• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Gaming Bolt has an interview with the team, they're posting small snippets from it as separate articles and these are the two most salient points I've seen.

but is there a chance that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 eventually releases for PS5 as well? ....

.... "No plans for now," the developer said. "We negotiated the possibilities with Microsoft and saw several good opportunities for the brand — including Game Pass."

We recently spoke with GSC Game World's PR manager Zakhar Bocharov about the shooter, and when asked if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 isn't launching on last-gen consoles because the developers didn't want to be limited by their hardware, he said: "Exactly. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is a next-gen game, and it's impossible to run it on Xbox One or PS4."

Meanwhile, Bocharov also re-iterated that the game will run in 4K on Xbox Series X, and will support HDR on both Series X and Series S. It's been previously also confirmed that it will support ray-tracing and 120 FPS performance on Xbox Series X- though how the game is going to prioritize all of that across multiple visual modes remains to be seen.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Means it will come to PS5 in a few months like every other game with these kind of contracts.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
"No plans for now" meaning it's coming to PS5 eventually. If it wasn't, he'd have said so.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Platform Warring
This game is not directly published by Microsoft so it's exclusivity doesn't matter, therefore not important.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
No Plans for now means that there are no plans to launch the game on day 1 on PS5. There are plans however generally speaking for down the line.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
after Metro Exodus, ray traced GI with no raster lights should be on the table

that probably won't happen unfortunately, but I hope for some good RT lighting

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
but is there a chance that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 eventually releases for PS5 as well? ....

.... "No plans for now," the developer said. "We negotiated the possibilities with Microsoft and saw several good opportunities for the brand — including Game Pass."

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but this kinda sounds like some sort of time exclusivity deal. Bleh.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Glad to see a Xbox exclusive game not commit to cross gen.

Xbox has been doing a lot of good shit lately but saying they want all games to be cross gen for the first couple years was stupid. It really doesn't make me feel like I need a Series X any time soon.

OP
OP
chandoog

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Xbox has been doing a lot of good shit lately but saying they want all games to be cross gen for the first couple years was stupid. It really doesn't make me feel like I need a Series X any time soon.

The only console exclusive Series S|X have had so far (The Medium) was also next-gen only. I have a feeling many of the announced projects will become next-gen only as they get closer to their release. They made the "every game will be on every generation" announcement way too early and prematurely, possibly even just to curry favor.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Makes sense, Game Pass works too well for Stalker, it's roots are a niche PC exclusive game, i bet a good chunk of era didn't even know about the franchise until recently.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
If MS is not involved, it would be foolish to skip PS5 which will have 10M+ sales by then.

If games don't come to PS5 it's likely due to deals with MS which is fine but not making a PS5 (or PS4 if it's possible) it's kinda leaving money on the table.

In any case Stalker has been mainly a PC franchise, I think those fans will likely stick to the PC version if they really care. (or xbox I suppose since it's becoming more and more the same)

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Stalker is one of these games where everytime someone mentions it, I feel an urge to reinstall it with some mods and play through again.

Still unrivaled in terms of ambiance and open world.

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Wait... 120fps 4k? So it could definitely run on last gen. Systems at 30fps.

I call bullshit though, cause it's still in full development and optimisation is in its final stages.

Sidenote, what's with this old-school bullshit marketing tactics from eastern bloc developers lately (Cyberpunk 2077, Dying light 2).

It used to be (in the 00's) that they just showed dev build running on actual hardware, jank and all (more then western devs).

Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to the eventual PS5 release. I'm fine with it being a kind of exclusive as it's not like I will be without other great games to play.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

whatyearisthis.jpg
I thought this argument died a natural death in 2020 after MS announced several projects that were next gen only, eg Forza.
Flight SIM comes out in the next few months, and is next gen only. Get with the times!

Wait... 120fps 4k? So it could definitely run on last gen. Systems at 30fps.

Nowhere does it say 4k and 120fps in the same mode.

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
whatyearisthis.jpg
I thought this argument died a natural death in 2020 after MS announced several projects that were next gen only, eg Forza.
Flight SIM comes out in the next few months, and is next gen only. Get with the times!

Nowhere does it say 4k and 120fps in the same mode.
True, but even only the 120fps option is suspicious.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Pretty safe bet to expect this game to come to PS5.
The only chance this doesn't happen is if GSC Game World is acquired by Microsoft before they start making the port for the PlayStation console.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Someone is desperately trying to moneyhat their way to the top.

Lol

Interesting choices with all those modes. 120 FPS/Raytracing and possibly dynamic 4k/60 FPS? I really hope the game will be good. STALKER is just epic and the atmosphere from the first game is basically unmatched. Hopefully part 2 comes close to that.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Its gonna run like shit whatever its on

If it ever even comes out

Oct 20, 2018
Many people may not enjoy when a game comes out later on the console they own, but I enjoy it. They usually have the dlc packaged with the main game for the same price or a little lower