• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to have to stack the courts. McConnell pretty much admitted years ago that their reasoning for holding up Garland was total bullshit. Republicans have been salivating over the prospect of this.

Last edited:

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. Pretty much just have to accept my life won't be shit. It'll probably be confirmed when Trump wins/cheats his way to victory in Nov.

Wish there was an easy way to get out of this shithole but it's impossible.

Should be a lot easier for him to cheat the results when he has a 6-3 Supreme Court to rubber stamp his dictatorship.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
RIP RBG, while these days are dark others will continue to carry your light.

This seems like a good take at this moment, in this thread.
Nah fuck that. I'm tired of all the old white people acting like republicans and the GOP can be reasoned with/letting their heads get so inflated that they fail to consider the needs and wants of marginalized communities in this country. What did she accomplish by staying under Trump? Nothing.

Obviously RIP, but this didn't have to happen and it's fair to point that out considering how fucked we are.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
So many decisions are going to be challenged/struck down now, I don't even know where to begin.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
This puts the prez election much more in play. A strong conservative reminds those on the fence what a Trump presidency means to them. It's a show of force to all conservatives and republicans that he's their guy. It just might save him in the end.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
RIP. She was such a fighter. We may be fucked but goddamn it I'm gonna go down swinging.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Secondly,

200.gif

So, you sat out of the 2016 election as a protest vote. How did that go for you?
Those people are villains, and are going to be remorseless. They'll do the same thing this year.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Can pretty much guarantee that Trump and the Republicans will rush to immediately replace her with someone else, all possible controversies be damned.

Sad end to her legacy honestly. She was a champion for everyone in America, and I just hope various friends of mine won't lose rights...

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, this was from a week ago:

President Trump has released an additional 20 names he would select from if any Supreme Court vacancies arise during his remaining time in office, including the president's rival-turned-Senate ally, Ted Cruz. The list also includes Sens. Tom Cotton and Josh Hawley as well as two former U.S. solicitors general.

www.npr.org

Trump Adds Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton To List Of Potential Supreme Court Picks

Trump on Wednesday released an additional 20 names he said he would select from if any Supreme Court vacancies arise during his remaining time in office.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

Guess we're gonna get a front row seat to democracy dying. Buckle up :(

EDIT: Also I understand emotions are high but maybe that mod message could be a little more professional. Already taken care of, I see.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
the republicans are not going to pass up a once in a generation opportunity to stack the courts lol

they filling that fucking seat

game over man

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

Fucking go out and vote. Your vote fucking matters, never let someone tell you otherwise.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
We can likely look back on this death in just a few weeks to see this was the catalyst that pushed this country into a full blown fascist state. Every major conservative that hated Trump now has one final reason to pinch their nose and vote for him, and that's on top of the election sabotage and coup we're going to see.

Moving forward, every social issue brought to the courts will be poised to stand against the public. Roe v. Wade is the least of our issues. Obamacare is being taken up a week after the election. What happens if they delay that until Ted Cruz is on the court?

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
RIP RGB.

I'm going to offer some optimism to the people in here.

The way Republicans pushed Kavanaugh through in 2018 was electorally bad for them during the midterms.

If McConnell does push someone through this time, not only would it make it harder for Republicans to retain control in the Senate, but would make it much easier to justify Biden packing the court next year.

So, even if Biden is most likely going to win, the Senate flipping is less likely to do so. So McConnell's play here is to wait and get a more moderate Biden appointment or rush someone through and then get two Biden appointments who will most likely be on the Court for decades.

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 month): Excessive hostility in a sensitive thread
I hope every single left-wing protest voter/abstainer chokes to death on sewage tonight.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Three things people shouldn't waste time/energy discussing here....

1. Whether there is enough time for a new appointment before January 20th.

There is.

2. Whether the GOP will respect her dying wish or show some class by gambling on appointing someone after relection.

They won't.

3. Whether Biden will stack the court.

He wont.
Basically