• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Is this viral marketing for the new Sputnik movie

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Starlink maybe?

This is pretty wild for a cosmonaut to so openly speculate about though, dang....

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't there like 100,000 pieces of space junk around the planet? I'd love it to be aliens but...

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I saw 3 different weird flying things that looked out of place throughout that. Which one is he talking about? 🤣

There's something right at the beginning that looks like multiple "lights" flying on the left.

Something at the leading edge of the Aurora.

Then a large object/"ship" at the end.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's talking about the lights that move from left to right in a line format from 9-12 seconds.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
For those who can't see there appears to be some object with a shape and lights at 00:11 on the left side of the horizon just before the aurora borealis appears

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
What am I supposed to be looking for?

The line of lights?

A shadow on the left side of the screen?

Some long bending wave looking thing?

The dark distorted thing near the end?

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California

-Stranger-

Banned
Jan 1, 2018
ERA is pretty damn skeptical.
Just saying an Astronaut posting about seeing something unidentified is a pretty big deal.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pfft he's not even an astronaut. He's one of those cosmonauts. He probably won a competition to get up there, what does he know??

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Also just reread and got a kick out of the thread title, "claims to see" when there is clear video evidence, he didn't claim to see anything, he fucking saw and recorded it lol.

Sorry not trying to shit on you op, just reminded me of those shitty news headlines that twist what is actually happening.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
A couple of questions... at :42 of the video..what's that dark thing on the left that looks squarish that obstructs the view of the planet and you see more of it. Part of a ISS?

Also why do you see stars lower dark part of the video, when that's supposed to be Earth

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
A couple of questions... at :42 of the video..what's that dark thing on the left that looks squarish that obstructs the view of the planet and you see more of it. Part of a ISS?

Also why do you see stars lower dark part of the video, when that's supposed to be Earth

I assume it's one of the solar panels, and that's the atmosphere, the Aurora Borealis is way above the surface of the planet.

Edit: just rewatched and maybe you're referring to the specs on the screen? Looks like dust maybe? Watch how none of it moves with the stars, because it's likely on the inside of the window he's recording out of.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
Really awesome, love that the stigma in reporting and broadcasting videos like this is finally starting to die away. After the pentagons release of the Tic tac videos, and NYT acticles it seems like professional people are really starting to feel more comfortable now in discussing or showing things they have seen.