• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck. That PushSquare review has me salivating...
The more I see and read about this the more I want to play it. Might even get this after DeS and MM before jumping into ACV...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
To be fair the XSX is also on fire.

XS5LK.gif

Nov 8, 2017
To answer my own question, yes you can share play just like you could with PS4 so if your friend has a PS5 and PS+ you can play co-op without needing to wait for the game to be patched.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
My go to holiday game. Gonna need to buy another controller too for some couch co op with wifey

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Not played enough to fully review it yet, but here's 15 minutes of gameplay - Really enjoying it so far!

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I do have my eye on this and glad to see this looking so good. I'll pick this up at somepoint when discounted.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the music I hear. I went from not caring about this because I'm tired of Sackboy after LBP3, but this quickly tickled my fancy. Is there any word of how integrated the DualSense's features are in the PS5 version? I could play this on PS4 now, but after hearing about how Astrobot makes use of the new controller, I may be willing to wait until I get a PS5.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
I'm loving the music I hear. I went from not caring about this because I'm tired of Sackboy after LBP3, but this quickly tickled my fancy. Is there any word of how integrated the DualSense's features are in the PS5 version? I could play this on PS4 now, but after hearing about how Astrobot makes use of the new controller, I may be willing to wait until I get a PS5.
Does it allow a PS5 upgrade with save transfer?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I've been psyched about this since it was announced and it looks like it could be amazing. This is one insanely good launch lineup for PS5. Even Bugsnax is reviewing incredibly well. I don't care about console wars because I always buy both, it's all about the games for me, and I'm about to be flush with great new games.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So glad that this is also on PS4, this probably would've pushed me to get a PS5 at launch if that was the only way I could play it.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've been drowning in quality platformers lately... Crash 4 and Astro are almost eating Sackboy's lunch.

Almost. I'm definitely grabbing this.

will need some planning but I assume Astro is relatively quick to finish then pop back a few times to tidy up collectibles. Same with bugsnax. With some DS/MM in between it should balance out well enough

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Glad to see it's getting some solid reviews. Sumo can be a bit hit or miss. 3D platformers are one of my favorite genres so I'm really hoping Sony invests in a sequel or two.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The biggest positive for Sackboy as a series is the level editor and they axed it for this one, which is wrong IMO.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that DS4 doesn't work on PS5 games is going to affect the sales of this game unfortunately. I'm would be very interested in the coop but can't really justify the cost of the controllers at launch. It would be a no-brainer if the controllers worked. Getting the PS4 copy just for that feels a bit limiting as well. Could do that though? PS5 for single player and PS4 for coop? Seems to weird.

Yeah you could. You can install both versions of a game on a PS5. Giant Bomb UI Quick Look showed Brad having Bugsnax PS4 and PS5 both installed.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that DS4 doesn't work on PS5 games is going to affect the sales of this game unfortunately. I'm would be very interested in the coop but can't really justify the cost of the controllers at launch. It would be a no-brainer if the controllers worked. Getting the PS4 copy just for that feels a bit limiting as well. Could do that though? PS5 for single player and PS4 for coop? Seems to weird.

Eh.. If people want to play coop in the PS5, just get another Dualsense and not miss a feature intended by the new controller.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
It's the third LBP game to not have a level editor iirc. That being said, I think that varies a lot by person? I've been playing through LBP Vita recently and have been having a great time with zero desire to level edit.
I'm really curious about this... what other LBP games don't have a level editor? Vita and Karting both had them, are you counting Tearaway? PSP had it too, but I don't remember if you could play other levels online or not.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
someone please post footage of the Toxic level if it isn't under embargo, I need to see it

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I think this looks like fun. Not $60 fun, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for it in the future (Or maybe even wait until it hits Plus).

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Pumped that the game appears to be pretty great! Bought two extra controllers so I could play this with my kids at launch.

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
i'm not buying ps5 at launch but this will be bought with my ps5. i love little big planet. <3