• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
DNI acting for the president, not the country.

tenor.gif

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
DNI acting for the president, not the country.

>

Ned Price @nedprice

An extraordinary statement. It doesn't take issue with the underlying allegation, and Ratcliffe surely would've if it were inaccurate. In any other administration, the question would be why weren't POTUS/VPOTUS briefed, but this one portrays ignorance as an exonerating datapoint.

11:28 PM · Jun 27, 2020

Ratcliffe is a MAGA stooge who had his nomination withdrawn last year because he was ridiculously unqualified.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
This could be different this time. Trump has been wounded and is weak from the economy, covid, protests, etc.

Do we need to come up with a stupid name for the scandal? It's sad that this isn't instantly impeachable/resignable/jailable. But it seems marketing this horrific news is just as important anymore.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
So Ratcliffe is taking one for the team. How much do you want to bet that he flips after Trump leaves him high and dry?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
A DNI that admits to such a colossal fuck up in writing deserves immediate impeachment. The denial is the flimsiest of bandages on a problem that doesn't just go away.

Trump/Pence still owe us an explanation as to what they plan to do, right now.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Ratcliffe...really? We're going with the president is stupid and didn't read the briefing/wasn't briefed AGAIN?

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
"Wasn't briefed" and "didn't know" aren't synonymous. Pretty clear that they're choosing their wording carefully here.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
So where are we in the trump cycle of this story?

deny? Deflect? If I did it, it wouldn't be illegal? I did it?

I am just asking.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Nobody briefed or told me, @VP Pence, or Chief of Staff @MarkMeadows about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians, as reported through an "anonymous source" by the Fake News @nytimes. Everybody is denying it & there have not been many attacks on us.....

...Nobody's been tougher on Russia than the Trump Administration. With Corrupt Joe Biden & Obama, Russia had a field day, taking over important parts of Ukraine - Where's Hunter? Probably just another phony Times hit job, just like their failed Russia Hoax. Who is their "source"?

7:28 AM · Jun 28, 2020

Jake Tapper @jaketapper

Trump denies being briefed by US Intel that Russian intelligence officers with GRU recently offered money to Taliban terrorists in Afghanistan as rewards if they killed US or UK troops there.

Of note: zero condemnation for Putin, Russia, GRU below.

Will US respond?

7:35 AM · Jun 28, 2020

Oct 28, 2017
Trump saying Obama just let Putin take over Crimea. Can you imagine if that happened with Trump being President? He'd probably congratulate him.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
If you've ever watched a hearing with Ratcliff involved it's so obvious how much of a schmuck the guy is. Of course he's going to bend over backwards.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Response as expected.

I wonder if they genuinely wanted to tell him but it was pushed aside out of sheer embarrassment and confirmation Trump is in Putin's pocket because he wouldn't do anything.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It almost sounds like trump is not only denying he was briefed, but also that the actual claim at the heart of the matter is fake as well.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Yes George, we know you and the wife are working on your book deal once Trump is gone...
I can't stand this asshole grifter. Craven piece of shit. He tried his damnedest to get Trump elected in 2016. Wept tears of joy when the election results came in. Trump was a racist, xenophobic, isolationist miscreant in 2016. They changed the Republican national platform to go soft on Russia's takeover of Crimea to appease Trump. It was plain as a day that Trump was a treasonous fuck from the get go. They already long knew.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
People like Conway are all for the tax cuts and a more conservative court. It's everything else that disgusts them. Consider a cannibal who is disgusted that his newest guest can't chew with his mouth closed.

Trump not even acknowledging the central allegation of the GRU passing money to the Taliban confirms what we know about him. He's not only too prideful to acknowledge Russia helped him, he's too indebted to them to actually acknowledge anything negative about them. Him saying "nobodies tougher on Russia" in response is as pathetic a deflection as his "nobody has done more for African Americans" crap in response to the protests. By refusing to state a position, he confirms his position.

The specific denial stopping at himself, the VP, and Mulvaney/Meadows means that Haspel and Grenell/Ratcliffe are going to do the song and dance of dodging congressional subpoenas until after the election.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know, no one told me is now an official White House stance. What a fucking joke lmao, this is literally the Joe Paterno defense. I'm in charge but I'm not!
"Sarcastically, I'm in charge!"

at what point do we go scorched earth against this shit? i think we need to start shaming trump supporters for praising the death of our troops publicly.

Oct 26, 2017
Not only is he deflecting about being briefed he is downplaying the intelligence report as well. "So called attacks" and "there have not been that many attacks on us"

I guess Lindsey is going to try to get him on message over a very long 18 holes.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

Dressed for golf, President Trump just left the White House with Sen. Lindsey Graham.

9:17 AM · Jun 28, 2020

Mark Knoller @markknoller

Press pool reports Pres Trump, appearing dressed for golf, has departed the WH. Occasional golf partner @LindseyGrahamSC was seen getting in the motorcade with him.

9:15 AM · Jun 28, 2020

Time to remind Lindsey of the kompromat. Lindsey will be defending Russia by evening.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
www.businessinsider.com

About 40 US soldiers held off hundreds of Russian mercenaries in a brutal firefight in Syria

Roughly 40 US commandos held off about 500 forces loyal to the Syrian government — including Russian mercenaries — in an intense firefight in early February, The New York Times reports.

Yeah and more like occupying US Imperial Empire forces hold off sovereign forces after illegally invading country. The U.S. has no right to be there.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Not only is he deflecting about being briefed he is downplaying the intelligence report as well. "So called attacks" and "there have not been that many attacks on us"

I guess Lindsey is going to try to get him on message over a very long 18 holes.

Other way around. Trump goes golfing with Lindsey so that the GOP Senate has the approved talking points for the latest scandal. Reporters will be stopping them in the hallways by Monday morning after all.

Since most of the party isn't "in the know" for all of his individual grifts and abuses, they need a common rallying cry, even if it's just "Fake News", so the base doesn't begin to ask uncomfortable questions. Senators speculating out loud that they will look into this is a no-no.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Other way around. Trump goes golfing with Lindsey so that the GOP Senate has the approved talking points for the latest scandal. Reporters will be stopping them in the hallways by Monday morning after all.

Since most of the party isn't "in the know" for all of his individual grifts and abuses, they need a common rallying cry, even if it's just "Fake News", so the base doesn't begin to ask uncomfortable questions. Senators speculating out loud that they will look into this is a no-no.

I find it interesting that Lindsey tweeted last night about getting to the bottom of this latest act of treason and was then immediately summoned to the back nine. I suspect he'll be back on message by this afternoon. I'd love to be wrong for once.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I find it interesting that Lindsey tweeted last night about getting to the bottom of this latest act of treason and was then immediately summoned to the back nine. I suspect he'll be back on message by this afternoon. I'd love to be wrong for once.

There's a better chance of Nintendo saying fuck it, selling the Switch to Sony and being a 100% fully owned subsidiary of Sony then Lindsey Graham doing the right thing.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Even if you allow for Trump's team to say he didn't know, he certainly knows now. So now what's the story?

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like. This should be huge right? A president knew another country was paying people to kill our service members, and that same president wants closer relations with said country. He's fine with people killing our soldiers.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Military personnel are usually pro-Republican right? I would imagine this would be another huge blow for Trump in the polls.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Military personnel are usually pro-Republican right? I would imagine this would be another huge blow for Trump in the polls.

Trump's approval among the military dipped hard towards the end of last year. Probably because he was openly attacking Vindman and other people in the State department, along with the whole pardoning war criminals fiasco - https://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-approval-among-us-troops-continues-to-slip-2019-12

-8% in approval among active duty personnel, compared to +9 right after the 2016 election.

Overall, 60% of military voters supported Trump/GOP in 2016, 58% in 2018.

Just this year you've had the spontaneous Iran attack, the firing and insulting of the Navy vessel captain, Trump being ruled against for stealing military funds to build the wall, and recently Trump suggesting he would want to use them domestically to attack protestors. And now this Russia/Taliban humiliation.

It's not working out all that well for him.

Losing vets, suburbs, and seniors individually might cost the GOP an election, but all 3? Trump right now is struggling to stay + among white male voters.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Like. This should be huge right? A president knew another country was paying people to kill our service members, and that same president wants closer relations with said country. He's fine with people killing our soldiers.
It's not exactly breaking news that some of the people US is fighting is getting aid from foreign countries.
Russia is providing military and monetary aid for Syria is way more substantial than this.

I think all those proxy wars are fucking stupid, but I don't know that I see this as this great departure of the shitty norms we had for a while now.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's approval among the military dipped hard towards the end of last year. Probably because he was openly attacking Vindman and other people in the State department, along with the whole pardoning war criminals fiasco - https://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-approval-among-us-troops-continues-to-slip-2019-12

-8% in approval among active duty personnel, compared to +9 right after the 2016 election.

Overall, 60% of military voters supported Trump/GOP in 2016, 58% in 2018.

Just this year you've had the spontaneous Iran attack, the firing and insulting of the Navy vessel captain, Trump being ruled against for stealing military funds to build the wall, and recently Trump suggesting he would want to use them domestically to attack protestors. And now this Russia/Taliban humiliation.

It's not working out all that well for him.

Losing vets, suburbs, and seniors individually might cost the GOP an election, but all 3? Trump right now is struggling to stay + among white male voters.
That's good news. Honestly, it was kind of surprising he had their support in the first place. While he talked about increasing military budgets he also publicly shit on POWs and talked about how he was smarter than all of the generals when it came to policy. With that said, it's better late than never that troops realize having an unstable narcissist in control is dangerous.