• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
The War in Ukraine is a goldmine for Military Intelligence and is likely going to lead to a lot of changes even among NATO forces. The Drone Warfare etc. is providing so much data for operational readiness and planning.

NATO getting their hands on those never seen before Iskander decoys is already quite a windfall for the intelligence agencies. And that is without taking into account those quite intact Ka-52 wreckages and the captured EW vehicles.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
Yup this is what I've been saying, and why it annoys me when analysts say that Russia isn't completing its objectives. The civilian deaths ARE the objective at this point. I think Putin knows he can't win militarily now and wants so much blood that Zelensky will feel forced to agree to some deal where Russia gets part of Ukraine just to stop the civilian deaths.

Thats for sure the goal here. But like most of his decisions, it seems like this is gonna wind up backfiring. Everything hes done has just gone towards entrenching the UA response even further, while all of his logistical objectives continue to go unmet.

everdom

Oct 29, 2017
Let's hope for a coup.
It wouldn't surprise me if it comes to this. The higher ups in the Belorussian military are either unable or unwilling to get their troops to fight in Ukraine, why else would Russia be importing soldiers from places like Syria?

They either move against Lukanhesko now or are cleaned out after this war. Better to move now while Russia is fucking up royally in Ukraine.

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Is There any news out of Odessa? How's the attack going? Or did they actually try it?
I was more thinking how russian intelligence is gonna be desperate to get their hands on one of these drones to pick it apart.

US exposing really modern tech here. Will be great for ukrainians though.

Agreed.
Although Russia is less if a concern now, China will het copies of the data theu get if not the drones themselves. The russians already exposed some of their secrets with their jammers. Imn not sure we should be showing too much of our hand If we can help it.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I was more thinking how russian intelligence is gonna be desperate to get their hands on one of these drones to pick it apart.

Personally, I doubt the US is showing even 30% of it's secret capabilities it has if needed.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if it comes to this. The higher ups in the Belorussian military are either unable or unwilling to get their troops to fight in Ukraine, why else would Russia be importing soldiers from places like Syria?

They either move against Lukanhesko now or are cleaned out after this war. Better to move now while Russia is fucking up royally in Ukraine.

Is Lukanshenko popular in Belarus? I heard ancedotally that he wasn't but maybe that's changed over the last few weeks? If both the populace and the army rise up against him he'll have to pull a Yankovich and get outta dodge.

Oct 30, 2017

I think if Belarus has an open revolt, the gates open for Georgia and Chechnya as well. And then any other ex-Soviet state in that region will start looking over it's shoulder and thinking about new alliances.

We already know Dagestan had troops in Ukraine and lost a load that they are not happy about.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Yup this is what I've been saying, and why it annoys me when analysts say that Russia isn't completing its objectives. The civilian deaths ARE the objective at this point. I think Putin knows he can't win militarily now and wants so much blood that Zelensky will feel forced to agree to some deal where Russia gets part of Ukraine just to stop the civilian deaths.
The more civilians die, the more determined Ukrainians become to bring the perpetrators to justice.

Once again, I am watching the national nes marathon 24/7. it is a collab by all the major channels, owned by most of the major oligarchs. The mainstream.
There's not a single conciliatory note in the editorial policy to date. If anything, the official rhetoric is getting harsher.

Meaning, any compromises would have to be presented really carefully by Zelensky and co, because the public opinion could turn in a heartbeat.

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever's going on, I doubt Ukraine is a part of it. They've got enough on their plate already.

Really weird though. The president and the armed forces are against each other at this point.

I see some very sus looking pro-russian twitter accounts and reports of pro-russian telegram channels claiming this is just artillery drills, which makes me think something is up. Unclear what. if it was a false flag you would think they would be blaming Ukraine in stead of "its just drills, bro."

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I see some very sus looking pro-russian twitter accounts and reports of pro-russian telegram channels claiming this is just artillery drills, which makes me think something is up. Unclear what. if it was a false flag you would think they would be blaming Ukraine in stead of "its just drills, bro."
A city close to the Belorussian border, Sarny was hit by cruise missiles.

Those were most likely the sounds of missile launches

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
It's good that these people are hopefully getting somewhere safer, but this is also depopulation. Russia is cleansing areas of Ukrainian people one way or the other. Vile.
I hear where you're coming from, but them living is better than dying there. And no way in hell is Russia capturing that area for good.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

There was the idea to cut the power on large scale by getting control of all power plants.
I hope this makes it more complicated.

Oct 30, 2017
Putin called Ukrainians who fight back against his aggression "flies" earlier today.

He has ZERO regard for human life and will kill any and all innocent people to get his way. Kids, pregnant women, elderly - they are all flies to him. His own troops are just expendable toy soldiers to him - and if they flee or retreat, he'll probably punish their families in retaliation. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone. Generals, conscripts, mercs, doesn't matter. They will all be forced to die for this crazy bastard if they don't get the balls to take him out themselves.

He is giving Hitler a run for his money right now.

He's not talking about Ukranians, he's talking about Russians - anyone protesting against the war/kremlin/him.

Basically speedrunning north korea.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Is Lukanshenko popular in Belarus? I heard ancedotally that he wasn't but maybe that's changed over the last few weeks? If both the populace and the army rise up against him he'll have to pull a Yankovich and get outta dodge.

He would have been gone in 2020 if Putin didn't intervene. As it stands, the general population is simply cowed into submission. As for military coup… the issue is that Russian army is stationed throughout Belarus. As of today any attempts at coups would be swiftly smashed. Even with Russian army being a paper bear, belarussian army is severely weaker than the Ukrainian, they already are within city limits and they would have support from authorities.

Where we are now, coup is unlikely. If Putin continues bleeding units in Ukrainian, maybe that will change. General population would likely overwhelmingly support any attempts and ousting the regime

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
He's not talking about Ukranians, he's talking about Russians - anyone protesting against the war/kremlin/him.

Basically speedrunning north korea.

I think he's talking about Russian protestors and Ukrainians and any resistance groups in the region. He keeps trying to frame Ukraine as a Russian populace being undermined by Ukrainians.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
So, I cannot believe that I need to say this, but if you're going to post something gory then put it behind spoiler tags. We have members with conditions like PTSD as well as various traumas and extremely graphic footage can be triggering to people so please be considerate and put stuff like that behind spoiler tags.

Thank you.

Oct 27, 2017

The really valuable stuff tends not to be what's shoved in a grunts backpack. Even if Russia is able to secure an example, export constraints and lack of domestic industry means they'll struggle to produce an analogue.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
So, I cannot believe that I need to say this, but if you're going to post something gory then put it behind spoiler tags. We have members with conditions like PTSD as well as various traumas and extremely graphic footage can be triggering to people so please be considerate and put stuff like that behind spoiler tags.

Thank you.
Aye.

A lot of people go through life hoping they'll never have to see a real dead body or someone getting killed. Not an experience I'm eager to have myself.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Aye.

A lot of people go through life hoping they'll never have to see a real dead body or someone getting killed. Not an experience I'm eager to have myself.
I am one of those people, and with this war I saw things by accident I never wanted to see. Be real careful what you click on folks, I really wish I hadn't seen some of the stuff I have.

My best friend is not bothered by such graphic images, I don't know how she does it.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the old stuff is doing a fuckload of damage, so maybe those in higher numbers would actually be more effective.

If you mean the TB-2 drone they've been using, those are about the size of a Cessna. The Switchblades can be carried with an infantry unit, so different capabilities and uses. Though I'm sure the UA would love more TB-2s.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
If you mean the TB-2 drone they've been using, those are about the size of a Cessna. The Switchblades can be carried with an infantry unit, so different capabilities and uses. Though I'm sure the UA would love more TB-2s.
Yea that's what I meant.

I'm sure the US military has tons of inventory stashed that they themselves consider outdated, but the Ukrainians would kill to have.

Lastbroadcast

Jul 6, 2018
Sydney, Australia

Fucking hell. This was a wild speech even by Putin's standards, absolutely fascist in nature.

He's also having a go at the Oligarchs, which is a pretty good indication that he's trying to politically reposition himself against them (and that Putin is himself coming under big pressure).

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

Don't think Putin would authorize or approve of such a thing. Feels like someone local realized what a fuck up it was and took the initiative.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the fascism we see elsewhere is showing itself in Putin with zero filter.

This was who he always was. Always will be. Attempting to play nice with him was always destined to end this way.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Bit surprised they're giving away 600s. Those have been exclusively for US special forces teams so far afaik.
With how it's going for Russia, the US smells the chance of seriously crippling Russia for years to come, so it makes sense to pump every possible support into Ukraine, without becoming an active warring party.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Really? This conflict has given cursory interest in weapons systems and everywhere I looked S-400 was hyped up as some next level king of SAMs.

All this time, it was an S-300 with new radars?
It's pretty typical for the Russians to give an upgrade variant a new name to make it seem like a brand new, more capable thing.
The T-90 is a T-72 with a new turret, engine, and active protection system.
The Su-35 is an upgraded Su-27.
The MiG-35 is an upgraded MiG-29.
The AK-12 is basically a AK-74M with rails and some new furniture.