• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Is it just me that's looking forward to a new game featuring Sackboy? It's out tomorrow in the US, it's arriving at my house tomorrow (can't play until next week though because I'm in the UK)..... But I've heard no buzz, there are still no reviews, which I hope isn't a bad sign. I'm predicting a nice solid 7 or 8 out of 10. I dont think the thing is going to be a legendary game, but I'm going to love playing it with my boy.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I'm sad that it has close to 0 coverage, but it's one of my most anticipated games on the PS5. Honestly cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to it, and think it has looked surprisingly strong every time I've seen it, but am waiting for reviews. I'm not exactly hurting for things to play, and Sony kind of undercut it by including what sounds like a fab platformer in the form of Astro on PS5.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
It's surprising. Are there evenany Demon's Souls reviews?

Perhaps since the PS5 is supply constrained so people can't just go online and order one, they're trying to keep the coverage focussed on Spider man? Because it looks really next-gen.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Also looking forward to it but waiting on reviews. This and Dirt 5 are my stretch launch games - money is ready just pending on reviews and impressions

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Looking to grab it myself after the online patch hits, but yeah. Definitely been hoping for impressions / coverage that hasn't appeared yet.

Headman Rum

Oct 28, 2017
The 3-4 hour stream from the other day looked good and the music was banging.

I preordered to have a pa5 game to play with my son too and judging by what I saw I think this will tick the right boxes.

Oct 25, 2017
i......kinda want this as my only ps5 game. fuck.

if it reviews well (the irony, no reviews) i might get it. im a huge Sumo fanboy (its Sumo, right?)

OP
OP

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Also looking forward to it but waiting on reviews. This and Dirt 5 are my stretch launch games - money is ready just pending on reviews and impressions
I was wondering whether to hold off until I saw reviews, but it's in the post already. I'm sure it'll be good, and I'm a sucker for a platformer.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super looking forward to it but... I can't justify paying €69,99 for it. More than enough backlog, so it will come later.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
We had previews and story trailer a couple of weeks ago, it was the first game showed with the new UI and Activities system and we had trailers in every major PS5 event.

Coverage is fine, also reviews are coming in the same timeframe of Demon's Souls

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The weirdest part is that they never released gameplay trailers. Atleast not as much as they should.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Codes for Sackboy came in hot in the last couple of days I believe, and Demon's Souls is only being sent today apparently.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Review copies went out a day or two ago for it. Demon's Souls copies go out today or tomorrow, as far as I understand. Wouldn't expect many finalized reviews from either tomorrow.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping it does well enough for the series to continue, they've taken it in exactly the direction I'd always wanted.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Codes were sent very late and embargo hasn't lifted yet.

Not sure if you'll see many reviews today, but you should get some impressions.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Random dude streaming it yesterday on PS4 sold it for me. Looks like a proper fun little platformer.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest, it only looks alright to me, and I just can't justify the cost.
Have a huge backlog across both XBO and PS4 that I'm moving over to next gen, and several of those are getting upgrades, so def prioritising those games first, whilst playing Miles and then Cyberpunk whenever that comes out.

But I will put it on the backlog when it goes down in price.

vaxick

Sep 25, 2019
Very excited for this one and it's one of the games I'm looking forward to playing on the PS5, especially as I'm a huge fan of platformers, but I will admit I'm going to wait for a price drop.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I think online not being available day 1 (but later this year) might give it a bit lower score in some cases. It has 10 trophies that can't be obtained currently before online is added.

But I mean, it's a simple straight up isometric-ish platformer with the usual moveset, seems like there's no big surprises here for better or worse.

Oct 27, 2017
It may end up being a great game, but at least for me it's the kind of franchise I know it's there but don't really care, to the point of not even considering getting the game in a very scarce launch period.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Looks great to me, reminds me a lot of 3D World. I'll wait until I have a second DualSense before buying it though, likely Christmas.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
There's no coverage because it's under embargo I'm pretty sure. There's no coverage for Demon's Souls either but nobody is worried about that one. Embargo I assume lifts today so we should see the rest of coverage coming fast.

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 won't be out in Europe until next week, is sold out errywhere, and focus is on DeSo and Niche-Man, so it's not too hard to see why it's kinda flying under the radar.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
I have really high hopes for this one. But it might be that Astro is the better Sackboy. Man, they could rival the likes of Super Mario with a fully fledged Astro Bot game.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks rather simplistic, without any challenge and probably won't have replay value either. I wil snag it on PS Plus next year.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm really excited for it and sincerely hope it ends up being a good game. I need a return to form after LBP3 ended up being a dud.

But the price where I'm at is ridiculous. Amazon are asking £59.99 for it, and that's not just the PS5 version but the PS4 version too. As a comparison, Ratchet & Clank 2016 was about £35 when it came out.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I would've jumped on this if it was budgeted at 40 or so quid like Sony have done in the past with Ratchet and Sly, can't see it having much success at 70 which is sad as it's a lovely IP and Sumo are good devs.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping it does well enough for the series to continue, they've taken it in exactly the direction I'd always wanted.
Same. The trailer looked nice and it looked cool in the UI demo. I really hope it came out well and does well since it's pretty exciting to see how they did going fully on this part of the game for this installment, while Dreams takes care of being an amazing create/play game. I pre-ordered after never getting around to the last LBP, even though it looks like I did manage to grab it when it was eventually on plus, so I've had a nice break between games this time.

Last edited:

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the game i would have been most interested in if i had managed to pre-order a PS5. At least visually, it looks gorgeous and imaginative. Gameplay seems very family friendly, co-op orientated and easy though. Depending on reviews, how much content is co-op only and performance on base PS4, i might pick it up on PS4 as my last game.

The marketing from Sony on this one was lacking. Then again, Sackboy and platformers in general just aren't very popular anymore.

Anyhow, very curious to see the reviews on this game. Fingers crossed it's a solid game.