• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
The current host was mocapped and voiced a kyabakura woman in Kurohyo 2.
I guess we will see a remaster called The Yakuza Chapters: Black Panther 1&2

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I'm sure this would be a lot more interesting to me if I understood Japanese, but even I can see how much fun they are having with it. Hoping for some announcement soon!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Had to duck out for the last 30 minutes - no Sion Sono sightings lol? I kind of hold out hope of seeing him ever since that one random Yakuza stream he was in.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Remaster with higher res backgrounds (or a full 3D camera for city exploration) would be fine. Remakes would make me very weary. Kurohyou 1&2 "work" due to being on the PSP, they are pretty impressive technically - with a unique combat system and cutscenes that use an awesome animated comic book style. If those things are changed, the appeal of the games would be lessened for me (the combat especially).

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I lost all hopes for Judge Eyes 2 when I saw that timeline missing Judge Eyes (which make sense since it's Yakuza timeline lol)

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be great.
Remaster with higher res backgrounds (or a full 3D camera for city exploration) would be fine. Remakes would make me very weary. Kurohyou 1&2 "work" due to being on the PSP, they are pretty impressive technically - with a unique combat system and cutscenes that use an awesome animated comic book style. If those things are changed, the appeal of the games would be lessened for me (the combat especially).
At the very least I want the original versions in english. They are really unique in the series so it would be great to finally play them in English.

If they decide to remake them and replace the combat I would be really sad. If they give us the original versions but decide to remake it anyway then whatever, it is fine. Just give us the original games first.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Nagoshi says 5 was really the limit and they really put in all their effort making it the best title yet. They didn't think anything about what to do next.
(Myself have only played 1HD, 3, 4, 5 and Kenzan. I really thought 5 was crazy in content. I need to play 2 Kiwami, Zero, 6 and Judgement and Ishin).

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
Nagoshi says 5 was really the limit and they really put in all their effort making it the best title yet. They didn't think anything about what to do next.
(Myself have only played 1HD, 3, 4, 5 and Kenzan. I really thought 5 was crazy in content. I need to play 2 Kiwami, Zero, 6 and Judgement and Ishin).

5 has an extreme amount of content. That's why I love it so much. Completed the story in 120 hours and only had like 40% completion, lol.

DiresuDR

May 31, 2020
Japan
I thought Judge Eyes sold quite badly,until they announced that they were removing that actor and the physical copies got snapped up.

I'm open to correction on that.I just remember reading that somewhere.

From Wikipedia:
" January 13, 2019, Famitsu revised its sales figures to 310,000 copies.Producer Daisuke Sato said that Western sales of Judgment had exceeded expectations. "

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
PS_ya.png

wtf is this photoshop?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
No idea what is happening but it seems fun. Would be nice to know what they're saying lol.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to yakuza 5, I feel the game could have been way better if they just trimmed the dialogue and stopped saying dreams so much.

I love the game otherwise but I wish so much of the dialogue didn't drag on and on. The side content are great though. It is worth playing for that alone. Shinada, Kiryu and even Saejima's activities were a blast.

DiresuDR

May 31, 2020
Japan
I really don't get Japan's fascination with cardboard cutouts instead of CG. I lived here like 5 years and still not used to it.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This is really all they need to do:
  1. Bring Kaoru back
  2. Localize Kenzan outside of JP market
  3. Direct sequels for RGG 7 and Judgment
  4. Make Kiryu the new Komaki if you have to bring him back

DiresuDR

May 31, 2020
Japan
They seem to be super analogue in various areas, while high-tech in other. I mean they way they still rely on fax machine... It's really weird.

Yea very much so. But this particular one just strikes me as odd. Like, it would be so much faster and cheaper to do this CG. It's like this for the news, variety shows, etc. too. Speaking of fax machines....had to fax something as recently as last week....lol

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Since Nagoshi isnt well versed in Jpn history Yokoyama felt the pressure to make Ishin more fictional fun and made a story about "what if Ryoma Sakamoto were part of the Shinsengumi". Nagoshi couldnt tell fiction from actual history.

Nagoshi also didn't know much sbout Fist of the North Star before making Hokuto no Gotoku.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Huh, I find interesting how Nagoshi's saying that he's clueless about history and he doesn't even understand why do we have to have history lessons in schools...lol I'm in the completely opposite direction actually.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
God I need to catch up on Yakuza so bad, but also don't wanna rush it. I only just started Haruka's chapter in 5 so I still have a ways to go but the possibility of a new game coming out just adds more to the plate haha

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Played Yakuza 5 earlier this year and I knew going in that people didn't really like the Shinada segment. I can see why in hindsight: it's not particularly relevant to the main plot, it's tucked away at the end which kind of kills the pacing and Shinada's combat is awful. However, I'll be damned if I didn't love him and his story. So heartwarming. Makes me sad that people hate on him so much.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God I need to catch up on Yakuza so bad, but also don't wanna rush it. I only just started Haruka's chapter in 5 so I still have a ways to go but the possibility of a new game coming out just adds more to the plate haha
You are almost there.

Yakuza 5 is by far the longest game in the series. Once you get over it you will be almost done with the series- Yakuza 6 is paced much faster. It is closer to Yakuza 1-3 in length.
Played Yakuza 5 earlier this year and I knew going in that people didn't really like the Shinada segment. I can see why in hindsight: it's not particularly relevant to the main plot, it's tucked away at the end which kind of kills the pacing and Shinada's combat is awful. However, I'll be damned if I didn't love him and his story. So heartwarming. Makes me sad that people hate on him so much.
I loved him too. His story was refreshing as it was pretty disconnected. His combat demands a lot to be fun though. That part is tedious as the game is long enough already.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France

He's a great, funny and goofy character, but he's completely useless within the story (I played it two years ago, so my memory may fail me).

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
From Wikipedia:
" January 13, 2019, Famitsu revised its sales figures to 310,000 copies.Producer Daisuke Sato said that Western sales of Judgment had exceeded expectations. "
Yeah I'm talking about Judge Eyes. The Japanese release. I assume they aren't at the point that they are focusing on western sakes when deciding what to work on.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Had to duck out for the last 30 minutes - no Sion Sono sightings lol? I kind of hold out hope of seeing him ever since that one random Yakuza stream he was in.
Opened the thread to say this. Still remember when that happened on a 2017 stream - people on the old place seemed to think it was Oshii.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Huh, I find interesting how Nagoshi's saying that he's clueless about history and he doesn't even understand why do we have to have history lessons in schools...lol I'm in the completely opposite direction actually.

I graduated with a degree in history. This kind of subject has a way of teaching us to learn from the mistakes of the past.
Also, much of history is about the really interesting points of otherwise boring topics.