• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed in DC's solicitations. DC will be crossoving over the hit Rooster Teeth Series RWBY and the Justice League but it won't be the DC Universe's version of the Justice League that you know. Rather it will future an all new version of Superman,Batman and Wonder Woman who are residents of Remnant

"The DC Universe and the world of RWBY collide in this new miniseries! Discover the Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, and Diana Prince of Remnant as Team RWBY comes face-to-face with new versions of DC's paragons of justice," reads DC's solicitation for RWBY/Justice League #1. "A new Grimm is running rampant around the island of Patch, and Ruby and Yang must team up with a young farm boy to stop it! Meanwhile, Blake meets a mysterious woman who's appeared on Menagerie, but what is her purpose? And why does she act like she hasn't been around modern society?"

Marguerite Bennett, who wrote the 2019 RWBY limited series DC published, returns here - with artist Aneke working alongside her. Bennett's RWBY artist Mirka Andolfo has segued over to draw covers for the seven-issue event."

Cover:
qywcYyfCYXEH293tdGwif8.jpg

Art:
7zmiF9vJw2vjYYLPDBZicA-970-80.jpg.webp

TX5GXJrSVacJ9ugGexEeZB-970-80.jpg.webp

wJhNY6rMoKckpyRjJGBKwA-970-80.jpg.webp

jxdvPBiMSEVML5XmoUhKuB-970-80.jpg.webp

NHN3ToVgRSsycYsHX4jfFB-970-80.jpg.webp

f7uyoNKfZdYvBwAMtYaeFA-970-80.jpg.webp

Td2AfvsQmRqZmnA5XRV5aC-970-80.jpg.webp

Source:

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
What a bizarre crossover, but still impressive.

Shame Monty never got to see it. Crazy to see how big RWBY and RT in general have gotten.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, that's really cool this crossover is happening.

On the other hand, holy fuck these designs are shit.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Not all of these designs work but I think Batman, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman look the best.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I like some of those designs in as far as the world of RWBY is concerned. Bats as a faunus is pretty cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Monty wouldve loved this...

There is so much stuff that's happened with RWBY Monty would have been over the moon for.

Before Mike Ross and Gooteks fell the fuck apart, Monty was on an episode of the Mike Ross and Gootecks show promoting Volume 2 of RWBY. He was talking about how it was a dream of his to have a RWBY fighting game on the main stage of EVO.

Last year Cross Tag was on the main stage and the winning team was Ruby and Yang.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I was skeptical given the JL can curbstomp any Grimm thrown at them, but this is a fantastic idea.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
This might be the first I've ever heard of RWBY.

It appears that it's actually produced by WB Japan which makes the whole thing 'in house'.

Interesting.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Those designs are really great. Is that limited RWBY comic run structured and well-written, unlike the animated series?

Wonder Woman looks fierce as hell with that hair and outfit. So awesome.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Not a fan of Green Lantern, that outfit is very thrown together. At least she doesn't have a ridiculously small waist like Wonder Woman, despite wearing a corset. Bruce Wayne as a Faunus is an odd choice. Not some of Mirka Andolfo's best work, though I love that headshot of Wonder Woman.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that's amazing. To think these started from the group best known for doing funny Halo videos.
Not a fan of Green Lantern, that outfit is very thrown together. At least she doesn't have a ridiculously small waist like Wonder Woman, despite wearing a corset. Bruce Wayne as a Faunus is an odd choice. Not some of Mirka Andolfo's best work, though I love that headshot of Wonder Woman.
Probably wanted a Faunus on the team and Batman's the one with an animal in his name.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The designs are definitely hit or miss. It's bonkers that RWBY is actually getting this kind of crossover.

Shame the series itself is mostly trash, though. Like, yikes, such a waste of a good concept.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea RWBY was that big? I remember when it first launched and be like "Ehh this is okay, still feels very "Roosterteeth" in that's a little B-movie esque quality. And even after Monty Oum passed, it has still continued to this day and gotten huge?

Is it really that mega huge?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The designs are definitely hit or miss. It's bonkers that RWBY is actually getting this kind of crossover.

Shame the series itself is mostly trash, though. Like, yikes, such a waste of a good concept.
While it isn't a masterpiece by any means I also wouldn't call it trash either. In my opinion it's 'good'.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While it isn't a masterpiece by any means I also wouldn't call it trash either. In my opinion it's 'good'.
This. I feel like RWBY's one of those series hat's just developed such a hatedom that it's negative qualities are massively exaggerated.

Doesn't help you can't so much look the series up on YouTube without running into assholes making hour long essays on why it's crap and how Adam totally should been the hero.