• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
as i am a much better person than all of you, i will just sit here and judge you all for your mean comments.

I feel sorry for the organisms that will eat his corpse.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First, we had a Nintendo Direct planned for today, and now Rush passed away?

Not a bad Wednesday at all

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
Ah, too bad he missed the coming decades of groundbreaking cancer-treatments and vaccines. So close!

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Rush ruined the relationship between me and my grandfather before my grandpa died.

hope it hurt.

I cut all contact with my dad and his side of the family because they just became walking mouthpieces for Rush. Just a constant spewing of nauseating trash repeated from their favorite radio host. This man literally ruined families and lives every single day of his existence. It's crazy how many similar stories I've heard like ours.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Such a hateful, toxic piece of shit that pushed so much nonsense and is one of the primary contributors to the political division we see today.

In his own words:
"Just another dead junkie"

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very saddened to hear. My prayers are with his loved ones. I hope others dont treat hate with hate. Will never celebrate a death, a creation of God. Sad indeed. I hope he was close to the Lord in the end.

6YKOSZ6.jpg

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Now the important thing is to make sure anyone worse (is that possible?) takes his place.

Is there a conservative toxic personality in radio that has that ability to be the next rush right now?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
One can only hope. Outside of death, their continually shrinking platforms is the only way to curtail the evil these people spout.

Yes, and at least on TV there's broadcast standards they have to commit to. Not so on radio.

Fortunately it's really only not-for-profit stations like NPR and local radio that's doing well right now. Traditional radio is pretty close to dead.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well... I certainly wouldn't celebrate his death (or anyone's really).

I really take no joy in it. But I can certainly say that the world is a much better place without him.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
One of Rush's most damaging legacies by far was downplaying the effects of smoking to such a large audience. I lost my grandma early to smoking while this guy ignored its risks over and over again while making fun of people with AIDs and Parkinson's so this piece of shit can fucking rot for all I care. His death is a net positive on the world.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
He's the biggest reason the Republican party went crazy here. His radio show was a huge influence on Fox News and radicalized a ton of people.

Have you ever thought the US is filled with hate-fueled dumbasses who have the intelligence of a brick and the empathy of a great white shark?

Well, all those people were listening to Limbaugh's 3 hour daily radio show since the 1980s.

He turned millions of normal conservatives into drooling, hate filled lunatics. He was Trump without the "charisma". Nothing was too extreme for him (assassinations, school shootings, insurrection, etc.).

I don't understand how that kind of hate speech can stay on air for years and find such an audiance. That's crazy. Rest in piss.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I don't believe in Hell, but I am posting this song for no particular reason. It's a good song. 🤘

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Well, he did have terminal lung cancer. A high-profile death, but not surprising either.

It's a horrible disease, but he's also a horrible person.