• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who is America is a recent comedy show made by the creator of Ali G and Borat, Sacha Baron Cohen.

Cohen revealed his "Gio Moldonado" character filmed an interview with an Las Vegas hotel concierge that broached the subject of Harvey Weinstein's sexual assault cases. Cohen then pivoted toward "extreme comedy," implying his character had molested a young boy, though the concierge didn't react as anticipated.

"We thought that the guy would leave the room," recalled Cohen. "Instead, this concierge stays in the room and I go, 'listen, you've got to help me get rid of the problem.' And this guy starts advising Gio how to get rid of this issue. Cohen went on to explain how the concierge offered to connect him with a lawyer to silence the boy, but that wasn't the end of it.

His character next inquired if the concierge could fetch him a "date" with a boy "lower than Bar Mitzvah but older than eight," and the concierge reportedly replied "yeah, I can put you in touch with somebody who can get you some boys like that."

The stunt was considered "too dark and wrong" for even Who Is America, and Cohen's team subsequently sent their footage to the F.B.I. to investigate. According to Cohen, the bureau evidently decided not to pursue the matter, though the actor noted "This concierge had said that he'd worked for politicians and various billionaires."

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/12/sacha-baron-cohen-vegas-pedophile-ring

WTF why wouldn't the FBI investigate?

OP
OP
Zelda

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those unfamiliar with the show here are some segments of Cohen as Gio Moldonado.

Status
Not open for further replies.