• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Welcome your new Justice Jeanine Pirro at this fucking rate. God fucking dammit this country is so goddamn screwed

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only option is to stack the courts. That's the only option.

AwkwardWizard

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK.

When Republicans start ramming a replacement through, we have to protest this (even though the Republican senators don't care)

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Completely devastating...

I hope all the assholes who didn't vote/voted third party in 2016 are fucking happy now. When Roie v Wade is overturned I don't want to see them crying over it.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RBG was such a warrior. Clearly she was in poor health these last few months (or even years?) yet she did everything she could to be on that court for as long as humanly possible.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason she didn't retire under Obama if she felt like that(going by her statement)?
I mean Trump wasn't president then. Hell by the time he was the likely republican nominee it would have been too late since the republicans would've just stopped any replacements until Trump was in office, just as they did when Scalia died

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
For those doubting that they will try..Do you think they will risk Biden winning and choosing his own instead?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this is just my own ignorance and not really being tuned into the details, but haven't the "super ultra conservative Trump SC nominees" voted not so terribly recently on issues?

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. The Senate will fast track the most conservative Justice they can into the position, and it will do everything possible (in conjunction with Trump's packed lower courts) to ensure Trump stays in power.

Screw over the Postal Service? Yep. Ninth Circuit put USPS fuckery on hold, but as soon as it gets to the Supreme Court, they'll fast track a ruling that throws the Ninth's ruling out. Nothing's going to be off the table - *nothing*.
Have you seen what happened because of the USPS fuckery? Massive early voting turnout. Fucking with the mail is not the easy slam dunk auto-win for Trump people seem to be portraying it as.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I have no faith in any of the Republicans who said in 2016 that you can't appoint a SCOTUS nominee in an election year.

It's gonna be super tight whether hearings can take place in time. I don't think it's feasible but McConnell is ruthless.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
5X4NwVT.jpg

She should've retired under Obama. Although she meant well hoping to serve, that degree of selfishness has put us in a horrible, horrible situation.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Fuck. I'm so sorry for her family and everyone who loved her. Such a giant to lose. Also, please please please vote for Biden. I can't stand the man, but fuck it Trump can't get another justice nom. Dems gotta stone wall the fuck outta this shit.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't trump put out a list of potential candidates a few days ago? I wonder if he knew something

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The same Senate that left Obama's nominee hanging for almost a year is going to warp speed WHATEVER right-wing Christian crusader that falls out of the sky for Trump in a matter of WEEKS.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
User banned (1 month): Thread derailment, multiple inflammatory posts in a sensitive thread.
RBG was such a warrior. Clearly she was in poor health these last few months (or even years?) yet she did everything she could to be on that court for as long as humanly possible.
You know what would have been better than an 87 year old cancer survivor being a "warrior" to stymie an absolute shitshow? Retiring when we had a democratic president and senate.