• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Imagine saying that "wishing" (aka same shit as thoughts and prayers) ill on this person makes one bad too. The sheer fucking lack of perspective riding in on that high horse of holier-than-thou-ness wielding "civility" as a baton for tone policing.

The sheer fucking nerve to condescend.

This. In order to feel sad for someone's death or illness, to me they need some kind of redeeming qualities. I would like to hear the people getting upset about this thread list off Rush's redeeming qualities. I personally can't find any. And then if you ask them what is the limit, are we supposed to feel bad when everyone dies, even Hitler or Bin Laden, the response is then "Are you really comparing Rush to Hitler/Bin Laden, OMG!?"

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This is like the famous "when they go low, we go high" stuff Hillary and the dems were saying about Trump. Look how that worked out.

This is the problem nowadays, with the left. You have an aggressive far right and alt right poisoning the minds of thousands through fake news and shit like "gLoBal WArmInG iS FaKE" to "own the libs", and yet the left still wants to play goody goody. That's the reason fascism, anti-science arguments and other crap is back in full force.

Agreed

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Rush on Greta's Autism:

"So she's out tweeting and politicizing, and she is free to lie and say whatever she wants to say about climate change and who's responsible for it. And nobody is permitted to question her, you see, because she has — what did they call it? She is in the autism spectrum, so you can't disagree, you can't question, because she's not well."

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
The basic human decency that some of y'all are preaching about that Rush will get is the necessary medical treatment for his cancer (and let's be honest -- he'll be able to pull out all the stops in terms of getting treatment, which is way more than too many others suffering from cancer can say). Getting treatment and not having it sabotaged or something is the limit to what I'm willing to say he deserves (and I'm okay with some people feeling like it's more than what he deserves).

But all this crap about feeling a certain way makes you a bad person - nah. That's bullshit. If someone wants people to feel sympathy, empathy, etc., they should try not being a total shithead. No one deserves your sympathy, warm feelings, or whatever.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
From Reddit (hopefully hasn't been posted already)

alr4o0iyywe41.jpg

Holy fuck this is some kind of All-in-One hate talking all in 1 guy. He can get fucked.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I used to watch his syndicated television show as a teenager, on weekends in the mid-90s. It would air between the local news and the "Action Pack" block of shows like Hercules/Xena and Vanishing Son, so I'd get an unhealthy does of Clinton hate and right-wing conservatism while waiting for my stories to come on.

And that's the nicest thing I have to say about Rush Limbaugh.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I wonder if people were this divided about the misfortune of another shitheel when Roger Ailes slipped and cracked his head opened.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit confused after reading some the excerpts people here have included about the things Limbaugh has said about both smoking and lung cancer. Like, if he doesn't believe any of this stuff, why is he announcing that he has lung cancer? Why didn't he just receive the diagnosis from the Doctors, say, "Fake news, I don't believe you, this is a liberal conspiracy to hurt our noble tobacco industry," and then just keep merrily going along until he coughed up a lung, and attribute that to "Too much partyin' with the ladies, y'know what I'm saying" with a grin and a wink?

I mean, if he's spent ALL this time saying it's a sham, why even admit it now, rather than just say "I may be taking some time off for personal matters from time to time." Isn't him announcing he has lung cancer basically admitting in public he was wrong?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
This fucker brainwashed my grandmother into a ranting loon and it destroyed my relationship with her. Fuck him.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cancer sucks, I should know. I was diagnosed and defeated it.

But fuck Rush. Karma is a bitch, no sympathy for someone who was actively spewing hate at me because I'm a minority. Thoughts and prayers.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
This fucker brainwashed my grandmother into a ranting loon and it destroyed my relationship with her. Fuck him.
I'm really sorry to hear this. But this is definitely a reality for millions of Americans. And non-Americans too: various far-right talkshow media and publications around the world (e.g. Murdoch) are responsible for endless suffering.

Not quite a loon, but my father became intolerable in the last few years of his life, from watching almost non-stop cable news anti-left propaganda.

He died of cancer not long ago. So yeah, I have a lot of intense mixed feelings about someone like Rush Limbaugh suffering the same fate.

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
Briefly caught some daily dose of American poison (Fox News) at lunch today. They were reading off mean spirited tweets about Rush and reacting exactly how the network that feeds into that entire system would react. I don't wish death on him, or cancer for that matter, but I know some of y'all are gonna be upset that I'm pointing out how talking like that just feeds the hate machine.

Obviously the solution is not having progaganda networks prop up extremists, but this is the world we live in right now.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't have happened to a worse person. May his end come slow. The planet will be better off without him.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
All of this high horse shit when this man has irreparably damaged 40% this country to ruin. Sad.

Why are people even concerned with "looking good"?

All these "we go high when they go low" shit is weak as fuck. This aint no run of the mill dude that some people may not like. This dude was fucking human trash and he isn't entitled to anyone's empathy. He actively made the lives of many people miserable and worked to deny people the very care his millions will afford him to get.

There aren't many people that get this kind of response out of the populace. The fact that he is getting it says all you need to know about the guy. And the people saying we're better than this. Well, I'm not and I dont feel bad about that at all.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm a bit confused after reading some the excerpts people here have included about the things Limbaugh has said about both smoking and lung cancer. Like, if he doesn't believe any of this stuff, why is he announcing that he has lung cancer? Why didn't he just receive the diagnosis from the Doctors, say, "Fake news, I don't believe you, this is a liberal conspiracy to hurt our noble tobacco industry," and then just keep merrily going along until he coughed up a lung, and attribute that to "Too much partyin' with the ladies, y'know what I'm saying" with a grin and a wink?

I mean, if he's spent ALL this time saying it's a sham, why even admit it now, rather than just say "I may be taking some time off for personal matters from time to time." Isn't him announcing he has lung cancer basically admitting in public he was wrong?

The stat I just googled is that 90 percent of lung cancer is caused by smoking, so you can still get lung cancer without smoking, though it's rare. But Rush is a smoker, so you could never prove that his cancer was not smoking related like you could if a non-smoker gets lung cancer. With that said, Rush may still believe that his lung cancer was not caused by smoking. He's a global warming denier, so he may just reject the stats and findings outright like he does other science that conflicts with his views. His quote about Greta was pretty telling, he doesn't even seem to know what autism or the autism spectrum is. The guy seems like a dumbass who is good at brainwashing and spewing hatred/racism but not much else (same with Hannity, etc.).

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

because he's a grifter.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This person has spread hateful shit and rhetoric for a very long time. He doesn't deserve any of my empathy and sympathy.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't thought about him since the early Obama says.

Feels like other crazier racist shitbags who are better at presenting themselves got the jump on him and got to a wider audience then he could

Oct 27, 2017
Briefly caught some daily dose of American poison (Fox News) at lunch today. They were reading off mean spirited tweets about Rush and reacting exactly how the network that feeds into that entire system would react. I don't wish death on him, or cancer for that matter, but I know some of y'all are gonna be upset that I'm pointing out how talking like that just feeds the hate machine.

Obviously the solution is not having progaganda networks prop up extremists, but this is the world we live in right now.

I don't know why FOX lathering up its cultists would be any worse than the shit they pull 24/7.

The Conservative media puke-funnel made hay from Obama eating mustard and wearing a tan suit. They hyperventilated for days about "terrorist fist-jabs" so I am confident in saying that a sense of victimhood and righteous anger within the cult isn't predicated on objective reality or logical consistency

Deleted member 18502

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cancer gets cancer, personally I kinda feel sorry for the lung cancer having to be in such a gross person.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

The "hate machine" doesn't need fuel. It feeds itself.

if literally nobody said a single bad thing about Rush in the wake is this news, they would just make shit up to feed to their followers. And those idiots would eat it up.

Deleted member 11046

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exactly. If they weren't talking about mean tweets they'd be talking about the Democratic coup or an inappropriate half time show or someone sitting or kneeling during the anthem or whatever nonsense. And I bet every one of them follow Trump and are silent to a word on the grotesque messages he's subjected the entire country and world to.

Even amongst themselves Republicans don decency only as a conduit to attack the left. Their moral outrage is fake and should be dismissed wholesale as performance theater. No one should give a shit about what they're pretending to give a shit about because they will feign offense at whatever the left is doing.

Stop. Buying. Into. Their. Act.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017

if literally nobody said a single bad thing about Rush in the wake is this news, they would just make shit up to feed to their followers. And those idiots would eat it up.

They actually did that when Vince Vaughn shook hands with Trump. A small number of people got mad on Twitter but Right Wing Personalities/Blogs/Fox News got way way more outraged about that than the initial outrage. Fox News even posted an "angry" tweet from a dude who works for a conservative publication who was jokingly acting outraged. A dumb and insigificant thing all to feed the persecuation complex Fox wants their audience to have.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
They actually did that when Vince Vaughn shook hands with Trump. A small number of people got mad on Twitter but Right Wing Personalities/Blogs/Fox News got way way more outraged about that than the initial outrage. Fox News even posted an "angry" tweet from a dude who works for a conservative publication who was jokingly acting outraged. A dumb and insigificant thing all to feed the persecuation complex Fox wants their audience to have.

Yup. How many of their 'controversies' are made up; my personal favorite was the New Black Panthers with members in the dozens come to terrorize white families

It's basically a gang of evil people who have to justify their evil because the other side is as bad/worse through feedback loop to make what they are saying seem not abhorent

That's the crazy shit, we are being dickheads to a guy dying of a fucked disease and it pales to the right wing hate media he helped pioneer. People shocked at the responses when these statements are an avg tuesday on his show, lol

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
It's basically a gang of evil people who have to justify their evil because the other side is as bad/worse through feedback loop to make what they are saying seem not abhorent
Then years pass, they forget that the stuff they made up was, you know, made up, and then do those terrible things in the name of "fairness".

Haven't thought about him since the early Obama says.

Feels like other crazier racist shitbags who are better at presenting themselves got the jump on him and got to a wider audience then he could
I think it's more like Limbaugh's work was done. He was one of the architects of psychopathic far-right ideology. He helped prime people for the mentality of Trumpism and there's not much more Limbaugh could do or say to add to it.

People shouldn't forget how big and influential Limbaugh was from the 80s through the 2000s. The man is officially one of the main reasons Your Grandma Turned Into a Racist Monster.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Imagine saying that "wishing" (aka same shit as thoughts and prayers) ill on this person makes one bad too. The sheer fucking lack of perspective riding in on that high horse of holier-than-thou-ness wielding "civility" as a baton for tone policing.

The sheer fucking nerve to condescend.
The right will always use the left's innate civility as a cudgel against them.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that nobody deserves cancer, because it's too slow to destroy the life of a human being like Rush.

Nobody deserves to end up with such a hateful, blinded, misguided, delusional, maniacal, disgusting mind like Rush. Yet, this is our reality.

Oct 28, 2017
Am I right to presume he has attacked universal healthcare, thus trying to deny this right to others who suffer from cancer, whilst himself benefiting from healthcare that he has used to pay for with the money of the aforementioned?

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I think it's more like Limbaugh's work was done. He was one of the architects of psychopathic far-right ideology. He helped prime people for the mentality of Trumpism and there's not much more Limbaugh could do or say to add to it.

People shouldn't forget how big and influential Limbaugh was from the 80s through the 2000s. The man is officially one of the main reasons Your Grandma Turned Into a Racist Monster.

Not only it is mission accomplished, but we have a white, racist, Republican President instead of a black, non-racist, Democratic President. The talk radio environment has been pretty quiet and has been playing defense with impeachment and other scandals. As soon as we have a Democratic or minority President (or dare both), they will start losing their minds again and things like Glenn Beck pretending to light someone on fire will be the norm again. Hopefully by then Rush is long gone.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Woof, lung cancer gonna need a good PR firm after this. "We swear we didn't know who he was until were already committed."

One immediate good that may come of this is increased funding for lung cancer research and treatment.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
"Nobody deserves cancer."

Wouldn't you say that someone who heavily smoked his whole life, not only wilfully ignoring the well established science discouraging this, but also using his powerful position and influence to actively spread the harmful message that smoking doesn't cause cancer...infact deserve cancer? Dude earned that cancer.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Am I right to presume he has attacked universal healthcare, thus trying to deny this right to others who suffer from cancer, whilst himself benefiting from healthcare that he has used to pay for with the money of the aforementioned?
He believes people with with pre-existing conditions should not be insurable. That's "like buying home insurance while your house is burning." Missing the fact that you can still buy home insurance if your previous home burns to the ground.

He believes insurance in this country is an entitlement, though 'no one wants to call it that.'

He has been leading the charge of changing the labels of single payer healthcare or universal healthcare to socialized medicine or government healthcare.

As the 12th highest paid "celebrity" he assuredly will have a much easier and comfortable death than many. His cancerous rhetoric will outlive him.
--
The stupidest thing I've heard many people parrot, is that the solution in the middle east is "total and complete victory." Whatever that means. He argued that no nation has ever lived comfortably, safely and happily with other nations without "total victory."

"Nobody deserves cancer."

Wouldn't you say that someone who heavily smoked his whole life, not only wilfully ignoring the well established science discouraging this, but also using his powerful position and influence to actively spread the harmful message that smoking doesn't cause cancer...infact deserve cancer? Dude earned that cancer.
Yep. He even convinced many that second hand smoke is completely harmless.