• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Indeed, real action would just be throwing them off the platform completely.

I always say this, but sadly their coverage in other places of the world is better. They do it because it hurts US sphere of influence, of course, but for example, Latam's RT coverage in the past few years was one of the few ways to know what Añez was doing in Bolivia against their own people. They also provided good coverage of the human rights crisis in Chile and Colombia. Few international outlets do extensive and in detail coverage in places like these, reasons pretty well known (Chileans are a bit more "privileged" in that sense, we did get a bit more than the others).

I'm not pleased to say that throwing them out of the entire world, which is something that will probably end up happening, wouldn't be good.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy how much change in such a short time, this is the be n of the biggest fuck up I ever seen, good job Putin.

pfkas

Jun 23, 2020
The fact that the eu are welcoming ukraine obviously runs counter to the lies that putin is telling his people. Do they think the eu are also nazis or that they would welcome nazis? If its possible to get that message to russian civ they may start to realise theyve been played.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bargaining Nuclear arsenal is a fool's errand, unless is full de-nuclearization, IMHO. There's little difference between 6k nukes and 600 nukes.
Yeah tbh I was thinking more it's their best chance to push for full de-nuclearization in general. Ofc I doubt it would happen anyway, wishful thinking and all that, but I do think it's the strongest position they'll have to barter for that in a while though when the financial sting really starts to hit.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

3iPYEs9.gif

Already bored to tears of their empty "Hey we might WAR you" talk in response to absolutely everything.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Bargaining Nuclear arsenal is a fool's errand, unless is full de-nuclearization, IMHO. There's little difference between 6k nukes and 600 nukes.
I agree in principle. But there is, if you're talking about the modality — SSBNs vs. ICBMs (vs. bombers). New START already limits the US and RUS to 700 deployed warheads. I am very curious if they're sticking to this as a transparent non-escalatory measure. It's something that STRATCOM is monitoring for sure.

I'm literally convinced the kremlin are a banana republic run by senile old dudes that should be retired at a nice beach resort and not running a country. Like it would explain the weird fucking demands with us to take its nukes, despite the fact that other European countries have nukes? Trying to say Ukraine has nukes. Like this some real I don't know what year it is shit.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Its crazy how much change in such a short time, this is the be n of the biggest fuck up I ever seen, good job Putin.
At what point does the narrative shift and the Russia bots/simps and the conspiracy whackos say that Russia being this inept was actually some 12D master chess move? It's obvious that wasn't the case, but it seems like the best way for the alternate facts people to justify this failure.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I always say this, but sadly their coverage in other places of the world is better. They do it because it hurts US sphere of influence, of course, but for example, Latam's RT coverage in the past few years was one of the few ways to know what Añez was doing in Bolivia against their own people. They also provided good coverage of the human rights crisis in Chile and Colombia. Few international outlets do extensive and in detail coverage in places like these, reasons pretty well known (Chileans are a bit more "privileged" in that sense, we did get a bit more than the others).

I'm not pleased to say that throwing them out of the entire world, which is something that will probably end up happening, wouldn't be good.

Yup. Its obviously super biased and often focuses on news that makes the US look bad…but its often news that should actually make the US look bad, lol. And like you mentioned their international news outside of this neo cold war sphere is pretty good.

You can still watch/read an RT article even if you gotta filter through the biases, and learn something even if its 'oh someone in the kremlin is in their feelings about this thus the slant of this article'. Its still takes its news much more serious than Fox, which is actually terrifying when you think about it.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I guess. I think western Russians would identify as European though.

Yeah, Russia is a European country that spread eastward over time. 70% of the Russian population is in Europe, with the Ural Mountains being the traditional Asia-Europe border.

Turkey is sort of the opposite situation since it's an Asian country that spread west through Anatolia until it ended up with a sliver of Europe near Istanbul/Constantinople.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
The fact that the eu are welcoming ukraine obviously runs counter to the lies that putin is telling his people. Do they think the eu are also nazis or that they would welcome nazis? If its possible to get that message to russian civ they may start to realise theyve been played.
Yes. The idea that the EU was run by some kind of secret Fourth Reich, and Angela Merkel the second coming of Hitler, did the rounds back during the Brexit days. To paraphrase a relative:
"They took over Europe without ever firing a shot!"

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
How will being prosecuted for war crimes even damage Russia at this point? Like what else can he be punished for that won't be through heavy sanctions.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm literally convinced the kremlin are a banana republic run by senile old dudes that should be retired at a nice beach resort and not running a country. Like it would explain the weird fucking demands with us to take its nukes, despite the fact that other European countries have nukes? Trying to say Ukraine has nukes. Like this some real I don't know what year it is shit.
The Russian angle is that the US is behind it all and that the Europeans are their puppets. That's how they frame basically every conflict. I said it before, but Putin has barely mentioned any EU nation, even though their actions have been much more devastating for Russia than what the US did. They want that division.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
How will being prosecuted for war crimes even damage Russia at this point? Like what else can he be punished for that won't be through heavy sanctions.
He won't ever be prosecuted. The military brass in general? I'd love to see it, since it might energize IHL enforcement beyond Spain indicting people via universal jurisdiction and nothing coming of it.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Russians already getting chased out of small cities. Even if they take kyiv this war is going nowhere for them

And that town didn't even get armed. What are they gonna do when every window and alley might have an AK and a molotov waiting in them? They can't occupy every street of the city with armor and aircraft support.