• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I won't post Skill Up's review but he was very effusive about the game, really excited to check it out this weekend.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It's really cool seeing all these indie games coming out and delivering the goods. So much great stuff to catch up on

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
I just purchased a Series X last week and I can't believe how many amazing games I have to catch up on with Game Pass. That said, this is going to the top of my list. As someone who still tears up when I hear the music from Journey, this is right on point to hit those feelings again. The Japanese Breakfast performance of Gliding had me covered in goosebumps during that ONL presentation. Super excited to see the positive reception so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a word on the length?

Took me more than 15 hours to finish it, but you can finish it in less than 5 hours. Maybe even less. You end your "gliding", which is the journey of Sable, at any moment you want to after a certain event happens. It's up to you if you want to keep exploring the world, discovering new things, etc.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The way the open world is set up from reviews sounds awesome. Just go on your way and discover places, people, and quests. No main objective marker. No bread crumbs. The open ended nature is kind of rare amongst the railroading in many open world games.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
my gamepass pc app doesn't have an install button for Sable, just buy. weird. anyone else?

Yeah, mine took a while to get there, but it eventually showed up after a few refreshes. Downloading now. The new Subnautica seems to be the same thing, and there still isn't an install button for me on that one yet. Servers must still be updating.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Performance on SX seems to stutter once in a while.
Also the character animation feels off.

Jumping seems way off too.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
They really, really should have just gotten rid of the whole low framerate animations idea, and just made everything smooth. I hope they add some sort of option for smooth animations.

Aside from that, game is absolutely beautiful.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting constant stutter on my 3070. I tried external limiters, all the frame settings in game, external vysnc, all detail levels
Nothing gets rid of them. Every 2-3 seconds my framerate spikes, even when standing still and rotating the camera.

This is awful.

May 25, 2019
London
I feel like either this game is broken on PC Game Pass, or I'm missing something. I can't adjust any settings in game, I can't get out of the pause menu once I'm in it.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
These stutters on PC are incredibly bad. Some of them drop the frame rate down to like 38 and they happen constantly.

Ugh. And knowing Gamepass they'll probably fix the version on the other storefronts immediately but it will take three weeks for the patch to finally make it through MS cert for the Gamepass version

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like either this game is broken on PC Game Pass, or I'm missing something. I can't adjust any settings in game, I can't get out of the pause menu once I'm in it.

Same here. Becomes completely unplayable. First GamePass game I've had issues with and was really looking forward to it. I think I will wait for the bugs to get ironed out. Luckily Subnautica Below Zero is up and I haven't played that yet.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Same here. Also can't get my gamepad to work (DS), even with DS4 windows. Working fine in every other game, including other gamepass games.

I know reviews were reporting the game as buggy, but wow

Also the default camera sensitivity with the mouse is unplayable, and I can't change anything or use gamepad so...

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Same here. Also can't get my gamepad to work (DS), even with DS4 windows. Working fine in every other game, including other gamepass games.

I know reviews were reporting the game as buggy, but wow
I had trouble with DS4Windows at first as well. I turned off the controller and turned it back on while in game, clicked with my mouse once and the game finally recognized my controller. Very strange.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
So I restarted the game after starting a new game, and now the settings menu works? I guess you have to actually have a save file in order to access the settings menu, or it was just a bug? Idk

I had trouble with DS4Windows at first as well. I turned off the controller and turned it back on while in game, clicked with my mouse once and the game finally recognized my controller. Very strange.
I'll give that a try, thanks

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox series X- game is hitching/stuttering quite a bit (not related to the animation frames)…

Edit: yeah game is almost unplayable with the hitching and stuttering. what a bummer- I can't believe this was approved for release…

Last edited:

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hoo boy this game pass PC version is really rough right now

JetBlackPanda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Pc gamepass version is REALLY bad currently. I loved what I played but its a technical mess.

Menus black in and out, I cant seem to set it to fullscreen.. damn.

Glad I have a Series X.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox series X- game is hitching/stuttering quite a bit (not related to the animation frames)…

Edit: yeah game is almost unplayable with the hitching and stuttering. what a bummer- I can't believe this was approved for release…
Thats a real bummer to hear…the demo was kinda rough too but I figured it was an early build.

Probably won't even bother downloading it now.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Developers really need to finish their games instead of shipping in whatever state it is in at some arbitrary release date. Publishers just need delay the damn games if they are going to release them in this embarrassing state.

This is like the sixth or seventh major game in a row I've played in the past two months with terrible stuttering issues at release.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
the stuttering and pop-in are pretty noticeable on series x but to be honest if its this bad on release i dont think its getting fixed any time soon. that being said im really enjoying it so far.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
How's performance on XGP PC? I've seen reports of stuttering from people with a 3080 so I doubt it will run better on my computer.

EDIT: Yeah, it seems the game is broken.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how the Steam version will run in comparison.

Not guaranteed to be any different, of course, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's of any comfort, i finished the Steam version and it has a ton of performance issues as well. It's not exclusive to the Game Pass version. It did have a patch and it got better, but it still hitches a lot. A ton of framerate drops. Must be better than the Game Pass version, though.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Alright after a little more than an hour, I'm in to the game but man I REALLY don't understand this animation stuff. Some animations are at 24 fps, and others are at 60 fps, seemingly random? It makes it feel like the game is not complete, like they still need to add in the final animations. Really off-putting.

How's performance on XGP PC? I've seen reports of stuttering from people with a 3080 so I doubt it will run better on my computer.

EDIT: Yeah, it seems the game is broken.
It's running perfectly fine for me at 1080p 60fps on a 1060, at least in the first hour or so. The only real problem I still have is I can't get my controller to work.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I'm playing on Series S and there's too much stutters, can't play it like this. I loved the demo but it's too much, I hope the devs fix it with a patch.

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
So many bugs in the PC version, even in the menus. All I see in the settings are the arrows, text does not appear... Also the performance is incredibly bad (have the new Ryzen and 3080 GPU).

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I have had zero stutter issues with the PC GP version (3060ti and Ryzen 7 3800). Sad to hear so many have issues.

I am only a little bit out of the tutorial area, but so far my only criticism is that this game should absolutely not have a day/night cycle. It looks 1000000x better during the day.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I played past the title reveal and during the "epic song" part where you are gliding through the desert it was stuttering so much it was comical. Way to ruin that moment.

Shut it off, not playing this .

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Jesus, I like to think I'm not too bothered by performance issues in most cases but this game runs like it's being held together by duct tape. I'm playing on Series S and the super noticeable stuttering every three seconds completely ruins the experience, not to mention the random things in the environment just glitching out or popping in constantly.

Why release it now if it runs like this? It's a complete disservice to a game that's being sold mainly on the way it looks.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the bugs are going to make me hold off so I don't ruin the experience. Hopefully they can get some fixes out soon

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the bugs are going to make me hold off so I don't ruin the experience. Hopefully they can get some fixes out soon

I wouldn't count on "soon" for the Gamepass version given how long it took Psychonauts 2 (three weeks after submission of patch to certification), The Ascent (four weeks total until fixed) and Myst (patch still hasn't released four weeks after it was submitted to certification)

Of course the Steam and Epic versions of those games were all fixed immediately.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, plenty to play in the meantime even if it does take a month, but hopefully they can speed up the process a bit being as it seems fairly severe this time around

JetBlackPanda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
My first hour or so was a total mess technically, rerurned after dinner and its running fine. Now im scared.