• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Stupid question: Is there anything anyone can do to stop Trump from putting in a new justice before the election? Filibustering? Stalling? Anything?

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump, Mitch, and the Republicans are going to undo everything she's ever fought for.

I fucking can't.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I am shaking and on the verge of tears. This is so sad for so many reasons. What a life she lived.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Fully expecting a nomination on Monday and start the process at the end of the month.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
It's time to expand the court. The future of the nation is more important than an arbitrary number of judges that is not in any way enshrined in the constitution. They stole a pick from us, we expand it by 3 seats. Maybe 6. Fuck'em.

Yup, who cares if Republicans do the same thing if they ever win the presidency. When Dems retake it, do the same, it seems instead of the Supreme Court being some great institution the republicans already fucked with it. So who cares if every 4 years shit changes, Rulings going forward will never go the way they should with all this fuckery.

RIP again, RBG.

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all about to see some time traveling, a lot of good things are going to be undone now.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Fuck this whole year man. RIP. Couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news. DIdn't wanna believe it.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as a second thought to the political ramifications of this, the Democrats should threaten to expand the Supreme Court if the Republicans force a nomination through before the election.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
And I was having such a good day too.

RIP to a true fighter.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Fuck 2020.

Every Rose Twitter and Sanders supporter has no excuse to sit out the election now. VOTE BIDEN.

RIP Justice Ginsberg

May 9, 2018
From back in 2019:

In 2016, he left a vacant Supreme Court seat open until after a Republican won the White House so that his party could fill it. In 2020, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is willing to do the opposite.

"Oh, we'd fill it," McConnell told supporters in Kentucky on Tuesday when asked what he would do if a Supreme Court justice died in 2020 while President Trump was still in office, as CNN reported.