• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 4, 2017
London
It looked like Lawrence was still quite angry about the situation in the preview we got last week, so who knows šŸ˜¬

Yeah, that was just the sofa chat immediately after the elimination though. The glimpses we got of the next week proper it looked like everything had been forgotten. I just think, given how toxic the fandom can get when these things are left hanging, there's a scene of some sort where some kind of resolution is reached for everyone's sakes.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Bimini really is a beast. Four challenges in a single season, only Sharon and Shea have done it in a regular season.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't really think Ellie's lipsinc that good but whatevz, she won't be winning anyway

Good episode overall, though

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Should've done the double shantay for Tayce A'Whora, but I guess they'd have had to come up with another role for the acting challenge, so they didn't.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No sympathy for Tayce on the critiques this week- she really missed the brief on the runway.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I thought Tayce did great in the challenge, I didn't get the 'Karen' thing until Michelle said it, I just thought Tayce was doing great as a brassy blonde slag.

A bit of Steps on the lipsync too, you can't go wrong, especially when it's a Bananarama cover, two-for-one!

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Ditto on the Karen speak to the manager joke going over my head, missed opportunity for an iconic wig there

Episode was good, challenge was good (though dragged a little). Not a fan of MIckey being a judge, I wonder if it was planned or a COVID switch
Happy with the double shantay as they both put the work in to that lipsync. Was a little scared for Ellie, not because I thought she was going to go home but just the fans reaction is she sent home Tayce who is obviously more liked.

Can safely say Lawrence is out of the running with next week being a dancing.
Bimini Bon Boulash the 1st

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Really wasn't keen on bEastEnders. Not that I'm a fan of the actual show but kinda been overdone these sketches and it wasn't that funny to boot. The best bits were the Easter eggs dotted about like Baga Chips and Much Bitter. Nice touch.

Dec 4, 2017
London
I thought Lawrence was the funniest in the challenge so I was a little 'Huh?' at the Bimini win. Hell, I thought Tayce was funnier too.

Having said that it was incredibly close between all four of them overall so I can't complain too much. I just wish it 'felt' a little closer going into the last episode. Difficult to see beyond an inevitable Bimini win now especially given the nature of what we've seen of the last challenge.

Happy about the double shanty though. Honestly, can't they all just win? It's been the best season.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much disagreed with the judges completely tonight, which is unusual. For me it was:

Look:
Ellie > Lawrence > Bimini > Tayce

Acting:
Lawrence > Ellie > Bimini > Tayce

So if someone did get sent home, it would have been Tayce for me. Deffo feels like they're setting Bimini up for the win.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
What happened with Lawrence?

Is this show drama (I haven't seen the latest episode), or social media drama?

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ru alright? He looked ill during the puppet challenge during the start of the episode.

I figured it was probably a production mishap and he couldn't get his usual makeup somehow, but with the tight as hell schedule (I assume he wanted to go back to the US as soon as possible and whatever covid rules they had to follow) they just ran with the filming schedule whatever happened.

Double stay this week was justified, Queen's were all pretty close. I actually liked Ellie's runway the best but I understood all the critiques. Shame it's all ending next week really...

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Condragulations Mickayyy you're the winner of this week's challenge.

Am I missing something or is Mickayyy an UK reference?

Only the UK queens could pull a challenge that is always cringe

Can someone from the UK tell me what Panto Dames and Panto in general is?

Tayce is the first queen to win 4 LSFYL in one season iirc.

Ellie is also the first finalist since Jujubee to got to the finale with 0 wins

HERSTORY.

#TeamBimini

Last edited:

Synbios

Oct 27, 2017
Condragulations Mickayyy you're the winner of this week's challenge.

Am I missing something or is Mickayyy is an UK reference?

Only the UK queens could pull a challenge that is always cringe

Can someone from the UK tell me what Panto Dames and Panto in general is?

Tayce is the first queen to win 4 LSFYL in one season iirc.

Ellie is also the first finalist since Jujubee to got to the finale with 0 wins

HERSTORY.

#TeamBimini

Mickayyy is a reference to the show Eastenders that they were parodying this episode, which has a long running character named Ricky, whose name is commonly shouted in this style, mostly by his girlfriend/wife but pretty much every character shouts his name like that.

Panto (Pantomime) is a family oriented theatre production, commonly occuring around christmas, of a common fairy tale such as Snow White, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk. Theres a lot of audience interaction with common catchphrases being sollicited from the audience, so if a character is unable to see a villain clearly behind them on the stage, they'll encourage the audience to shout out "He's behind you!", which is why that phrase appeared twice.

A pantomime dame is the camp matron character in the story and usually played by a man. Often its the mother of the main character or some sort of guardian/nursemaid, I guess you can imagine a character like the fairy godmother in cinderella. Heres a random pic i googled.
image-20161207-18053-ntgfx8.jpg

This one appears to be jack and the beanstalk.

Oct 27, 2017
While it wasn't a complete success, I hope they bring back a Beastenders challenge. There's a ton of material to mine and I lost it during Tayce's "I am your mother!!!" Maybe this would have worked better with a bigger cast and not just the four girls at towards the end of the season?

Love, love, love Lawrence, but very concerned that the comedy challenges appear to be her weakness instead of the strength I was hoping for. (Also, goes without saying that I hope fans stop sending her shit and that she comes back to social media before the finale so that she gets to see/feel the love of fans that appreciate what's she done over the course of the season. Her over sensitivity doesn't deserve forever hate.) Ellie surprised me this week. Her Panto make up was as incredible as expected, but I think she had the best runway look AND she's a solid actor! Maybe she wasn't camp enough for this script, but I would watch her in a show for sure. Honestly, didn't expect that and it's a nice that these queens can surprise me this late into the season. I don't think she has a chance of winning, but I'm glad she was here for this challenge. Tayce continued to impress me in Beastenders, but her runway was way off the mark. It looked like it came from another category all together but kinda showed me that she's not ready to challenge herself look-wise. She nearly always has to show skin and/or a skinny silhouette. This was the challenge to shock judges with something unexpected but still showing her taste for fashion. Disappointing, but I don't think she's out of the running.Bimini was great as always and I agree with most people that it looks like they're setting her up for a win, but it feels earned. She's been so solid this season after her lipsync.

This has to be my favorite season of DR in a real long time and I'm going to be sad to see it end. With very few exceptions, it sucked to see any of these girls go home and I can't wait to see what they do outside of this show. I really hope we see a lot of them again on All Stars. They deserve to be there. (At least we get more Veronica, right?)

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be my favorite season of DR in a real long time and I'm going to be sad to see it end. With very few exceptions, it sucked to see any of these girls go home and I can't wait to see what they do outside of this show. I really hope we see a lot of them again on All Stars. They deserve to be there. (At least we get more Veronica, right?)

Totally agree, I'm so sad at the thought of these girls not being on TV every week. I'm really hoping they all continue to produce content online. Lawrence said in her latest video she's got a lot more videos coming up, which is great news because I think she's at her funniest when she's just talking to the camera. But what I really need is more of Tayce's quips and outrageous narration. Apple should hire her to be the new voice of Siri...

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I thought the theme was just panto, I was in the kitchen as the runway was coming on and missed Rupaul saying the theme so I thought Tayce looked cute and fit the brief, didn't realise it was panto dame until she got read for it lol.

Anyway, the episode was nice, I do love campy pantomimes lol. Ellie looked gorgeous, her makeup was so good.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Totally agree, I'm so sad at the thought of these girls not being on TV every week. I'm really hoping they all continue to produce content online. Lawrence said in her latest video she's got a lot more videos coming up, which is great news because I think she's at her funniest when she's just talking to the camera. But what I really need is more of Tayce's quips and outrageous narration. Apple should hire her to be the new voice of Siri...
If that means the Google Assistant gets Tia Kofi, I'm in.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Between Panto and Eastenders basically all of that episode when over my American head.

Ru was similarly clueless about Panto, at least.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like non-Uk folk should also watch this clip to understand half the references in Beastenders

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Tonight's the night ladies.

Cannot frankly believe how fast the weeks have gone watching this.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Bimini has this in the bag. I'll be surprised if she doesn't win.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
very sad this season is coming to an end.

I think Bimini will win tonight.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Bimini will win, this isn't really a competition anymore, it's just Bimini's coronation with guests.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Bimini's only competition is Lawrence, who has been dong poorly (and getting a disastrous edit) post-quarantine. The other two finalists are a queen that has never won a challenge, and one who has been in the bottom four times.

Bimini will have to fail spectacularly this week to not win.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Bimini's only competition is Lawrence, who has been dong poorly (and getting a disastrous edit) post-quarantine. The other two finalists are a queen that has never won a challenge, and one who has been in the bottom four times.

Bimini will have to fail spectacularly this week to not win.

I don't think it's really fair to say Lawrence has been doing poorly unless 'poorly' just means 'bombed snatch game'. IMO either Lawrence or Tayce should have won the BeastEnders challenge last week and I kinda wish they had as the finale would feel a bit more open and exciting for it.

I agree regarding the edit though, it is pretty disastrous and shows which way the wind is blowing regarding producer's thoughts. I love Bimini and she'll be a deserving winner but I'm a bit bummed that the perception has become she's running away with it when the reality is they are much closer in performance that that.