• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
blog.playstation.com

Embark on an epic 3D platform journey in Sackboy: A Big Adventure, coming to PS5

A new look at gameplay and details on deluxe and special editions.
It's almost time! Sackboy will make his long-awaited return to PlayStation alongside the launch of the PS5 this November. I'll be honest… the prospect of the game finally being released is a little bit scary…but also incredibly exciting!
When we kicked off this project our goal was simple: to give players an amazing, 3D, co-op adventure. The video below gives some insight into how we went about that, starting with Sackboy's controls, crafting the worlds he explores, designing gameplay with loads of variety and layering on top anarchic, slapstick co-op multiplayer*.

50383508192_2e343334cc_k.jpg

50383508817_89807cab97_h.jpg

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Posted by N0body

Psblog post

It's almost time! Sackboy will make his long-awaited return to PlayStation alongside the launch of the PS5 this November. I'll be honest… the prospect of the game finally being released is a little bit scary…but also incredibly exciting!

We have been making this game for a looooong time and even now just a few weeks from launch we're STILL tinkering, making the final tweaks and applying the finishing touches.

I've been so lucky to be part of this incredibly talented team who have a genuine passion for Sackboy. Each one of us has put so much into making this game and we are incredibly proud of what we've achieved. We hope that shines through when you play the game at home!

When we kicked off this project our goal was simple: to give players an amazing, 3D, co-op adventure. The video above gives some insight into how we went about that, starting with Sackboy's controls, crafting the worlds he explores, designing gameplay with loads of variety and layering on top anarchic, slapstick co-op multiplayer*.

We wanted every level in the game to feel unique and to continually surprise you with what comes next. In one stage you'll be careening through a mountain pass on a runaway train, the next exploring a forgotten temple or facing off against a hostile baddie. We've mixed up the gameplay with a bunch of new power ups – including one which at one point quite literally turns the world on its head! And the game has an UN-BEL-IEV-ABLE soundtrack – there are moments where the music is sure to bring a smile to your face.

As you'll know if you have played a Sackboy game before he is a BIG fan of fancy dress. There are more than 60 costumes to discover and you can easily mix and match pieces from different costumes to create your very own custom Sackboy. But we haven't stopped there, we have also created a full emote system so you and your friends can hug, chest bump, dance and play air guitar together.

On the subject of co-op, this game is undoubtedly great in single player, but….. throw some friends into the mix and it's an absolute blast with so many laugh-out-loud moments and plenty of fun griefing opportunities!

Right, that's enough of me waxing lyrical about the game.

Now I'd like to give you a sneak peek at our Digital Deluxe Edition, available on both PS4 and PS5, and the limited Special Edition only on PS4, both of which include some frankly delightful content to accompany the game
blog.playstation.com

Embark on an epic 3D platform journey in Sackboy: A Big Adventure, coming to PS5

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The game really looks quite good, but I'll need to wait to see how much content is there to justify the full price cost.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This game looks great tbh. Sackboy looks fun as hell to control.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This looks quite good honestly.

Also cheaper than the Bleeding Edge with cars game.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
blog.playstation.com

Thanks. I noticed it after I posted :)

the limited Special Edition only on PS4
Ah shit, fuck sake. They had to make this platform exclusive, didn't they?

Edit: I know about the free upgrade but I'd prefer to have all those goodies and a PS5 Blu-ray disc, instead of the PS4.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my tier 2 - Spiderman and Demons souls and possibly Dirt 5 are more likely my launch titles but this is next on the list if I feel tempted for more shiny.

Chris87

Apr 22, 2018
I have this one preordered along with Spider-Man . Looking forward to the local co-op in particular.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Why the fuck didnt All Stars get video as well? I swear this PlayStation communication and messaging is one big circus.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Doing away with the creation stuff actually makes me more excited for this.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless I missed it, how would we go about pre ordering and getting the pre order bonuses, if we are getting the ps5 version?

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
60fps was all I needed to see. Sackboy and Crash 4 are gonna satisfy my platforming itch for awhile.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'll eat my hat if this isn't better than LBP3. There's lots of new footage in that video and it looks great.

Just worried about what the price is going to be like for it in the UK. I don't expect it to be extortionate like Demon's Souls (£70!) but it probably won't be much better. It'll be hard to wait for a discount, especially if it ends up reviewing well.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit surprised that the marketing images up there feature the PS4 physical editions, instead of the PS5 ones...

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020