• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Do we know when Russia is going to spread their bs to the unsc?

Tomorrow at 10am EST is a UNSC meeting.
But not the "russian one".
I believe the President (UK) denied it, not sure how...

EDIT:
Here is the press conference with the russian ambassador about the denial of the UNSC meeting.

Last edited:

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
These poor souls.... I hope they don't suffer.

You never know with this fucking war and Russians behaving like 17th century mercenaries, but I would be more concerned with the ones they dont film and share.

These ones at least, were seen alive on this video. Russia also shared the "Fuck you Russian Battleship"- island prisoners before exchanging them with Ukraine.

So there is hope.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Seems some progress is finally being made on the Southern front. Seemed like that area has been stalled for a while, but with the northern collapse, Ukraine can now send some reinforcements down there.

Oct 27, 2017
www.politico.eu

Austria rejects sanctions against Russian oil, gas

Vienna is calling on the EU to keep a cool head despite reports of Russian atrocities in Ukraine.

Keep a cool head while Russian troops are committing another holocaust? Dead raped children in the streets? What the fuck Austria?
It would seem that Russia does not have the monopoly on inhuman monstrous scum. A fair few European leaders should be taking a good long hard look at themselves in a mirror to double check they are still human. But there you go more appeasement of Putin, I expect this to continue even when Russian tanks are rolling past the damn Eiffel Tower.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
www.politico.eu

Austria rejects sanctions against Russian oil, gas

Vienna is calling on the EU to keep a cool head despite reports of Russian atrocities in Ukraine.

Keep a cool head while Russian troops are committing another holocaust? Dead raped children in the streets? What the fuck Austria?

The issue is European dependence on Russian gas. There is a point to be made that cutting off your nose to spite your face is what is going to happen with a blanket ban.

If people are so horrified about what happened, in this case, more can be done that isn't sanctions as well, like more financial/weapons support to Ukranine and a more agressive stance against Russia.

On the issue of gas, The problem really is Europe is so enmeshed with Russian gas it's hard for it to find the political will to do more. Precisely what the US had been warning about for decades. The blame isn't Austria's it's a general failure in the politicians within the various governments and EU as a whole to anticipate threats from Russia after 2004. And especially after Putin's increasingly authoritarian turn in the late 2000s. This thing had been brewing for at least 15 years.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
OK, fine, you won't sacrifice 1-1.5% of GDP of your own economy to kill Russia's economy. Whatever.

My issue is that countries won't do that AND they won't mitigate their decisions by giving Kyiv what it needs to prosecute this war quickly in the short term. Don't have the equipment? Whatever, go out and buy off what you can from poorer states in the EU.

You can do one or other and it's not morally objectionable IMO, given that cutting off oil and gas is still a battle that has a delayed impact beyond the next month or two of the war. But to do neither is morally abhorrent. It undermines the stable world order that these merchant republics built their culture and identity on. Stop freeloading you jackasses.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
When searching for Biden's remarks today on Youtube I got a bit of irony. Just 11 months ago an American president finally recognized the Armenian genocide. How long will it take for Ukraine?

I would hope that Biden has been advised not to classify it as such without being proven in an international court and that he personally believes it is genocide, but it feels a bit weak when Russia has been committing war crimes every day. What is happening now is another level of inhumanity. At the end of the day, I'm not sure it will move the needle much. Every day Ukraine doesn't get the weapons and support it needs is another day more civilians will experience Russia's barbarism.

NvHlmZG.png

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Giving countries veto right on sanctions is one of the EU's huge flaws. The more members the less effective the EU becomes on a global stage.

Nope, it has to be with veto rights.
It is decided between the state representives.
If there wouldn't be a veto right then a group of foreign state representives could influence the decision of an elected government.
That is the worst the EU could become.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, it has to be with veto rights.
It is decided between the state representives.
If there wouldn't be a veto right then a group of foreign state representives could influence the decision of an elected government.
That is the worst the EU could become.
That is already happening on many issues. In effect you have a small power base (like Germany plus France) that is first coming to an agreement, and then using their soft and economic power to coerce/bribe the rest of the EU into whatever they want, sometimes with some small compromises here and there.
It's a slow and ineffective process that is highly undemocratic and intransparent, and as we see on important geopolitical issues, also dysfunctional and ultimately self destructive. The EU in this form has no future and might as well be dissolved.

Since states can leave the EU, I do not see a problem if they lose some of their power while being a member state. If I join community, I have to play by their rules and will have to adapt my decision making to that. That doesn't make me into a slave, I can always just leave if I think it's not worth giving up some of my freedom.

I mean if you feel like a slave then leave the "club".
It is absolutely possible, the UK did it.
your response is a complete non sequitur to what I wrote. I argue for closer integration and am clearly a believer in a true European Union. Not the half assed veto infested mess we currently have.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
That is already happening on many issues. In effect you have a small power base (like Germany plus France) that is first coming to an agreement, and then using their soft and economic power to coerce/bribe the rest of the EU into whatever they want, sometimes with some small compromises here and there.
It's a slow and ineffective process that is highly undemocratic and intransparent, and as we see on important geopolitical issues, also dysfunctional and ultimately self destructive. The EU in this form has no future and might as well be dissolved.

Since states can leave the EU, I do not see a problem if they lose some of their power while being a member state. If I join community, I have to play by their rules and will have to adapt my decision making to that. That doesn't make me into a slave, I can always just leave if I think it's not worth giving up my freedom.

I mean if you feel like a slave then leave the "club".
It is absolutely possible, the UK did it.

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
Looks like something out of game of thrones… feel for him and his people.

I know you didn't mean anything by it, but man do I not like the false equivalencies to TV/movies that goes on.

It doesn't look like soemthing out of game of thrones - because more improtantly, it's real life and it's happening to people on a daily basis. Let's not lose sight of that by comparing it to our luxuries.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
your response is a complete non sequitur to what I wrote. I argue for closer integration and am clearly a believer in a true European Union. Not the half assed veto infested mess we currently have.

Sorry, the word slave you used somehow stuck in my head, but wasn't fitting my answer.
You talked about a democratic EU.
I don't see how it becomes more democratic without veto rights in its current construct with state representives.
If we want to make such decisions without veto rights, then those decisions have to be made in the EU parliament.

Also without veto right i'm sure a group like Germany, France, Austria, Netherland has even more power.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Seems some progress is finally being made on the Southern front. Seemed like that area has been stalled for a while, but with the northern collapse, Ukraine can now send some reinforcements down there.

Very conflicting info in everything when it comes to the South.

around Kherson, according to one insider source, UAF is trying something very ambitious. Not sure how relaible, though.

Further E, Arestovych obliquely implied that UAF has its artillery in range to pester the troops besieging Mariupol... grain of salt and all that, obviously.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Very conflicting info in everything when it comes to the South.

around Kherson, according to one insider source, UAF is trying something very ambitious. Not sure how relaible, though.

Further E, Arestovych obliquely implied that UAF has its artillery in range to pester the troops besieging Mariupol... grain of salt and all that, obviously.
After Belgorod, I think ambitious is something the General Staff is obviously approving. Also, Ukraine seems well more equipped for night fighting than the Russians so that might come into play as well.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
OK, fine, you won't sacrifice 1-1.5% of GDP of your own economy to kill Russia's economy. Whatever.

My issue is that countries won't do that AND they won't mitigate their decisions by giving Kyiv what it needs to prosecute this war quickly in the short term. Don't have the equipment? Whatever, go out and buy off what you can from poorer states in the EU.

You can do one or other and it's not morally objectionable IMO, given that cutting off oil and gas is still a battle that has a delayed impact beyond the next month or two of the war. But to do neither is morally abhorrent. It undermines the stable world order that these merchant republics built their culture and identity on. Stop freeloading you jackasses.

Yeah, I can understand the reluctance to sacrifice your industrial economy. Especially if we're in this for the long haul. When people in Germany and Austria start losing their jobs and becoming noticeably poorer compared to the British/French/Americans, while also having to accept a lot of refugees, it'll be harder to maintain Western unity.

But to keep the gas pipeline maxed out while also handwringing about the defensive implications of giving Ukraine some aging APCs? Fucking what?! Do you need them in case Switzerland invades or something?
Eastern European nations not wanting to lose their air defence I kinda understand, since they're right on the border of the conflict, but Germany and Austria?
There needs to be a strong response of some kind to these war crimes from Russia. it could be economic or military, but it can't be stern words at the UN and asking some Russian diplomats to go home.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, I can understand the reluctance to sacrifice your industrial economy. Especially if we're in this for the long haul. When people in Germany and Austria start losing their jobs and becoming noticeably poorer compared to the British/French/Americans, while also having to accept a lot of refugees, it'll be harder to maintain Western unity.

But to keep the gas pipeline maxed out while also handwringing about the defensive implications of giving Ukraine some aging APCs? Fucking what?! Do you need them in case Switzerland invades or something?
Eastern European nations not wanting to lose their air defence I kinda understand, since they're right on the border of the conflict, but Germany and Austria?
There needs to be a strong response of some kind to these war crimes from Russia. it could be economic or military, but it can't be stern words at the UN and asking some Russian diplomats to go home.

Germany has a lot of soldiers and equipment at the northern and eastern NATO flank.
Austria isn't part of NATO, so i can see why they want to have their equipment.

But delivering more weapons and APCs to Ukraine should happen.
There are rumors that several things will be delivered by Rheinmetall Defence to Ukraine, i hope that is true.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
apnews.com

AP-NORC poll: More support for Ukraine, concern about Russia

As Russia escalates its war in Ukraine and stories of civilian casualties and destruction in cities reach the United States, support has risen for a major American role.

WASHINGTON (AP) — As Russia escalates its war in Ukraine and stories of civilian casualties and destruction in cities reach the United States, support has risen for a major American role — and so has fear of the threat Russia poses to the U.S.

The new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research also finds a majority of Americans say they're willing to accept damage to the economy if it helps to stop Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion. Forty percent now say the U.S. should have a "major role," up from 26% in an AP-NORC poll conducted just before the invasion began.

Another 46% say the U.S. should have a "minor role." The percentage who think the U.S. shouldn't be involved at all ticked down from 20% to 13%.

The poll suggests many Americans want President Joe Biden to do more to counter Russia without suggesting he should reverse his pledge not to send U.S. troops to Ukraine.

A majority of Americans — 56% — think Biden hasn't been tough enough on Russia, according to the poll. Another 36% said his approach has been "about right."

Speaking after the release of the earlier AP-NORC poll, White House press secretary Jen Psaki noted that Americans may have different meanings of what is a "major role" or "minor role" in the conflict. "We make national security decisions based on what's best for our country's national security, not on the latest polling," Psaki said.

Russia's continued bombardment of Ukraine and Putin's raising the alert level on his country's nuclear weapons has sparked fears around the world. The poll shows the vast majority of Americans are at least somewhat concerned that the U.S. will be drawn into a war with Russia, including nearly half who are very or extremely concerned. Several respondents interviewed after the poll raised the possibility of a third world war.

There's also increasing worry about Russia's influence in the world — with 64% saying they were very or extremely concerned, up from 53% a month ago — and strong support for the U.S. sanctioning Russia and supporting Ukrainian refugees. Two-thirds said they favor accepting people from Ukraine into the U.S., compared to only about 1 in 10 opposed.

Putin's decision to invade reminded Leo Martin, an 85-year-old from Counci

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose this is a "good" plan in the "It's nice to want things" school of thought but as an actual operation taking into account current battlefield logistics it looks like a wild fantasy to me.
That's basically what the full thread concludes. Mark is very bullish about Ukraine's prospects.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
apnews.com

AP-NORC poll: More support for Ukraine, concern about Russia

As Russia escalates its war in Ukraine and stories of civilian casualties and destruction in cities reach the United States, support has risen for a major American role.
I'm glad at least heavy weapons are moving now; there should be no qualms now by giving whatever we can to Ukraine since it is obvious from Russian media plus the massacres on the ground that Russia plans to wipe out Ukraine since it would rather be like the EU than Russia. Again, genocide is being conducted because a country wanted to join the EU.

And to the EU, I hope they start to understand this is at the core of what Russia is doing and while yes, some countries can't drop Russian gas today, until they do they should be doing whatever they can buying and sending as many heavy weapons as possible.

staff post - watch the rhetoric

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Look, this should go without saying, but not everyone in Russia supports Putin's war in Ukraine. We all joke about how dissenters are liable to "accidentally" find themselves falling out of 5th story windows, into some stray bullets, after drinking tea that was somehow contaminated with radioactive materials, but it is very true that dissent is harshly criminalized and there are those who have been killed for either asking too many questions or asking the wrong questions. We have seen it happen to everyone from activists and political leaders to journalists and whistleblowers who only sought to shine a light on the injustice their fellow countrymen face. People have been thrown in jail on trumped up charges or straight up assassinated in ways that make it blatantly obvious what has happened to them.

We also see this happening right now, in regards to dissent to this war. Protesters have been jailed and perhaps worse. We all know how Putin operates, the people of Ukraine are his victims but so are many of the people in Russia. Yes, there are those who support him, some wholeheartedly and some not knowing the truth due to a large and expansive propaganda network that reaches even Western audiences, but there are also many who have spoken out and would speak out given the chance to do so without losing everything.

As such, nobody should be blaming the general population for what is going on. The Russian government and Russian armed forces are solely to blame for all of this. We shouldn't be letting our anger at the events of the last few days distract us from the identities of those who are responsible for what has happened: Vladimir Putin, his government, and the Russian army. Russia is a dictatorship, the average Russian has as much sway in how their government is run as I have in the next Fire Emblem game: none at all. And we need to remember that.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
ISW analysis for 04 April 2022 (it's a long one!)

Institute for the Study of War

Russian forces continue to make little to no progress in frontal assaults to capture Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, their current main effort of the war. Russian units in Donbas face growing morale and supply issues. Additionally, the Ukrainian defenders

Russian forces continue to make little to no progress in frontal assaults to capture Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, their current main effort of the war. Russian units in Donbas face growing morale and supply issues. Additionally, the Ukrainian defenders of Mariupol have outperformed ISW's previous estimates and continue to hold the city. Russian efforts to generate replacements from reservists and feed damaged units from northeastern Ukraine into frontal assaults in eastern Ukraine are unlikely to increase their chances of success.

However, Russian forces advancing from the Kharkiv axis are setting conditions to resume offensive operations through the city of Slovyansk to link up with other Russian forces in Donbas and encircle Ukrainian defenders. Russian forces captured Izyum (southeast of Kharkiv) on April 1 and have conducted active preparations to resume offensive operations for the past three days—stockpiling supplies, refitting damaged units, repairing the damaged bridge in Izyum, and conducting reconnaissance in force missions toward the southeast. Russian forces will likely begin offensive operations towards Slovyansk, 50km southeast of Izyum, in the coming days.

Efforts by Russian forces advancing from Izyum to capture Slovyansk will likely prove to be the next pivotal battle of the war in Ukraine. Russian forces likely intend to cut off Ukrainian forces in eastern Ukraine and will need to take Slovyansk as their minimum step to do so. If Russian forces take Slovyansk, they will then have the option to advance directly east to link up with Russian forces fighting in Rubizhne—a shorter drive that will not isolate many Ukrainian forces—or advance toward Horlivka and Donetsk to attempt a wider encirclement of Ukrainian forces. Both options could enable at least limited Russian breakthroughs in Luhansk Oblast. If Russian forces are unable to take Slovyansk at all, Russian frontal assaults in Donbas are unlikely to independently breakthrough Ukrainian defenses and Russia's campaign to capture the entirety of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts will likely fail.

Degraded Russian forces in northeastern Ukraine continued to withdraw to Russia and are unlikely to be effective elsewhere, despite ongoing Russian efforts to redeploy them to eastern Ukraine.
Ukrainian forces are conducting operations to clear Russians left behind in the withdrawal, and Russian forces are unlikely to hold any cohesive defensive positions. The Ukrainian military reported that elements of Russian VDV (Airborne) units withdrawn from northern Kyiv flew to Belgorod, Russia, on April 4. These units are understrength, missing equipment, and likely highly demoralized. Russian servicemen from the Kyiv axis ordered to renter combat operations may desert or refuse orders, which has occurred in several Russian units throughout the war—including several units that had not yet entered combat.

Key Takeaways
  • Russian forces in Izyum are setting conditions to begin offensive operations southeast toward Slovyansk in the coming days to link up with other Russian forces in Donbas and encircle Ukrainian defenders.
  • Russian forces in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts continue to make little to no progress and face mounting casualties and declining morale. Replacements and reinforcements from northeastern Ukraine are highly unlikely to meaningfully change the balance of forces.
  • Efforts by Russian forces advancing from Izyum to capture Slovyansk and threaten Ukrainian forces in Donbas with encirclement will likely prove to be the next pivotal battle of the war in Ukraine. If Russian forces are unable to take Slovyansk, Russia's campaign to capture the entirety of Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts will likely fail.
  • The defenders of Mariupol have outperformed ISW's previous estimates, and Russian forces are likely taking heavy casualties in ongoing efforts to capture the city.
  • Ukrainian forces likely conducted successful counterattacks in Kherson Oblast in the last 24 hours.
  • Russian forces have almost completely withdrawn from Chernihiv and Sumy oblasts and will likely completely vacate these regions in the coming days.
  • Russian forces withdrawn from the Kyiv axis are highly unlikely to be effectively deployed elsewhere in Ukraine and are likely a spent force.
Russian forces already deployed to the Kremlin's main effort in eastern Ukraine are highly demoralized and do not have a cohesive command structure. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on April 4 that Russian forces are attempting to create an operational group and expand control structures to "prepare for an offensive operation in eastern Ukraine" and are continuing to deploy additional forces to eastern Ukraine.[1] Russian officers will struggle to develop a new command structure from highly damaged units while simultaneously attempting to continue offensive operations. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on April 4 that losses of the 33rd, 255th, and 294th Motor Rifle Regiments of the 20th Motor Rifle Division (part of the 8th Combined Arms Army and likely active in fighting in Donbas or Mariupol) amounted to up to 40% of equipment and personnel, and surviving servicemen are attempting to leave the military.[2] Ukraine's Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) separately reported that it acquired a document signed by Deputy Southern Military District commander Pyotr Gibert indicating that Russian officers are compensating their troops with the promise of additional leave days due to the inability to pay promised monthly salaries in cash.[3]

Russian efforts to generate reserves and replace officer casualties continue to face serious challenges. The Ukrainian General Staff stated that the Russian military is deploying students and educators at higher military educational institutions directly to Ukraine to replace mounting officer casualties.[4] The deployment of untrained officers—and more crucially educational staff—to the war in Ukraine will impede the Russian military's ability to develop its next generation of officers for years to come. The General Staff additionally reported on April 4 that the Kremlin began "hidden mobilization" measures to send approximately 60,000 personnel to Ukraine.[5] The General Staff stated the Kremlin is prioritizing reservists of all ranks who already have combat experience, particularly in Krasnodar Krai, Perm Oblast, the Dagestan Republic, Ingushetia, and Kalmykia.

DraftUkraineCoTApril4%2C2022.png

Mar 9, 2018
Currently 2nd in polling for the upcoming first round of the French presidential election, the far right MARINE LE PEN calls the massacre in Bucha as war crime but leaves it open as to who did it.

"You have 2 belligerents accusing each other..."

May 26, 2018
Currently 2nd in polling for the upcoming first round of the French presidential election, the far right MARINE LE PEN calls the massacre in Bucha as war crime but leaves it open as to who did it.

"You have 2 belligerents accusing each other..."

Damn… hope France pulls it together. The power in France suddenly becoming pro-Putin would be awful to international efforts

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
ISW analysis for 04 April 2022 (it's a long one!)

Institute for the Study of War

Russian forces continue to make little to no progress in frontal assaults to capture Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, their current main effort of the war. Russian units in Donbas face growing morale and supply issues. Additionally, the Ukrainian defenders

DraftUkraineCoTApril4%2C2022.png
Izyum doesn't have the best supply line.

My hope is UA is massing sufficient force by Kharkiv-Chuhuiv to cut these.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Look, this should go without saying, but not everyone in Russia supports Putin's war in Ukraine. We all joke about how dissenters are liable to "accidentally" find themselves falling out of 5th story windows, into some stray bullets, after drinking tea that was somehow contaminated with radioactive materials, but it is very true that dissent is harshly criminalized and there are those who have been killed for either asking too many questions or asking the wrong questions. We have seen it happen to everyone from activists and political leaders to journalists and whistleblowers who only sought to shine a light on the injustice their fellow countrymen face. People have been thrown in jail on trumped up charges or straight up assassinated in ways that make it blatantly obvious what has happened to them.

We also see this happening right now, in regards to dissent to this war. Protesters have been jailed and perhaps worse. We all know how Putin operates, the people of Ukraine are his victims but so are many of the people in Russia. Yes, there are those who support him, some wholeheartedly and some not knowing the truth due to a large and expansive propaganda network that reaches even Western audiences, but there are also many who have spoken out and would speak out given the chance to do so without losing everything.

As such, nobody should be blaming the general population for what is going on. The Russian government and Russian armed forces are solely to blame for all of this. We shouldn't be letting our anger at the events of the last few days distract us from the identities of those who are responsible for what has happened: Vladimir Putin, his government, and the Russian army. Russia is a dictatorship, the average Russian has as much sway in how their government is run as I have in the next Fire Emblem game: none at all. And we need to remember that.

Very well said.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

Last edited:

Glace

Banned
Dec 8, 2021

I'm sorry but when you have reports of the general population supporting the war, absolutely hating on Ukraine for simply existing and being only worried about not winning or not winning fast enough then such a "Staff Post" looks to be very much strange. Is it true that not all in Russia support the war? Yes. Is it also true that majority of the population seem to atrast be implicit in accepting it if not fully supporting it? Also very much yes.

Oct 27, 2017
Also, just a basic question: why would Ukrainians kill themselves?
We shouldn't even be entertaining these bad faith responses at all. By doing so, they have us preoccupied in a state of inaction when we shouldn't be at all in situations like these. The current Russian regime is the enemy of all humanity and must be crushed. Notice that Trump utilized the same playbook (again, not surprising with who he is aligned with and funded by).

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

I hear what you are saying, but are we going to ignore the more and more different pieces of evidence that this war, this aggression is not just tolerated by a majority of the Russian population, but is actually spurred on by all facets of the country.

That's not to say that all Russians are bad, but as more and more Russians flee Russia, it's possible that this operation is popular in Russia and is not just a 'Putin' problem.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry but when you have reports of the general population supporting the war, absolutely hating on Ukraine for simply existing and being only worried about not winning or not winning fast enough then such a "Staff Post" looks to be very much strange. Is it true that not all in Russia support the war? Yes. Is it also true that majority of the population seem to atrast be implicit in accepting it if not fully supporting it? Also very much yes.
I hear what you are saying, but are we going to ignore the more and more different pieces of evidence that this war, this aggression is not just tolerated by a majority of the Russian population, but is actually spurred on by all facets of the country.

That's not to say that all Russians are bad, but as more and more Russians flee Russia, it's possible that this operation is popular in Russia and is not just a 'Putin' problem.
You don't live in countries that would be any different.

I don't have to know what countries you're from to say that.