• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Pikachu's model looks really good. Feel like we've stepped it up with CG in the last year or two, it's getting past a point where you go "Good CG" and actually have it look sort of real.

Ready2Rokk

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone actually watch the whole thing? Does anything remotely interesting happen? It was cute for a bit.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What gets me is the it legit actually starts off the beginning of the movie, and then it just... transitions to that. Amazing.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Dang. Ryan Reynolds is a treasure. Bet Danny Devito or whoever else people wanted as Detective Pikachu wouldn't be cheeky enough for this sort of social media hype.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching the entire thing. Light on plot, but man, can Pikachu dance.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it would probably be the same marketing team regardless of the actor?
Sure but a less likeable or unknown actor would not be leaned on as heavily. As a marketing exercise the pre release promotion of the movie has been unusual and WB is not just brute forcing it with lots of ads and tie ins, especially having to follow Avengers

They went to where their audience is with a lot of YouTube/Twitter and social media ads. Several of the trailers were tweeted out by Ryan instead of being dropped by the studio

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
InferiorUnripeFritillarybutterfly-size_restricted.gif

edit: here's without the black borders

PointedSameLeech-size_restricted.gif

Listening to live metal drumming on YouTube this totally goes along with it haha

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The guys behind the Sonic movie must feel really bad about their main character's looks right now.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is one of those movies that you have to see more than once before you can gauge whether it is good or not. Will report back after the second watch. Right now it is a 6/10. Too dancey.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must watch all of this and find any hidden messages or codes hidden throughout the video.