• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
This is a reat interview where the Russo Brothers name their most iconic scenes/references in the MCU. There are some interesting choices. It almost seems like they are answering the question as if it was asked "What are the biggest MCU moments that impacted End Game". Despite having a spoiler list below, the great thing about the interview is not their choices, but the stories that surround them as well as their reasoning.

"I am Iron Man"
"I can do this all day"
Cpt America elevator scene
Spiderman introduced into MCU
Capt America picks up Thor's hammer
The Snap
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 ending when the group becomes a team

The video made me reflect on what my top 5 MCU moments would be. Taking into account all the movies it becomes pretty hard to narrow down. What are your most iconic scenes/references in the MCU? Some may have many answers to this, so limit it to 7 like the Russo Brothers did for this interview and flower up your list with the reasons why your chosen scenes are so important to you. I thought it was cool that the Russo Brothers had a mix of reasoning ranging from pure storytelling to personal connections to specific moments. I really liked their discussion surrounding Steve Rogers and the elevator scene.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm sorry, the ending to GotG 2 is way more memorable than GotG 1's.

Guardians 2 is the better movie, no doubt. But the Black Tears scene, from the moment Peter grabs the Power Stone through "You said it yourself bitch; we're the Guardians of the Galaxy" is top fucking 5.

I've got chills just thinking about it. Both Guardians movies have some really iconic shots, though.

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I agree. At the end of GotG they became a team but at the end of GotG2 they become a family. The emotional lead up and funeral were just wonderfully done.

"They came... [...] He didn't chase them away. Even though he yelled at them, and was always mean. And he stole batteries he didn't need."

"Well of course not."

giphy.gif

b5uq44a4qy101.jpg

6d37c47f7bcee4750e728f6817ec1e9e.gif

Last edited:

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Hulk's I'm always angry and the subsequent team assembling shot, and First Avengers "Good man" scene would be mine.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Surprised they didn't mention that one slow-mo scene of the Avengers fighting in New York, or the Avengers Assemble line from Endgame. Those are iconic to the entire MCU.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see the Guardians moment get its due

When Peter sees his mother in the cosmos as Gamora reaches out to him - absolutely floors me.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Kind of hard to pick a top 5, because I could make it top 5 "holy shit awesome" moments, or top 5 "great character" moments, or top 5 "defining the MCU" moments. What do you pick?

"Thor arrives in Wakanda" for the hype
"I had a date" ending of First Avenger for the emotional gut punch
"Elevator Scene" for the most awesome action scene
"The fact is ... I am Ironman" for the FUCK SECRET IDENTITIES (which defines the vast majority of the MCU movies)
The Avengers 1 "one-shot" action scene, which was the most "comic book to life" moment at that point

That's 5, but I could keep going. I didn't even mention anything from Endgame.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised they didn't mention that one slow-mo scene of the Avengers fighting in New York, or the Avengers Assemble line from Endgame. Those are iconic to the entire MCU.

I think they were only talking about their own stuff so the slow-mo scenes wouldn't have made it in. Plus isn't that more of a Whedon thing?

this is also another confirmation about how CA could lift Mjolnir if he wanted to.. but decided against it.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
"Guardians of the Galaxy 1 ending when the group becomes a team"

Best moment in the entire MCU. Shit is so good.

tumblr_nyh20sE4it1tas9hpo2_r1_540.gif

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
There's very, very little I like about either Guardians movie, but the rest of that stuff is solid choices.

Well, I'm not big on "I am Iron Man" because I prefer secret identities, but whatevs.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
No love for the "Everyone is here" moment in Endgame?

I am seriously considering seeing the movie a 3rd time just to see that again.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
After putting some thought into it I came up with my 7 in no particular order.

Trevor reveal in IM3
Ant Man becomes Giant Man in Civil War
Dr. Strange Meeting the Ancient One
All guns training to meet Capt Marvel in End Game
Freeway fight in Cap 2
"He may have been your daddy, boy. But he wasn't your father."
"I'm always angry"

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In no order because I don't want to think about it that hard:

Thor Vs the Destroyer - I used to think Thor was lame as hell and because of this movie he's now probably my favorite Marvel character. The music, the way it's shot, the other character's reactions, the emotion behind it. So damn great. I was digging the movie from the get go but this scene really solidified it as one of my favorites to this day.

GotG 2 ending - I actually didn't care for this one too much when I initially saw it in the theater but once I got the uhd I honestly couldn't figure out what my problem with it was. Yondu's death and funeral still make me cry.

Thor arrives in Wakanda - Just a great hype moment featuring a character I love. Plus the buildup to it is really well done.

"The Avengers Initiative" - There were rumors Jackson had filmed a little scene as Fury, and other movies had been announced but when those words were said I was blown away, knowing what they were planning and how they were going to do it.

Black Panther's final scene - I like how he's wanting to reach out and help communities in other countries now, showing the world how it should be. And the lead in to All the Stars... I don't know, I always have a smile on my face during that scene and credits.

Avengers Assembled - I expected it to be all the superheroes vs Thanos for the climax, not EVERYONE vs Thanos. The way both the music and visuals build from just showing the three Wakandans to everyone coming in and Cap finally saying the line is so incredibly well done.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No love for the "Everyone is here" moment in Endgame?

I am seriously considering seeing the movie a 3rd time just to see that again.
I'm guessing they didn't want to include stuff from Endgame. That moment was really cool in the cinema, but it feels like a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I was there on opening night and everyone went fucking nuts throughout that entire sequence.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
My choices:

-"Dormammu, I've come to bargain"
-Killmonger astral plane scene
-"Are you the God of Hammers?"
-"Mr. Stark, I dont feel so good"
-"Thats AMERICA'S ass"
-"Puny God"
-"On your left"

Oct 25, 2017
China
Thor jumping down onto the rainbow bridge in Ragnarok, Immigrant track playing, I even said out loud "somebody is about to get fucked up!".

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I'm guessing they didn't want to include stuff from Endgame. That moment was really cool in the cinema, but it feels like a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I was there on opening night and everyone went fucking nuts throughout that entire sequence.
But they have the Cap picking up Mjolnir scene, unless they mean the Age of Ultron scene, I haven't seen the full video.

Oct 26, 2017
Take out "I am Iron man," and replace with Hulk's I'm always angry moment. Rest are good.

My choices:

-"Dormammu, I've come to bargain"
-Killmonger astral plane scene
-"Are you the God of Hammers?"
-"Mr. Stark, I dont feel so good"
-"Thats AMERICA'S ass"
-"Puny God"
-"On your left"
Mrm. Good one with "Are you the god of hammers?"

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Avengers Assemble" is meaningless and hokey and doesnt even make sense (they are already assembled lol). I suppose it tickled your balls if you're a comic nerd but "Cap, on your left" is the real iconic part of Endgame's climax. Now that? That's some damn good shit.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doing a quick mental recap of the movies, I come up with these (by release order):

- "I am Iron Man" from Iron Man.
- the 360 team pan from The Avengers, which should be hokey as hell, IS hokey as hell, and yet is still awesome. Loved seeing it again in Endgame.
- Highway fight from Winter Soldier.
- Dance off/hand holding defeat of Ronan in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Taking on Ego to Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Perhaps the entirety of Thor Ragnarock.
- Thor arriving in Wakanda from Infinity War.
- "On your left" from Endgame.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Their take on Cap almost lifting the hammer in AoU is interesting. I always assumed it was because Cap wasn't quite worthy(he becomes worthy when he tells Stark he lied to him about his parents). I never really thought about Cap not trying to embarrass Thor.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their take on Cap almost lifting the hammer in AoU is interesting. I always assumed it was because Cap wasn't quite worthy(he becomes worthy when he tells Stark he lied to him about his parents). I never really thought about Cap not trying to embarrass Thor.

Their take is absolute garbage retcon stuff. He couldnt lift it in AoU because he wasnt worthy. He could in Endgame because his character grew and matured and was worthy. Believe what you see onscreen, not the words of directors who didnt have any part in that movie and whose take lessens Caps journey.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
"Guardians of the Galaxy 1 ending when the group becomes a team"

Best moment in the entire MCU. Shit is so good.

tumblr_nyh20sE4it1tas9hpo2_r1_540.gif

For me, that's not when they became a team, this was when they became a team.

"Well, now I'm standing. Happy? We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle. " <- That's a team.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Can't watch the video since I'm at work. What did they say?