• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you want another Rush Hour?

• Yes

Votes: 142 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 97 39.1%
  • Only with new leads

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Yes Bad Boy 3 insipred me to make this thread. It turned out pretty good! And so my fear of shit late sequels is now broken.

So if the original cast was back (without Ratner directing ), would you want it? And who would you want directing?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like if Jackie Chan gets one more injury because of jumping through a step ladder he'll explode on the spot.

Dec 31, 2017
Yes but both Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are senior cops who have to show Jon Boyega and Oscar Isaac the ropes.

Apr 24, 2018
I didn't like Rush Hour 3 that much from what I recall, but it'd be nice to see Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker back in action. Hopefully the writing is good!

I miss Jackie Chan but I feel like it's too late now
I've been wanting to see a Jackie Chan movie again for the past couple of months. Planning to see Police Story 1 and 2 (for the first time), once I get a chance!

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Bad Boys was dead, so bring it on lol, the entire selling point for me was the comedy between Tucker and Chan anyways.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's already in pre-production.

Ratner is producing. Not sure if he's going to direct though.

tenor.gif

Nov 2, 2017
I know Jackie Chan usually does his own stunts but he's getting up in age. Idk how I feel about a Rush Hour film where he doesn't get to do them.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
Fukk. Yes. I don't care who directs it, or if there's less action and stunts in it, I just both Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan together again.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I just remembered there was a 3rd. So probably not. I like 1 and 2, or at least remember liking them, so maybe the 3rd was better than I thought? Been so long.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the leads are old as hell, the original (and best) two are linked to a known Hollywood creep, and the third sequel was lame as fuck, I don't have high hopes.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
No. 3 was ass and jackie chan is too old to do those crazy stunts

But fuck a reboot too. Theyd get kevin hart who is both 1/5th as funny as tucker and the size too

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Rush Hour 3 was one of the most cynically awful sequels I've ever seen, so bad I turned it off halfway through when I caught it on cable many years ago. And as much as I enjoyed 1 and 2 back in the day the franchise also has the permanent stench of Brett Ratner all over it who drugged and raped a woman with his pal Russell Simmons, so um, no thanks?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Wait there's a Rush Hour 3!?

I mean I remember going to see a Rush Hour 3 in theater but it must have been an elaborate hoax because the actual movie is wiped from my memory.

ZoSo006

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
We need another one if only to have the series end on a better note then whatever the fuck 3 was supposed to be.

I would love to see e a final Chan/Wilson Shanghai team up as well.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stopped caring about Jackie Chan when he turned out to be a big CCP shill, fucking disgusting.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, yes we do. Jackie Chan has aged, but somehow he's still able to pull of a ton of crazy stunts to this day. And Tucker and Chan had some of the best chemistry n this type of film. Just don't recycle the script again and please, do not have some of those terrible jokes of 3. Both actors were still terrific, just the script let them out quite a bit.

I miss Jackie Chan but I feel like it's too late now

He's still pumping them out, not amazing films, but I recently purchased The Knight of Shadows, Bleeding Steel and a bunch of others on blu-ray here in the Netherlands.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A hypothetical RH4 would have to be produced by a (mostly) different crew and take a different approach in order for it to be good IMO. For better and/or for worse, Bay is a auteur in his own right with the films he directs; and him not returning to the series was a significant factor that allowed the third Bad Boys film as we know it now to get made. (Likewise, this also applies to Transformers regarding Bumblebee).

Rumors frequently suggest Brett Ratner (who's directed the past three films) would be coming back if a fourth film does get made. And while I can't definitively predict who would be brought on to write the movie, I would personally highlight the possibility of him bringing back Jeff Nathanson (who did the story/screenplay for RH2 and RH3, as well as co-wrote Ratner's Tower Heist) to pen the story/script for a fourth movie.

If you let them come back to helm another movie, it will probably make Rush Hour 3 look like Beverly Hills Cop in comparison. I'd rather just leave the series alone. Come up with a spiritual successor if we really need another film of this type to be made.

SpoonSpatula

Oct 27, 2017
Rush Hour 3 even turned the series' customary blooper reel into a chore. What a colossal disappointment that movie was.

I've also lost track of how many times their relationship has been hot/cold. The one year they're bickering/accusing one another of holding up the deal because of salary demands, the next year they're all buddy buddy, etc.

But all is not lost - at least we were blessed by news of National Treasure 3 today.

Last edited: