• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally I'll be able to put Switch on my TV, the handheld is looks bad in my LG OLED in 2020. Hopefully they can release it soon

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I need more screeeeennns. The age of Switch 4k screens is going to be glorious. Some of those games will scale soooo good.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Astral Chain with some degree of anti aliasing sure is something, my switch screenshots of the game look absolutely disgusting due to all those jaggies.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The clarity.

I want all the "resolution doesn't matter" people to come in here and apologize to me personally.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Xeno DE and Astral Chain like this is the dream...

That Melia screen is gorgeous

A switch Pro can't come soon enough.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll say it until it happens, Nintendo games desperately need Anti Aliasing like.. yesterday.
it's tragic their magnificent art style gets ruined by jaggies.

While I agree about AA and resolution in general Nintendo should be commended for targeting and hitting a stable 60fps in a lot of their games when competitors are mostly targeting 30fps with GPU's between 10-15x the power of the Switch GPU.

This is really exciting for emulation. Thanks for posting OP!

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
God we really need a Switch pro asap. Those shots look so gorgeous and clean.

I really want to see what Fire Emblem looks like, the game suffered so much from poop aliasing.

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
While I agree about AA and resolution in general Nintendo should be commended for targeting and hitting a stable 60fps in a lot of their games when competitors are mostly targeting 30fps with GPU's between 10-15x the power of the Switch GPU.

This is really exciting for emulation. Thanks for posting OP!
Oh, yeah, definitely.
A high framerate always should be their top priority no matter what.
I'm just saying their games would benefit massively if they started using AA and make it standard to improve the IQ.

Luigi's Mansion 3 does use AA and that game basically looks like an animated film.

Hopefully their next gen system is powerful enough to implement AA without compromising resolution and/or framerate.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, yeah, definitely.
A high framerate always should be their top priority no matter what.
I'm just saying their games would benefit massively if they started using AA and make it standard to improve the IQ.

Luigi's Mansion 3 does use AA and that game basically looks like an animated film.

Hopefully their next gen system is powerful enough to implement AA without compromising resolution and/or framerate.

Yeah tell me about it. I've been waiting for a Switch Pro for a long time just to get most games to 720p portable and 1080p docked lol.

LM3 is a stunning looking game. I'd genuinely put it up there with any game visually this gen because of how well it delivers on it's chosen art direction. One of the cleanest Switch games when docked too.

Nintendo games definitely scale really well with resolution. GameCube and Wii games just as well as WiiU and Switch games imo. Their art shines at 1080p and above. BotW is wondrous looking at 4k on PC.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been giving this a try with some of my Switch backups, and holy shit, the results are amazing.

Ryujinx has overtaken Yuzu for me, for now. This is the killer feature I've been waiting for. Finally seeing these games free of the Switch's garbage hardware and running at modern resolutions is a joy!

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This is impressive but it's disappointing that the people working on this and the people working on Yuzu aren't together. Part of the reason the Dolphin team was able to get so much work done so efficiently is that the team was compromised of originally separate groups from the Gamecube/Wii emulation scene iirc.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the emulator yesterday to try this, seeing Xenoblade Definitive Edition run at 4k is mighty impressive, especially compared to the actual Switch. But it still needs a ton of work to work smoothly. But this is extremely promising!

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
The emulation could use more improvement. Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion looks really flat. Some of the lighting is missing in both shots.