• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
On another note, I read that season 3 filming supposedly finished this week. It's crazy how fast they get through these things considering I don't think it was that long ago Australia finished filming?

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I had an awful feeling that was going to happen, I could see throughout the episode Ru over the top laughing at anything Lawrence said or did

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't imagine the buzz around this being positive. Like fair fucks to Lawrence she's obviously an amazing entertainer and very polished and creative in putting her looks together. But the way Bimini shined on their return, and that final lipsync performance even... Doesn't land quite right.

Tiny Ginny and the rest at the end though looool

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Im pretty happy ngl lol

I was happy with either of them tbf

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'm really glad Lawrence won. First big queen to win and coming from Scotland too! Bimini was great too, but Lawrence is the one I will want to see in a show.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Well done to Lawrence, but Bimini was the best all rounder of the remaining queen's.

No one in my circle of friends is happy with the result . My group chat is hilarious right now.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't hate. Bimini's an icon, no doubt, but when she was on song Lawrence was incredible.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Really CBA to watch the American one now. The judging is so all over the place and I really couldn't handle a double wammy of a Lawrence and Kandy win.

So I'm out.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Shook but Congrats to Lawrence Chaney for snatching the Crown 👑. I thought Bimini was going to win because Lawrence started to have a negative edit the last few episodes but I'm happy with this result. It sucks that I'm already seeing people send Lawrence hate on Twitter.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Well I didn't expect that news. I'll have to watch the episode as soon as work is over.

Going to have to make an effort to send Lawrence a nice message, since the fans will be sharpening their knives tonight. :/

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao twists like this is why I love drag race. Everyone was expecting a bimini crowning and Ru just side swerved lol

I think it's great that a big girl won, and Lawrence was an absolute contender for the crown despite the dip in performance following the break. I just hope we don't end up with a Tyra situation where the fans crush Lawrence's soul out of spite for their favorite now winning.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's been down to Lawrence and Bimini for the last few episodes for me, so I wasn't going to be mad at the result either way. There's a fair argument for why either of them deserved it (which are the BEST seasons, imo). Still, Happy for Lawrence.

Funny enough, the placement of this season, and the fans reaction to it, kind of reminds me of season two of US Drag Race. Raven started out rough but surged in performance and likability in the latter half of the season, whereas Tyra didn't really care about being likable, but was the most consistent competitor of the season (and thus never got an underdog edit).

Let's hope that Lawrence doesn't respond to the backlash the same way Tyra did tho...

EDIT: Damnit Kino LOL

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
There's no denying Lawrence is talented and she did have a great first half of the season, her Leatherface look was probably my favourite of the everyone's over the entire thing. Her winning just tastes a bit sour because she was a bit of a dick over the last couple episodes.

At least we'll get to see more of Bimini in the future in an All Stars season, hopefully.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Really, at the end of the day, the real winner is the UK...

Because, damnit, that was a perfect season of Drag Race. The originality of the challenges. The personalities. The talent.

That was Drag Race at a level I didn't think was possible anymore.

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This was my first season of drag race ever. It was amazing. Was hoping Bimini would win but I'm really happy for Laurence, she is fantastic.

Dec 4, 2017
London

Because, damnit, that was a perfect season of Drag Race. The originality of the challenges. The personalities. The talent.

This. I think it's prob my favourite drag race season ever.

I'm surprised Lawrence won it in the end, but really that's just recency bias. The track record of them across the season as a whole was so close in reality.

It's just bumming me out how shitty and unnecessary some people are being just because their fav didn't win a reality show. Really takes the shine off the most wonderful season.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
FUCK OFF RUPAUL.

I hate you more than ever.

I hate the choice but I hate more that Lawrence will probably receive so many hateful comments in the next few days.

I was all for #TeamBimini but at the end it was Ru's choice so we need to disagree but with class.

I feel sorry for what Lawrence will experience in the next days, those hateful fucks are ready to bring a queen down.

I'm saying this here in Era but I really don't understand the people that will post negative things and #BiminiRobbed in DRUK and Lawrence's social media.Let her have her moment.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Lawrence dominated pre-COVID. Bimini dominated post-COVID. Both were excellent contenders, it just seemed like with Lawrence's slip ups and edit over the last few episodes that it was easily Bimini's crown (and an easy win with the fanbase where it seemed like she was overwhelmingly the favorite). Lawrence is a great queen but I can't help but be disappointed that Bimini lost out in the end - their message, their drag, their performances, just everything clicked with me and I really hoped to see that rewarded.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
it's a little shocking considering Bimini clean swept the challenges after the break, but I'm really happy for Lawrence. I did think Bimini had the weakest performance in the final challenge though. It didn't seem like she knew the words.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Lawrence did seem the strongest this episode, perhaps that was editing, but I'm not mad at their win even if I was rooting for Bimini. I think Ru had a soft spot for Lawrence since the start and nothing really shook that even when he faltered in challenges.

This season has been, if not one of the best ever, then certainly one of the best modern seasons - the cast was great. Roll on S3 :)

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's okay that Lawrence won. Like others said, she only really didn't do well in a couple of episodes (and then the meltdown, but that didn't really have anything to do with performance). Can't say I wasn't hoping for Bimini tho

Also was it just me... Or did they do a really poor job with syncing everyone's tracks to the song? They all felt like a half a beat off.

Also agreed that this was a fantastic season. I'm so glad that it was airing simultaneously with the US season because otherwise I would have been so bored lol.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Most importantly what the fuck was with the music sync on that final performance, how that get past anyone

Kino

Oct 25, 2017

Not much more to be said here. I haven't enjoyed Drag Race like this since s6. Even Ru seemed to be having more fun

This season showed that the formula absolutely still works

discogs

Oct 28, 2017
London
I am really quite upset. Bimini is a real version of what the forced label of 'East London drag' should be. She is so fashionable, interesting, cool and mouthy. She's Wolfgang Tillmans at The Joiners Arms. Not this stupid capitalist drag brunch for bankers crap you get from Astina or Tayce.

Capitalist nationalist Ru just wants to plough Scottish stereotypes in LA. Look how The Vivienne and Baga are always Thatcher and Trump. He knows it's the easy thing to sell. It's so disappointing he didn't award the real innovator and instead went with this bagpipes pastiche. It's embarrassing.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Going back to what feels like a bit of a slog through Season 13 is sad. Hopefully no more overlapping seasons in the future, and I hope UK3 is just as fun.

I blame Olivia's mediocre Snatch Game for making Ru not want to give Bimini her own Vegan cooking drag show. ;)

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I would have preferred Bimini, but she'll be fine. Can we talk about the dancers? Who are they and how do I see more of them?!

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
The main challenge this week was a disaster. The vocal processing was awful, the sound mix was awful (vocals too low, beat too loud, I couldn't make out a word) and the video and audio weren't even in sync. Really amateur - the season and the queens deserved better in the final episode. Tayce looked like she slayed it but all those issues were so distracting.

Mill

Oct 27, 2017
Again Drag Race UK picking the wrong winner. You had Bimini RIGHT THERE ripe for the crown. Everything aligned, her growth, her personality, her unique vision....

It makes zero sense to roll out a narrative where the winner actually was a poor performer and acted as a entitled brat in the 3 eps. What kind of narrative is that?

Furthermore, Drag Race production is going strong on plot armor lately, isn't it?
S13 is being ruined by that, and now what could have been one of the best DR seasons, it just stumbles hard because production is tone deaf AF.

Last edited:

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy for Lawrence, she's fantastic and is a worthy winner.

IMO, this result is just a continuation of last series. Divina was significantly more polished and Vivienne had be faltering a bit for the last few episodes, but Ru wants to have a shock result, save the extremely polished queen for All-Stars by making her 2nd.

Bimini will be back, no question. WOW love having shock results, so in a way this shouldn't have been as surprising as it was.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love Lawrence so I'm super happy for her and her win but I almost wish she didn't get the crown just because the backlash she's gonna get (on top of the shit she's got the last couple weeks anyway)

Bimini was great anyway, splitting hairs between the two as they're both super polished and given the amount of love she's been getting especially from Americans I'm sure she'll have a stellar career

A little surprised to see Tayce top 3 but fucking hell she killed it in that performance. I feel personally robbed that we didn't get an uptempo lipsync between her and Astina