• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Featured-Image.jpg

Online play comes to Sackboy: A Big Adventure today as part of a new title update.* And with it a new opportunity to experience the chaotic, slapstick multiplayer fun of Sackboy's latest escapade.

Our goal from day one of this project was to give players an excellent single-player platforming experience. But… we wanted that experience to be even better when you shared it with your mates.

Teamwork levels

You can play through Sackboy's whole adventure from start to finish with up to three companions. And we have included a set of ten dedicated Teamwork Levels where you and your friends will have to work together if you want to succeed. There are two Teamwork Levels in each of the five main game worlds. In these exclusive multiplayer stages, you and your team will need to collaborate, coordinate and communicate to reach your goal. And you should expect that at some point it will go completely pear-shaped, often with hilarious consequences.

PS4/PS5 Cross-Play
This game is awesome fun in multiplayer and we wanted to make sure that as many people as possible get the opportunity to enjoy it with their friends. So we have included support for PS4/PS5 Cross-Play.

PS4 to PS5 save transfer
This new update isn't just about online multiplayer, we have also included an option to transfer your PS4 adventure progress over to PS5. To do this, simply load Sackboy: A Big Adventure on PS4, select Extras in the pause menu and follow the instructions.

I hope this post has given you a good idea of the multiplayer shenanigans you can look forward to when you take Sackboy online. We're going to continue to support the game with future updates making tweaks and improvements to give you the best possible gameplay experience.

blog.playstation.com

Sackboy: A Big Adventure update adds online multiplayer today

Stitch together plans with friends, because today’s the day for online play.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
How are folks liking this game? I didn't think it was for me, but I thought the same about Astro Bot and ended up loving Astro's Playroom. Kinda interested in this game now too.

Edit: Thanks very much for the solid feedback, everyone.

Last edited:

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
How are folks liking this game? I didn't think it was for me, but I thought the same about Astro Bot and ended up loving Astro's Playroom. Kinda interested in this game now too.
I kinda wrote it off at first, but I picked it up so I could play with my daughter and I fell in love with it. It's an absolute gem of a game. The voice acting is fun, the characters are likeable, and the soundtrack is absolutely amazing.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Loved it personally. Not as creative as Astro Bot but a very solid and meaty platformer. Heard co-op was a ton of fun too although I haven't tried it myself.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I am loving it. My most played launch game so far. It's a blast to play with my wife. Platforming is solid and the music is fun and adds to the experience. Four player mode should add another level of mayhem.

FlashFlooder

Oct 30, 2017
Went in with very low expectations, mostly as a game to play with my 5 and 7 year olds (side note, I really wish local multiplayer would make a comeback), due to the fact that I never really enjoyed LBP games despite trying my hardest.

Game is super fun. Not perfect by any means, but held my interest the entire time and had some pretty clever moments.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

My wife and I love it. Looks gorgeous, feels great to play, creative levels, fantastic soundtrack, top-notch voice acting, etc.

And like Mario games, you can choose to make the game more challenging by trying to collect everything, or you can just mainline the levels.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Played through this game with my 5 and 7 year olds and they absolutely adored it. I would highly, HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone who is somewhat interested in a good couch co-op game to play with kids, friends, or whomever is into fun platformers. It also scratches that collectibles itch :)

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Can anyone clarify if there's matchmaking of some sort with this? I don't really have any PSN friends that play this but would love to try the co-op levels.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Yay I was waiting for this so I could play with my buds online.

Any clue about mixing up local co-op with online. For example, my wife and I locally and then my friend and his wife online?

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
I believe this game doesn't have PS5 free upgrade, correct? If I buy the PS4 version now, I will have to buy again for PS5, correct? It's the reason why I haven't bought it yet. Waiting to grab a PS5 one day...

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yessss. Wish it had true cross-save though.

I believe this game doesn't have PS5 free upgrade, correct? If I buy the PS4 version now, I will have to buy again for PS5, correct? It's the reason why I haven't bought it yet. Waiting to grab a PS5 one day...
Yep, it has the free upgrade. So, buy away.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
....I didn't know cross play was a thing. I could have saved money on my wife's Xmas present lmao

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't seem to see in that blog post if you can mix couch and online MP in the same session, anybody know?

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019

Edit: Thanks very much for the solid feedback, everyone.
it is great tbh for a first attempt its a knock out of the park. I think the bosses are the only weak part but the rest is so good it makes up for it.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Save transfers?? Doesnt that "just work" with cloud saves on ps5??

still waiting on my ps5...

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Highly, highly, highly recommend this game. It's pure fun! I played 98% solo. Good challenge in the end especially when 100%'ing it.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Can you play the PS4 version in co-op with both a Dualsense and DS4 on a PS5?

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
I kinda wrote it off at first, but I picked it up so I could play with my daughter and I fell in love with it. It's an absolute gem of a game. The voice acting is fun, the characters are likeable, and the soundtrack is absolutely amazing.

I am glad you are enjoying it - I picked it up for my daughter for XMAS. Nice to hear it a blast.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Continued support huh? I mean it does sound like it'll just be minor things but i'll take some DLC

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I should really pick this game up pretty soon. Just waiting for a little price drop. The kids would absolutely love it.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Save transfers?? Doesnt that "just work" with cloud saves on ps5??

still waiting on my ps5...
No - cloud saves only work on the exact same game. You can retrieve your Sackboy PS4 save to play Sackboy PS4 on your PS5, but if you want to play with it on Sackboy PS5 you need to do the transfer process. PS5 native versions are always different games from the PS4 counterparts.