• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Literally shaking. RIP to a hero to so many, including myself. Genuinely terrified for who might replace her right now.

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am cautiously optimistic republicans won't force a nasty fight in the senate just weeks before the election after what they did with Obama's suggested Scalia replacement.

I mean they could and will probably try but it does not seem like a politically advantageous move this close to the election.

Of course if Republicans lose, Trump can force a SCJ down our throat anyway just before biden takes over via obscure laws(remember reading about this thing where POTUS can basically unilaterally force a judge on the supreme court while congress is not in session, or may be I am misremembering ?)

They're going to ram through a replacement to rubber stamp any litigation resulting from the election in Trump's favor. Probably someone like Coney Barrett that's so bad he or she will make people nostalgic for Kavanaugh.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
We are fucked. If trump goes to court over the election we are fucked. Every single progressive thing that could have happened is all gone now. For a generation.

This is going to galvanize republicans to come out and vote for Trump in droves.

We are fucked.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
roe-wade-cotton-600x296.jpg

One of Trump's potential judges. Fucking hell.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Rest in Peace to a great Lady,

What a trail-blazer Ruth Bader Ginsburg was.

America, you are truly up against it now.

Oct 27, 2017
You were in pain for so long but you always kept fighting to stick around just a little bit longer anyway. Thank you for everything you've done and rest in peace.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
User banned (1 month): Inflammatory drive-by post, inappropriately blaming RBG for the state of the nation in a thread about her death.
Sorry to hear she passed. But she was selfish and has possibly damned the country.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker.

I'm already having a bad fucking day, and it just keeps piling on.

RIP to RBG, but this is a terrible day for all of us.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can only do that with a 2/3rds majority in the Senate. Requires changing the law.
That is not true:
The answer is that under the Constitution, the number of Supreme Court Justices is not fixed, and Congress can change it by passing an act that is then signed by the President. Article III, Section 1, starts with a broad direction to Congress to establish the court system: "The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish."

Packing the Supreme Court explained - National Constitution Center

Senator Marco Rubio plans to propose a new constitutional amendment to permanently limit the Supreme Court to nine Justices. While Rubio faces a difficult task, the effort does raise some questions.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember, Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz for Supreme Court Justice. FUCUIKL; DSAFULIP;S KUKLFP;ADSLIJKUPJAFDSLHIJKU;FDSAHJKLU;