although it does have a tendency to just play the three shittiest songs in its soundtrack over and over again because the music is supposed to be context sensitive.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Apart from the already posted XB2 stuff:
Xenoblade Chronicles

Starts off what you would expect from this thread, and then adds some sweet guitar

My absolute favourite song of this type. So epic and so intense

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Say whatever you want about Resident Evil Revelations, but it has an amazing soundtrack. Queen Dido was one of the coolest moments in the game.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Symphony was mentioned but not this track:

And this mostly fits too I feel:

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
hmm since shadowlord has been covered! how about these examples for your consideration:

Illusion of Gaia

I unironically love this temple of cheese from Hyrule Warriors and im not sorry

I haven't even played Tower of Heaven but checkit tho, pretty sacred

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Bioshock Infinite and Everyone's Gone to the Rapture has some good stuff that might qualify as sacred sounding music

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
there is tons of holy sounding music out there. it's generally the theme of evil in jrpg, lol.

anyway, i played this cd many times that's why i'm going to post this one, they all feel so holy

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne especially is full of this. Hail the Nightmare is a great example:

Also Medieval 2: Total War - Amen

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Honestly this has been the most beautiful music thread that's been made so far. Guess I really like this type of music

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Came in here to add Sanctuary of Zi'tah from FFXI and the Lifestream theme from FF7(One of my favorite themes of all times) and saw I was beaten to the punch. I'll add Laurence the First Vicar since I know the lyrics by heart at this point.