• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Neil Peart is the drummer I aspire to be. He's a legend. Total bummer.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just yesterday I told myself that I really needed to finally listen to Rush... RIP

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it. People debate greatest vocalist, guitarist, bassist all the time, but from everything I've read he had pretty much a lock on greatest drummer

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
RIP. I was lucky enough to see him once and he was incredible.

I've seen every tour since Power Windows in the early 80s except the final tour. They weren't near by and I didn't want to travel.

Now we know why he had to stop touring. Fuck cancer. World lost a beautiful spirit today.

OP
OP
CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My Dad is a HUGE Rush fan and he is really bummed about the news. They will never be a Drummer like Neil or a Band like Rush.

Core Zero

Oct 25, 2017
Rush is one of my favorite bands and Neil's playing got me to have a much deeper appreciation for drumming.

RIP

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
67 seems so young... my mother is 65. Shit.

RIP one of the greats.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
The epitome of legend. So young. So much talent in one human being now gone. Makes me sad that soon all these true legends will leave forever.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
RIP, he was an amazing drummer. I could take or leave a lot of Rush stuff, mostly because of the lyrics but those guys could play.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Damn, that really sucks. I really recommend checking out the documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. It's a great doc and really well done. I'm not even a big RUSH fan and I enjoyed it a lot. It covers pretty much their whole career and does a great job of telling their story.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
Sad news, RIP. My best friend from Jr. High is probably devastated right now. I saw Rush for their Grace Under Pressure tour. I can do without some of Peart's Ayn Randian-lyricism, but he was one of the greatest drummers ever.

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Dammit......

I know what I'm listening to on the ride home tonight.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Every time a legendary drummer dies, I grow a little more world weary.

Jeff Porcaro, Jon Bonham, and now Neil are gone. Steve Gadd and Stewart Copeland are still around, right? How about Purdie?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I've seen every tour since Power Windows in the early 80s except the final tour.
That's a lot of Rush concerts.
I saw Rush twice in the 80s. They really worked their ass off. It's tough for a 3 man group, especially when they create such complex music. Touring was always extremely important to the band.