• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Day 1 along with Miles Morales. It got me to purchase a second dual sense for launch day. The fiancé and I will enjoy this. LBP3 was one of her favorite games 👌

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
giphy.gif

Not only does it look really fun to play, but it's surprisingly good looking as well. You can tell there's a lot of love and craft put into those environments.

Man, I really hope this is good. And by good I mean it scratches that itch for someone like me who loved LBP 1 + 2.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Why does Sony advertise this game on PS5 only? Not cool... It looks great btw I loved LBP but the graphics look really underwhelming even with considering the artstyle.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This looks amazing, I just love the vibe and energy that the LBP universe gives off and this has it in spades.

When I was in college I remember feeling burnt out and Playstation came campus and showed a LBP trailer as one of their upcoming games and something in me just couldn't help but be in love with that world and style of game that was all joy and discovery. It really pushed me to work more things and apply to Playstation. I was super sad to not see anything come out of the franchise since LBP3 though.

This is everything I loved about the style and world, and as a launch title too. Hell yeah.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
This looks amazing, I just love the vibe and energy that the LBP universe gives off and this has it in spades.

When I was in college I remember feeling burnt out and Playstation came campus and showed a LBP trailer as one of their upcoming games and something in me just couldn't help but be in love with that world and style of game that was all joy and discovery. It really pushed me to work more things and apply to Playstation. I was super sad to not see anything come out of the franchise since LBP3 though.

This is everything I loved about the style and world, and as a launch title too. Hell yeah.
wow, this is awesome. hopefully you've gotten the chance to tell this to Mark Healey or Alex Evans, I'm sure it would mean a lot

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
There are staples of games I love at launch, and a good platformer is one, and this game every single time I see it looks better and better. Absolutely cannot wait to play this.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Not only does it look really fun to play, but it's surprisingly good looking as well. You can tell there's a lot of love and craft put into those environments.

Man, I really hope this is good. And by good I mean it scratches that itch for someone like me who loved LBP 1 + 2.

Yea, the more I see of it, the more interested in getting.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They're not allowed to be full prize because they're platformers or what? Ugh I hate this. Crash 4 is packed with content, the prize is completely fair.
Annoying that platformers are inherently worth less to people unless they have Mario on the cover. Sackboy looks like a great 3D platformer with good graphics and a substantial amount of content, as does Crash 4, and can easily justify full price.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Annoying that platformers are inherently worth less to people unless they have Mario on the cover. Sackboy looks like a great 3D platformer with good graphics and a substantial amount of content, as does Crash 4, and can easily justify full price.
I fully agree with this. These games look jam packed with content. No need to treat them like some 2nd tier indie project.

Nov 8, 2017

That's awesome. LBP, changing lives for the better.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Probably Day 1 but want to check reviews. My God, such an expensive launch.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping this is a trilogy at the least and that it propels Sackboy to be a bigger PS mascot. He's just perfect

Wabba

Apr 12, 2018
Looks so good. Can't wait to play this with my girlfriend next month. Have they said anything about length?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Any word on a collector's edition I missed? I think that's the route I'll go if possible.

Edit: nevermind, found it

Last edited:

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping this is a trilogy at the least and that it propels Sackboy to be a bigger PS mascot. He's just perfect
Gonna be between him and Astro Bot. Kinda leaning towards Astro, but love me so Sackboy as well. I just wish that Sony would heavily push one or both of them. So much potential to be Sony's Mario.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on a collector's edition I missed? I think that's the route I'll go if possible.

Amazon.com: Sackboy: A Big Adventure Special Edition - PlayStation 4: Sony Interactive Entertai: Video Games

Amazon.com: Sackboy: A Big Adventure Special Edition - PlayStation 4: Sony Interactive Entertai: Video Games
Also on sale in other EU territories now. It took them long enough.

Sackboy A Big Adventure! Special Edition (PS4): Amazon.fr: Jeux vidéo

Achetez Sackboy A Big Adventure! Special Edition (PS4) : PC - Jeux vidéo : Amazon.fr ✓ Livraison gratuite possible dès 25€

Sackboy: A Big Adventure Special Edition - [PlayStation 4 inkl. kostenlosem Upgrade auf PS5]: Amazon.de: Games

Sackboy: A Big Adventure Special Edition - [PlayStation 4 inkl. kostenlosem Upgrade auf PS5]: Amazon.de: Games

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Looks good and right up my alley but I imagine it will be a while before I get to this, I might even wait until it eventually hits PS Plus

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
I was very lukewarm on this game when it was first revealed, but each time theu released new info, gotta say that it looks better and better.

Watching this also made me wish a puppeteer game was being made, but am glad we have the astro bot franchise at least.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Between this & Astro, platformer fans are well catered to for PS5 launch.

This went from 'Eh' to 'Day 1' for me over the last month with the new trailers & blog posts.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Always up for some Sumo Digital goodness. I'll have to pick this up down the line sometime.

The game is looking really good. It's cool to see them doing a different take on LPB. Have they discussed whether this has a level Editor like a traditional LBP game?

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
This looks like a blast, especially coop, $60 seems a little high though, will wait till it drops a bit

Raggen

Oct 7, 2019
Looks really good! Is this the same team that made Snake Pass? Loved that game, with something as rare a innovative control scheme.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
The more I see of this game the more I want it, but there is not way I would have much time to play it with all the games coming out this holiday.

I am exactly in this boat. It's looking better and better each time I see it. But it's not a day one with everything else landing in November.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So can we expect a new video for the game soon, now that Demon Souls and Miles Morales have put out videos in the last couple of days?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Wonderful. Hope we get reviews soon, but I can't see a world where I don't get this to play with my wife