• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that surprised. I adore Bimini, but WOW and Ru will always go for the easily marketable winner. Bimini is a bit too edgy and left leaning to kiki with Meghan McCain on The View. That being said, I love Lawrence and am really happy for her. I hope she can enjoy her win and make something fun with WOW. Also anyone comparing Lawrence to Kandy is absolutely rotted. Lawrence is on another level just by virtue of having a small degree of self awareness and humility.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao twists like this is why I love drag race. Everyone was expecting a bimini crowning and Ru just side swerved lol

I think it's great that a big girl won, and Lawrence was an absolute contender for the crown despite the dip in performance following the break. I just hope we don't end up with a Tyra situation where the fans crush Lawrence's soul out of spite for their favorite now winning.
It wasn't even a twist though, Lawrence has been heavily favored by Ru and production the entire season.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that surprised. I adore Bimini, but WOW and Ru will always go for the easily marketable winner. Bimini is a bit too edgy and left leaning to kiki with Meghan McCain on The View. That being said, I love Lawrence and am really happy for her. I hope she can enjoy her win and make something fun with WOW. Also anyone comparing Lawrence to Kandy is absolutely rotted. Lawrence is on another level just by virtue of having a small degree of self awareness and humility.
How can you say this when Sharon Needles, Sasha Velour, Aquaria, and Yvie Oddly all sit among the winners circle

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
I have not seen the finale yet (I didn't know when it aired in the UK so being spoiled is my fault), however there's far more to be mined from Bimini as a runner-up than as a winner.

Runner-ups come back.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
It makes zero sense to roll out a narrative where the winner actually was a poor performer and acted as a entitled brat in the 3 eps. What kind of narrative is that?

Yeah, I'm not pressed about Lawrence winning, but it was a weird post-COVID arc if that was to be the outcome.

It's terrible, but my first thought was that a big girl winning DRUK might spare us from a Kandy Muse win.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Happy if either won. So not mad about Lawrence.

overall this was one of the best seasons of drag race. Can't wait for the inevitable international winners all stars.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not pressed about Lawrence winning, but it was a weird post-COVID arc if that was to be the outcome.

It's terrible, but my first thought was that a big girl winning DRUK might spare us from a Kandy Muse win.
Yeah I'm cool with Lawrence winning but Kandy beating Symone would be disastrous. Unlike Lawrence, Kandy has been thoroughly average this whole competition.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Lawrence's pantodame look alone>>>>

(And that wasn't even her best runway!)

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They were both worthy winners. The reaction to these two is much more dramatic in comparison to US because the competition there has been much more lopsided over the past several seasons.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the challenges on this show, this particular type where they have to write lyrics and "sing" are easily my least favourite. It always bugs me that they happen in the finale cos it always makes the end of the season feel a little anticlimactic.

Every single season it's always "gonna take the crown, the crown is mine, mama Ru blah blah crown crown etc" and then when they're actually reciting these lyrics, I'm not going to use the word singing cos they're just saying the lyrics out loud, it's offensive to my ears.

I didn't sleep well last night so have woken up cranky 😂

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
The S1 top 3 song was much better because it was an actual cohesive production, not just sloppily added rap verses.

(Didn't hurt that all the top 3 girls could sing...)

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The most reliable winner leaker on the Reddit spoiler sub had Bimini winning, so it could be that they switched to Lawrence at the last minute in the last week or two. Maybe because of Bimini's political tweets?

Most importantly what the fuck was with the music sync on that final performance, how that get past anyone
I suspect the song hadn't actually been recorded yet by that time, possibly because they couldn't get the producers in to record. The queens seemed to be lip syncing to an instrumental track.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Tayce definitely won that finale lipsync lmao.

I thought it was Tayce ≥ Lawrence > Bimini.

But Tayce definitely ATE the main challenge. I wasn't even mad that she made the top 4 because that performance was everything.

Also, the fandom is toxic as fuck. Go support Bimini instead of harassing Lawrence. This is like, the 5th time or something (S9, S11, S12, AS5) that the queen that won most challenges doesn't win. Lawrence was super consistent apart from the Snatch game. Totally deserved win.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well well well...

Drag Race 'is filming an international All Stars' with UK and US queens going head to head

There's been rumours of this for years but I really didn't expect them to go through with it. Shamelessly robbed from Reddit, rumoured cast of girls who have disappeared from social media:
Baga Chipz (UK)
Blu Hydrangea (UK)
Cheryl Hole (UK)
Envy Peru (Holland)
Janey Jackè (Holland)
Jimbo (Canada)
Lemon (Canada)
Manilla Luzon (US)
Monique Heart (US)
Pangina Heals!!!!! (Thailand Co-Host)

Unlikely:
Jujubee (US)

Gotta say I'm shocked Manilla is back again, her fourth season? And Pangina???? Drag Race Thailand Co-host, you love to see it.

Edit: just fixing names coz autocorrect hates me :)

Last edited:

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Well well well...

Drag Race 'is filming an international All Stars' with UK and US queens going head to head

There's been rumours of this for years but I really didn't expect them to go through with it. Shamelessly robbed from Reddit, rumoured cast of girls who have disappeared from social media:
Baga Chipz (UK)
Blue Hydrangea (UK)
Cheryl Hole (UK)
Envy Peru (Holland)
Kandy Jackè (Holland)
Jimbo (Canada)
Lemon (Canada)
Manilla Luzon (US)
Monique Heart (US)

Unlikely:
Jujubee (US)

Gotta say I'm shocked Manilla is back again, her fourth season? And Pangina???? Drag Race Thailand Co-host, you love to see it.

just 10? I thought they'd have more us queens. Is this hosted by Ru and Michelle and shot in LA?

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Well well well...

Baga Chipz (UK)
Blue Hydrangea (UK)
Cheryl Hole (UK)
Envy Peru (Holland)
Kandy Jackè (Holland)
Jimbo (Canada)
Lemon (Canada)
Manilla Luzon (US)
Monique Heart (US)

Unlikely:
Jujubee (US)

Huh, this is interesting cos I wonder how this then possibly affects a UK only All Stars.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
I really was hoping for more a buildup towards International Allstars. Now it reads like just a spin off series.

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Huh, this is interesting cos I wonder how this then possibly affects a UK only All Stars.

I was thinking we'll get our own all stars after 1-2 more seasons. I reckon this season will probably air next year with UK season 4, and then they'll record a UK All Stars.

Goodlifr

Nov 6, 2017
For a show that makes so much about performance, Tayce should have been rewarded a lot more.

Yeah, her outfits weren't always great, but just feel she had far more raw performance talent then anyone else up there.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Bimini losing worked out for her. Imagine being stuck inside the basement of World of Wonder making a webseries of questionable quality.
Well well well...

Baga Chipz (UK)
Blu Hydrangea (UK)
Cheryl Hole (UK)
Envy Peru (Holland)
Janey Jackè (Holland)
Jimbo (Canada)
Lemon (Canada)
Manilla Luzon (US)
Monique Heart (US)

Unlikely:
Jujubee (US)

Manila coming for her fourth loss. Iconic. Pangina and Envy Peru are the most shocking to me, though. Envy just won her season and Pangina wasn't even a contestant lol

Oct 27, 2017
No lies, my heart jumped seeing all the girls return to the stage during the musical number (Tia looked great!). This season has been such a joy I don't even mind that my personal favorite didn't win. I think the future looks bright for everyone in this cast and they have a lot to be very proud of. Seeing Veronica in the Sailor Jupiter inspired look has me already looking forward to seeing S3 (agreed with Lawrence, those girls should already be scared of her).

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aw, shame about Bimini but I'm sure she'll be just fine. Lawrence is great too and I'm not mad about her win at all.

Down Under debut date announcement when?

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Most importantly what the fuck was with the music sync on that final performance, how that get past anyone
Yeah I though Bimini was absolutely bombing it when she started, and then when the rest of them were all the same I figured it's a production sync issue.

Glad for Lawrence, was rooting for her.

Oct 27, 2017
This. I feel like plenty of queens have major success without being the winner. Being shackled to WOW isn't always the best outcome.
PVOF.gif

Truth. The WoW ecosphere works for some girls, but isn't a guarantee for success. Even the most successful WoW-approved girls have their own side-gigs / companies to ensure longevity (ex. Trixie).

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
I´m gonna miss DRUK S2.

Bring it on S3.

- Anubis Finch (Brighton)
- Charity Kase (London)
- Choriza May (Newcastle)
- Elektra Fence (London)
- Ella Vaday (London)
- Kitty Scott-Claus (London)
- Krystal Versace (London)
- River Medway (London)
- Scarlett Harlett (London)
- Vanity Milan (London)
- Veronica Green (London)
- Victoria Scone (Cardiff)

Freida Slaves was also rumoured.
What do you think of this cast?

I don´t know any of them (except you know who) but it´s too much London for me tbh. To the people from the UK there is other queens that you´d like to see there? Drop the IG of those queens.

Last edited:

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
I´ve heard about Juno Birch in the past. She´s a star. But correct me if I´m wrong but Juno Birch is trans right? I think that I see people poiting out that they don´t audition because of how the show handle trans queens and because she´s already really big in the UK.

Victoria Scone who is rumoured for S3 is a bio queen, at least I read that online (sorry if it´s wrong info) that would be a major yikes since RuPaul and WOW treat trans queens the way they do. Nothing against Victoria, Drag Race should be for every drag queen.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Well well well...

Baga Chipz (UK)
Blu Hydrangea (UK)
Cheryl Hole (UK)
Envy Peru (Holland)
Janey Jackè (Holland)
Jimbo (Canada)
Lemon (Canada)
Manilla Luzon (US)
Monique Heart (US)

Unlikely:
Jujubee (US)

As much as I love Manilla, I hope it's not true that she'll be a contestant. She already has a HUGE following and tons of exposure. Let another girl have a chance ffs.

Edit:
Someone on twitter was kind enough to sync up the AV

My god it's SO MUCH BETTER. Seriously, how could they have messed it up so badly when it was seemingly a pretty easy fix?

Dec 4, 2017
London
My god it's SO MUCH BETTER. Seriously, how could they have messed it up so badly when it was seemingly a pretty easy fix?

Yep am amazed it made it to broadcast like that. How it could have slipped by everyone I don't know.

Suddenly the whole performance is great, whereas it felt shoddy before (even though it was clear that as they were all out, it was an AV issue rather than a queen issue)

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Well well well...

Baga Chipz (UK)
Blu Hydrangea (UK)
Cheryl Hole (UK)
Envy Peru (Holland)
Janey Jackè (Holland)
Jimbo (Canada)
Lemon (Canada)
Manilla Luzon (US)
Monique Heart (US)

Unlikely:
Jujubee (US)

Hmm, I love me more manila, but as another poster said, she's already been on four times. Still, if the rumors true, at least we'll get some more of her amazing runways.

discogs

Oct 28, 2017
London
I´m gonna miss DRUK S2.

Bring it on S3.

- Anubis Finch (Brighton)
- Charity Kase (London)
- Choriza May (Newcastle)
- Elektra Fence (London)
- Ella Vaday (London)
- Kitty Scott-Claus (London)
- Krystal Versace (London)
- River Medway (London)
- Scarlett Harlett (London)
- Vanity Milan (London)
- Veronica Green (London)
- Victoria Scone (Cardiff)

Freida Slaves was also rumoured.
What do you think of this cast?

I don´t know any of them (except you know who) but it´s too much London for me tbh. To the people from the UK there is other queens that you´d like to see there? Drop the IG of those queens.
I think the reason Ru may have gone with Lawrence is to give Scotland representation as S3 seems to be exclusively English queens outside of one Welsh queen. S3 just finished up production in Manchester too, so perhaps this was on his mind when he chose Lawrence during post-production (they film each queen winning and then select who after the fact).

Gradon

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I´ve heard about Juno Birch in the past. She´s a star. But correct me if I´m wrong but Juno Birch is trans right? I think that I see people poiting out that they don´t audition because of how the show handle trans queens and because she´s already really big in the UK.

Juno Birch is amazing, yeah she is trans, I'm unsure if she's vocalised about ever going on the show at all but I know she's a fan of it. If she were to avoid it because of Rupaul's transphobia then I totally get it and I would respect that, I love the show for the queens anyway. She makes a lot of Sims videos on YouTube too lol she's great to watch.