• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

You read the damn thread title:

• Lethal Weapon 1 & 2

Votes: 234 52.3%
  • Rush Hour 1 & 2

Votes: 213 47.7%

• Total voters

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that this even has to be a poll is embarrassing. The first two Lethal Weapon films are Shane Black, Richard Donner action movie classics while the Rush Hour films are typical throw away Brett Ratner garbage.

*looks at poll*

wtf Era

K, so TIL 47.5% of Era hasn't seen Lethal Weapon 1 and 2.

Dec 22, 2017

bli52Nt.jpg

OP
OP
L Thammy

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I posted this thread, because otherwise I wouldn't know how many people are apparently baffled by the world they've somehow stumbled into.

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Here is a better question, Die Hard or Lethal weapon, Which is the better movie series?

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
It's just like, they had the whole jumper scene, but they never established anyone "seeing the whole thing", and then out of no where they're like "Oh yeah, this working girl Dixie saw it, let's go see what she has to say". And then they blow her up before we can even see her face

Dixie was actually shown at the crime scene earlier in the movie, when Murtaugh first arrived. She is established at this point, verbatim, as a witness. "Had a jumper here last night, Dixie was walking by and saw the whole thing."

It's a short scene, but I think it plays into the fact that Murtaugh really doesn't think she's that important at the time and totally shrugs her off. Most movies now would focus on her way too much, to the point where you immediately think "oh yeah, she knows SOMETHING!"

Here's the scene:

https://streamable.com/q4lws

It's kind of the same thing with the driveby shotgunning -- it isn't that the event itself is impossibly unworkable, but not only is there no establishing scene of the bad guys following the duo, there's not even a scene of the cops beforehand saying "Hey, maybe we should go ask around with the working girls." I can't even remember the prior scene off of the top of my head, but I remember the feeling of it being totally incongruous with Riggs and Murtaugh casually walking around, being the victims of a driveby, and then delivering the body armor twist like it was all planned out.

This was kind of established too, at least them being attacked is. The scene right before the driveby includes Busey and his boss saying they need to "turn up the heat" on the police, after they kill Michael Hunsaker and saw he was speaking with Riggs & Murtaugh.

https://streamable.com/nx53u

As far as questioning prostitutes, they needed to get a new lead after Dixie was murdered.

The driveby takes place only 2 scenes after she was murdered. It went:

1. Dixie murdered
  2. Hunsaker interview/murder
  3. Driveby. (And Riggs even asks the prostitute that he's looking for a guy who hung around with Dixie.)

And them wearing body armor makes sense, since they're police. And no need to have a pointless scene showing the bad guys following Riggs. These are good criminals, I'm sure they can tail someone who isn't trying to hide.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Dixie was actually shown at the crime scene earlier in the movie, when Murtaugh first arrived. She is established at this point, verbatim, as a witness. "Had a jumper here last night, Dixie was walking by and saw the whole thing."

It's a short scene, but I think it plays into the fact that Murtaugh really doesn't think she's that important at the time and totally shrugs her off. Most movies now would focus on her way too much, to the point where you immediately think "oh yeah, she knows SOMETHING!"

Here's the scene:

https://streamable.com/q4lws
Hah wow, I didn't remember that at all until "All dressed up and no one the blow"

This was kind of established too, at least them being attacked is. The scene right before the driveby includes Busey and his boss saying they need to "turn up the heat" on the police, after they kill Michael Hunsaker and saw he was speaking with Riggs & Murtaugh.

https://streamable.com/nx53u

As far as questioning prostitutes, they needed to get a new lead after Dixie was murdered.

The driveby takes place only 2 scenes after she was murdered. It went:

1. Dixie murdered
  2. Hunsaker interview/murder
  3. Driveby. (And Riggs even asks the prostitute that he's looking for a guy who hung around with Dixie.)

And them wearing body armor makes sense, since they're police. And no need to have a pointless scene showing the bad guys following Riggs. These are good criminals, I'm sure they can tail someone who isn't trying to hide.
Alright, you're right. I guess I wasn't paying as much attention to it as I thought I was last time I watched it.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing crazier than the premise of the thread is the fact it's actually a close call. What is even going on???