• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Does Zom Zom's stock refresh at set intervals? Or as you progress? I played a few levels tonight and enjoyed it for the most part (got frustrated at the rolling Yeti level or whatever but eventually beat it).

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Does Zom Zom's stock refresh at set intervals? Or as you progress? I played a few levels tonight and enjoyed it for the most part (got frustrated at the rolling Yeti level or whatever but eventually beat it).

I think his stock changes every time you go to a new area. You find the different costume parts for free in the levels.

I just got to the second world. I cannot believe the soundtrack. This brings such a smile to my face. Is it wrong that I'm playing more Sackboy than Demon's Souls?

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Mine arrived today, ordered it after good first impressions! I also had to order a second DS as my wife wants to play through it with me. Can't wait for Thursday!

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
I'm slowly playing this on PS4 and I'm having a blast but I'm kinda waiting for the PS5 to arrive so I can enjoy the fast load times lol

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know when the online patch is expected to drop? Really want to pick the game up but was planning to play online with two friends.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Do we know when the online patch is expected to drop? Really want to pick the game up but was planning to play online with two friends.
Funny how I know this, but they're aiming for before Christmas so quite literally end of year as they already stated.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
How long and varied is the new Sackboy gameplaywise?
I'm thinking about getting it alongside Miles Morales, Demon's Souls (and Astro's Playroom of course). But I've just noticed it has a € 70 pricetag.
So I'm a little bit on the fence, as it looks so charming & I'm generally really into platformers ...

BlakStatus

Oct 27, 2017
Could my 3 year old handle co-op with me or would it be too difficult? For context, he can beat some 2D Mario levels completely on his own.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Don't know if I want to drop $60 on this, $30-$40 is my sweet spot for this game. Will inevitably pick it up at some point though.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna pick this up as soon as Online Coop is a thing. Looks like it would be a fun time with friends.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
How long and varied is the new Sackboy gameplaywise?
I'm thinking about getting it alongside Miles Morales, Demon's Souls (and Astro's Playroom of course). But I've just noticed it has a € 70 pricetag.
So I'm a little bit on the fence, as it looks so charming & I'm generally really into platformers ...
Pretty long if you plan on trying to get golds EC, there are a ton of levels
How's the difficuly in this? I don't like platformers that don't offer some challenge
yeah I'd like to know this too. I played the first couple stages and they were very very very easy. Again,beginning of the game but it seemed yoshi levels of easy. Hope it picks up a bit.
Some levels are easier than others, if you are trying to beat levels without dying it's pretty tough. That's how I've been challenging myself also trying to collect certain items etc.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
My wife and I just finished the Uptown Funk level and LOVED IT. Are there more levels like this?

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, this was really poor planning by Sony.

How many people are going to buy this when you already have a free kids platformer built in (Astrobot), a free kids game on Plus (Bugsnacc), and a popular free kids platformer in the PSCollection (Crash Trilogy)

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They are not.
once you start the game on DS4 or connect one you get a notification message "PS5 games can't be played using the DualShock 4"
PXL_20201115_001711561.MP.jpg

Download the PS5 Remote Play app on your mobile phone, connect to your console, connect a PS4 controller to your mobile phone, set your phone to charge, play with PS4 controller on your TV.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can see the reflection of your costumes in Zom Zom's eyes. I was super impressed when I noticed that. Try spinning around and you can see!

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Game is really charming and fun, and I really enjoy that they've made the controls much less floaty. Never liked the LBP games because of the IMO terrible controls. This is much, much better. I feel like I'm falling off the stages a lot more here than say Mario 3D World, and Sackboy's shadow is non-existant in some levels for some reason. Level design is a bit hit or miss and I haven't really gotten to a challenging part yet but I'm enjoying it.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't think I was going to get this one but I love play formers and you guys have said a bunch of nice things. Once I get Astro all done I guess I will buy this.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
Saddens me this OT has not even hit the 200 post mark 😭

Hope it sells really well
I love platformers and LBP, but to me this seems like something that will be on PS+ or at least heavily discounted within a year. I'm tempted to pick it up, but I have too much in my backlog to warrant it. It's great to see positive impressions ITT, though.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I know you can't use DS4 for co-op on PS5, but can you use Dualsense for co-op on a PS4? I'm keeping my PS4 and would be happy to play co-op sessions there. It's cross buy so if I buy the game I'll have it on both platforms anyway.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest, this was really poor planning by Sony.

How many people are going to buy this when you already have a free kids platformer built in (Astrobot), a free kids game on Plus (Bugsnacc), and a popular free kids platformer in the PSCollection (Crash Trilogy)
Yeah, unfortunately it's getting lost in the shuffle. Probably should've released it next month when things calmed down a little, and folks would be looking for something else to keep the momentum going. Also would've been able to launch with online multiplayer.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Also, are PS4 controllers compatible with Sackboy on PS5?
Download the PS5 Remote Play app on your mobile phone, connect to your console, connect a PS4 controller to your mobile phone, set your phone to charge, play with PS4 controller on your TV.
So I know you can't use DS4 for co-op on PS5, but can you use Dualsense for co-op on a PS4? I'm keeping my PS4 and would be happy to play co-op sessions there. It's cross buy so if I buy the game I'll have it on both platforms anyway.
I think the easiest way to play this in co-op with a DS4 on PS5 is probably just playing the BC PS4 version. You can use the Dualsense on PS4 games and the DS4 controllers you already have.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Interstellar Junction. If Sackboy doesn't calm down he's going to ruin the Switch port of Super Mario 3D World for me.