• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, another legend gone.

RIP

Loved him in all his iconic roles, and even loved him on Channel Zero: Butcher's Block.

skrskg

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
After seeing The Hitcher way back when, I hoped that he would be cast as a Terminator in Judgment Day.

And Hannibal, in Silence of the Lambs.

Well, I wanted him in every movie. One of my favorite actors.

RIP.

hassler

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This is tragic... it was an honor to work on a project where he played the main role. He was such a nice person.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, 75 is so young in this day and age. Blade Runner wouldn't be the same without him.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Goddamn, RIP and fair travels

tenor.gif

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
My mom made me watch Floris when I was around six. Ended up loving it.

RIP to probably the greatest Dutch actor.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Whoa, legend. For an underrated and pretty much unseen movie with him that y'all should watch, check out Blood of Heroes aka Salute of the Juggers, it's about a combat sport in the lo-tech post-apocalyptic future...great little flick.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

This is him in a great scene from Soldaat van Oranje, a movie by Paul Verhoeven that doesn't seem to get much play outside the Netherlands that was more or less his breakout role here. (If you do watch, which I recommend, don't watch the dub)

(The context is him being undercover at a Nazi collaborator party, and running into a student friend that went to fight for the Nazis.)

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh no! One of my favourite actors growing up. He will be missed, condolences to the family.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
RIP.

I'll always remember him from Blade Runner and of course, my guilty pleasure movie, Split Second.
Split-Second-poster-1-310x456.jpg

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Aww dammit, just heard this on the radio while driving home. Hauer was one of our Dutch great actors and he will be missed greatly.
Rust in vrede Rutger.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
RIP.

I'll always remember him from Blade Runner and of course, my guilty pleasure movie, Split Second.
Split-Second-poster-1-310x456.jpg

There's something about those 80s / early 90's mid-budget, borderline b-movie, sci-fi action films, that is so amazing. You don't really get them any more. Even the font used on the poster screams what era the film is from.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "

RIP

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Blade Runner, The Hitcher, Blind Fury, Sin City, Observer, Wanted Dead or Alive, Batman Begins; seen him in countless things over the years. He was the best thing about Blade Runner, a tour de force performance. Great and influential character actor. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. RIP.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Aww one of my favorite 80s actors, loved him in Ladyhawke and obviously Blade Runner. My sister will be crushed; she had a major crush on him back then :(

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Loved him. RIP

I love one movie from him , in which he and another cop are fighitng a Venom like monster. Forgot the name of the movie since it that was years ago, guess time to make a serious investigation in...Wikipedia
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Split Second, very much a favourite of mine. It got a blu ray release in the UK and Germany, not sure about other places.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All those moments, will be lost in time, like... Tears in rain. Time to die.

:(

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Such a great actor :(, RIP.

Most recently seen him in the "Butcher's Block" season of Channel Zero, he was great in that.

One of his first films I saw him in was "Blind Fury," I loved that movie and still do.
tumblr_ovdbj0JPeL1u4mt3bo1_500.gif