• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Just payed some multiplayer, absolute carnage in the best way possible, so much fun. Don't. Sleep on this game it's great fun and the soundtrack is sublime.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
random question, can I make the save go backwards? from ps5 to ps4 in case I wanna play with my nephews on the holidays?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I have the game 100%ed minus the coop stuff. I need a partner who is the same and wants the platinum.

Roli

Apr 16, 2018
Do the trophies transfer? I won the game from a contest, but don't want to start it with my wife until I get a second PS5 controller. If the trophies transfer then I am okay to start the PS4 version.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Save transfers?? Doesnt that "just work" with cloud saves on ps5??

still waiting on my ps5...
Unfortunately, no. If you upgrade from the PS4 to PS5 version of any game, that game needs to support save transfers so you can use your save with the PS5 version. Otherwise, you can still use your PS4 save on your PS4 or PS5 through backwards compatability.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Anyone help me get these multiplayer trophies?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
So, Spider-Man has file transfer, now Sackboy.

and yet Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Dirt 5 and Maneater don´t have file transfers. seems that it isn´t that hard to implement...

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It feels so strange to buy the PS5 version. Feels like I'm being cheated....

If you buy the PS4 you get both, if you buy the PS5 you get.... just the PS5.

I loved getting both trophies on Dirt 5... I would totally do the same on this.... why isn't this possible?

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA

I loved getting both trophies on Dirt 5... I would totally do the same on this.... why isn't this possible?
I don't think that's true, unless you bought the physical? Digital at least nets you both

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
I'm the only one here to have problems with the update? I'm playing on PS5 with a PS4 disc but the console can't find the update.
When I launched the game a few hours ago has download the new update but that was for the PS4 version, and when I selected the PS5 version, I checked for updates but all I got was an error message.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I kinda wrote it off at first, but I picked it up so I could play with my daughter and I fell in love with it. It's an absolute gem of a game. The voice acting is fun, the characters are likeable, and the soundtrack is absolutely amazing.
How hard would you say it is? Daughter is 5, close to 6, and Im thinking about getting it for her for Christmas.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
There's a few wonky things happening in this update..

the Burden trophy doesn't seem to pop properly and there's just a lot of glitches regarding placement & objects interacting with sackboy in my experience

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
I experienced tons of glitches. The 10 coop aces trophy only seems to count if you host.

The carry a teammate in a trial trophy wouldn't pop period for me.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Couch co-op with my 7 year old son has been a near nightly thing since we started playing this, so it'll be fun to get a 4 player game going.

Just such a great little game all round.

Fuck the final Knitted Knight challenge tho.

Fuck it in the ear.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish these save transfers were bi-directional in all these games that implement it. I really hate how it can only go one way.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Can anyone tell me if you can transfer the saves from PS5 to PS4 too or it's just one way from PS4 to PS5?

edit: ok nevermind, it seems that it's one way only from PS4 to PS5... that's a**.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

You get both copies either way if I'm not mistaken.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
so matchmaking takes forever if you're a host. have it set to cross platform and got one person over an hour from trying tonight sporadically from 8pm to 11pm pacific time. joining also takes some time. there just doesn't seem to be a big userbase for this game. all i want to do is complete the multiplayer-locked levels. the developers should have made these completely unnecessary for 100%ing or added some kind of cpu-controlled character.

sackboy's a generally nice 3d platformer when things work out, but it keeps throwing in dumb crap like this and it's frustrating.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
If I invite someone into my game and we get orbs in a level, is that reflected in their game or do they have to host and we re-do the level?

Edit: it carries over to your own personal game.

Last edited:

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
FYI coop seems to overwrite if you got gold in levels sometimes. It's told me I don't have gold for levels I know I did multiple times.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Do trophies auto-pop if you transfer a PS4 save over to PS5?

I'm really tempted to get this, especially since my niece and nephew will be staying with me over the summer and it seems like a great game I could play with them. If I can start on PS4 (where I have three controllers) and then move everything over to my PS5 once they go home then that'd probably be enough to convince me to buy it.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
can anyone recommend this for a solo adult play through? I don't particular care if it's not challenging as long as it's charming and the mechanics are fun. I really just want to get another ps5 game, and i'm scared of demons souls

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
can anyone recommend this for a solo adult play through? I don't particular care if it's not challenging as long as it's charming and the mechanics are fun. I really just want to get another ps5 game, and i'm scared of demons souls
Yep! This game is absolutely great. It's better with friends, but I played 90% of it by myself.

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
The game is great music is fantastic the only thing to fear is The Ripsnorter this is the map that really will test you.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know this was out already, good to know. Now to hopefully find online people to play it with. Only played a little of the game but it's super charming and fun.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
i'm glad it's not excruciatingly difficult.

200.gif

Some of those later levels are complete BS, but they're manageable.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have the floaty jumping physics like the LBP games?

What I heard about the game sounded interesting, but I absolutely hated the floatyness of the LBP games.