• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just remember, just because he has cancer, it doesn't change who he is.

You can still think cancer sucks, and think that he sucks. But saying that he deserves it though is another story as its insensitive not to him, but to the people who have suffered from, or known others who have.

Fuck Rush Limbaugh, but not because he has cancer.

Just like how you can pick apart the differences between the cancer and the individual you can pick apart the differences between those who don't deserve cancer and those that most likely do.

Flush this turd down the toilet.

Simon Belmont

Oct 25, 2017
I will say it one last time:

IT IS NEVER OK TO CELEBRATE CANCER. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SYMPATHIZE WITH OR FEEL BAD FOR RUSH. HE IS NOT A GOOD PERSON, BUT IT IS NEVER EVER OK TO CELEBRATE CANCER OR TO WISH THE WORST TOWARDS A CANCER VICTIM LIKE MANY POSTS IN THIS THREAD HAVE. NO ONE HERE GET TO DECIDE WHO HAS AND HASN'T "EARNED" CANCER. NO ONE HERE GET TO SAY WHO DESERVES TO SUFFER. THAT IS GROSS. THERE IS NO EXCEPTION. NO ONE DESERVES CANCER. CANCER DESERVES NO ONE. THERE IS NO OTHER ACCEPTABLE OPINION.

And that is my last post. I am very disappointed in this community. It breaks my heart to see the mod staff downplay such garbage as "childish venting." I don't know why I came into this thread. I don't care about Rush, and I sort of knew what the response was going to be. I guess I just wanted to be proven wrong. How foolish of me. I'm sort of upset that I have to even write this. The last thing I would ever want to do is stick up for Rush Limbaugh of all people, but here I am.

I hope none of you ever have to experience such a terrible thing. Not directly. Not indirectly. For those of you who are, you have my thoughts and prayers for whatever that's worth. I hope you and your loved ones all find happiness and good health. No one deserves to go through that.

Hey fella you don't get to tell me what I can or cannot say on any topic, but you particularly don't when it comes to the topic of cancer.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's a awful human being, but I'm not going to celebrate him getting cancer because cancer is worse than Rush.

Fuck Cancer

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Rush is a trash person. That being said cancer scares the absolute shit out of me. I feel it disrespectful to the people who have been affected personally by it to wish it on anyone, but I understand people's anger towards this man. I hope somehow we can figure out how to rid the world of it :(. Fuck life is scary.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is.. I don't know what to see or even feel about this, Cancer sucks I would not wish cancer on anyone.. I lost an Uncle that I loved to Cancer it's a horrible horrible disease, and what it and chemo does to you I just can't wish on anyone. But on the other hand this is Rush Limbaugh who is a very very horrible person.. I guess the only thing I can pray for is that he goes with out suffering when he does pass away from this. That is the nicest thing that I can say.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I guess the best you can hope for is that this experience teaches him some things about empathy and gives him a new perspective on some things, though from what little I know of him that probably isn't the likeliest outcome.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
There's no way he'll ever gets what he deserves.

But this is probably as close as we'll get.

Oct 27, 2017
This kind of shitposting disrespects people who got cancer and didn't deserve "comeuppance". My father didn't deserve me having to pick him up off the floor because he fell and could no longer move, or lose the use of the left side of his body, or the pain and rashes of treatments, or the final cycle of being physically twisted into a shadow of his former self before finally dying. Cancer is not comeuppance, I can assure you.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Arguable. We could have potentially solved cancer, or at the very least made further advances, had it not been for the policies and politics people like this piece of shit are responsible for. He only has himself to blame.
Yeah, I'm not going to cry any tears for him. It's sort of insane how long he's been around.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I guess the best you can hope for is that this experience teaches him some things about empathy and gives him a new perspective on some things, though from what little I know of him that probably isn't the likeliest outcome.

Don't bother. Dude has an addiction to painkillers and still shit on others who were struggling through the same thing. If he has any sort of empathy for others he's made damn sure not to show it publicly.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
This kind of shitposting disrespects people who got cancer and didn't deserve "comeuppance". My father didn't deserve me having to pick him up off the floor because he fell and could no longer move, or lose the use of the left side of his body, or the pain and rashes of treatments, or the final cycle of being physically twisted into a shadow of his former self before finally dying. Cancer is not comeuppance, I can assure you.

Sorry for your loss. Watched it take my father too. 32 years old was way, way too young.

I'm 5 years older than my own dad was when he died.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I wish no suffering upon Rush, or any other human being for that matter, and I hope he can pass in painlessness surrounded by his loved ones.

and when that happens, the world will be a tangibly better place

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Cancer fucking sucks.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't wish cancer on anyone, it's a horrible disease. But people like Rush Limbaugh are a cancer on American society, so, I hope it takes him quick.

This isn't a knock against you, but what exactly is a pleasant disease to die from?

What makes cancer so special compared to say HIV

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can think of worse, like people celebrating news like this.

I seriously just can't even wrap my head around this type of shit. The only thing I can grasp at is the foolish feeling that political views can't be morally wrong, or at the least must be accepted and tolerated.

This man straight up dedicated his life to being an evil hate spewing piece of shit. He has actively corrupted the hearts and minds of an incalculable number of people, spreading his hate like a disease, all to line his own pockets. There is nothing else to call him other than evil. I would certainly caution against enjoying the suffering of others. But, celebrating the death of evil doesn't make one evil. That is fucking nonsense.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I believe he was a heavy cigar smoker at least back in the day. As a young kid in the 90s I followed him due to my upbringing but its been decades since I have and honestly I am surprised he is still around. Certainly not something you wish on anyone.. but I hope he learns some lessons through this process. I have my doubts

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

People said the same thing when he was going through rehab. He lived as a shitty person, went far out of his way to do that actually, and will die and be remembered as a shitty person.

Oct 28, 2017
Considering he was a heavy smoker and was also a huge douchebag who convinced millions of Americans that smoking does not, in fact, cause lung cancer and is just a liberal media conspiracy, this is as close as we're going to get to justice.

I don't really have any empathy for a man who actively indulged in his vices and tried to convince others that said vices were not, in fact, vices.

I don't really care if you have people you know die from lung cancer. He's probably a serious indirect (or direct if that person was one of those people who kept telling you smoking wasn't that bad) cause to their death because almost no other conservative had as much reach as him. It is ridiculous how much power he had, just about every conservative shock jock on radio is based on him no matter what English speaking country you live in.

Last edited:

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Rush is a truly evil person. He is cancer.

Not many people have harmed America, and therefore the world, more than this cretin. Rot, you fuck.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Just lost a friend's 14 year old to cancer. If death does come I hope it's a swift death to spare himself and his family. I also sincerely hope he has a change of heart and recants all the scummy things he's done for money and admits to all the lies as a last-minute hail mary to avoid hell.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Arguable. We could have potentially solved cancer, or at the very least made further advances, had it not been for the policies and politics people like this piece of shit are responsible for. He only has himself to blame.

as a bioengineering researcher, I can pretty much assume that if we had had progressive science politics in the USA the last 30 years, we would have way better cancer treatments today. Too much cancer research is gatekept by weak amounts of research funding and resources. If we dedicated our military budget to health R&D instead, we would have maybe solved the cancer crisis by now. Rush worked to stifle science research with amplifying conservative ideology upon the masses, tbh.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for your loss that sounds horrible. Just want to say I appreciate the mods leniency in this thread. Rush was/Is a horrible person and whilst I don't think it is right to celebrate anyone getting cancer, the man is evil personified. It just saddens me that he was able to twist so many impressionable minds with his hate spewing diatribe.

Dec 16, 2017
as a bioengineering researcher, I can pretty much assume that if we had had progressive science politics in the USA the last 30 years, we would have way better cancer treatments today. Too much cancer research is gatekept by weak amounts of research funding and resources. If we dedicated our military budget to health R&D instead, we would have maybe solved the cancer crisis by now. Rush worked to stifle science research with amplifying conservative ideology upon the masses, tbh.

Rush appears to just not believe in science, assuming he wasn't being paid to say second hand smoke wasn't 'real.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
This isn't a knock against you, but what exactly is a pleasant disease to die from?

HIV is not the best disease to compare it to. Well at least not anymore. HIV has become manageable through drug treatments to a degree we only dream of for cancer. Cancer is just either you are extremely lucky and get treated quick enough and its in a non spreadable place, or
you have pretty much signed your death sentence and years of agony through chemo and the such, to end up dying as it eats away at your body

I feel no sympathy for Rush. He had a hand in a lot of the policies and politics that have prevented the advancement of medicine (stem cell research in particular) that could have aided in the finding of a cure or better treatment for such an illness. Too many around me have had to deal with this crap already.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if that isn't the definition of what comes around goes around I don't know xD.
----
Based on my own experiences I can't say I particularly agree that you shouldn't celebrate the suffering of truly horrible people. To deny that is disrespectful to the many that have suffered at their hands. Sometimes that's the only thing a lot of victims get given that the people that dish out this type of suffering generally live in unbelievable high privilege.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I wouldn't wish cancer upon anyone, but if he went and got it all on his own, who am I to complain?

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
One of the worst people currently alive and led the charge of right wing propaganda and the conservative takeover of talk radio when the fairness doctrine was thrown out. He's said so much vile, evil, racist, sexist shit these last few decades. I remember that bitch telling his audience of millions that smoking does not cause cancer. Maybe Barack the Magic Negro can whip you up some new lungs, eh rush?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

???

Calling cancer a horrible disease doesn't mean there are "pleasant" diseases. Yes, all diseases are horrible, but cancer is particularly deadly, even compared to HIV. HIV is actually pretty manageable these days. Advanced stage lung cancer is practically a death sentence. Kinda mind boggling I have to explain this to you, but here we are.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Cancerous man has cancer. I don't feel bad in the slightest.

You could trace a lot of the problems with the political right almost directly through this one man.

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't wish cancer upon anyone, but if he went and got it all on his own, who am I to complain?

He's probably one of the few times I can say deserves what he's getting.

This isn't some dude randomly getting a disease. This is a guy who used his huge platform over many decades trying to discredit the severity of smoking because he was a tool who loved to indulge in his vices whether that be painkillers or smoking.

This is like if Jenny McCarthy got polio. Absolutely no sympathy.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
About 25 years ago, my dad, as a 50ish year old man, decided he'd buy some cigars (never having smoked) because Limbaugh smoked them, and I guess he wanted some of that conservative stardust by proxy. So he lit up, smoked for a bit, and then puked his guts out shortly after. My mom and I, who were both pissed at the stench and stupidity of it, were silently chortling. Fortunately, he decided that was enough direct emulation of that shitstain Limbaugh, and gave up after that on cigars. No sympathy for Limbaugh, who actively contributed to making this country coarser and uglier. I hope his treatment is painful, lengthy, and futile.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

It is only considered a 'comeuppance' after the fact because, as aforementioned, no one can wish cancer upon another and have it be fulfilled. Deriding folks who "wish" for something terrible on an atrocious filth is in someway acknowledging the possibility that developing the ailment and "wishing" are somehow actually linked.

My aunt died of lung cancer over a decade ago and she never even smoked. I was told that she looked like an emaciated bag of bones by the end. The price cancer extracts from the one who has it and their family is always tragic. But my aunt was an average and decent human being and a caring mother whose words and deeds did not perpetuate hatred that wrecked lives of some and kept others disenfranchised.

As I said before, I lack magnanimity and perhaps that makes me an asshole. For Rush, cancer does not mean certain death. If this degenerate can come out the other end with empathy, then we are all better for it.

Edit: Btw, I am sorry for your loss.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
It sucks when bad things happen to good people.

And it seems like nowadays good things happen to a lot of bad people.

But this is a case of something bad happening to a bad person.