• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Highlights of the finale were Heidi and Jaida's appearances for sure. Love to see them thriving. I hope that Jaida look goes down in finale look history. Amazing.

Kandy vs Rose was so extremely mediocre I almost wish it would have been a double sashay tbh. But I guess Kandy was mildly better than Rose. Gross that Kandy was runner-up and tbh I was almost scared Ru was going to give it to her even though Symone owned the stage. Goddamn Symone is talented. So happy she won.

Gottmik's looks were fucking amazing as usual. As well as Symone's.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the Finale returns to the S07 and S08 format next season. It sucks for the queens, and the viewers, when the Top 4 aren't strong lipsyncers.

The finale was MEH but at least the final four looked GUD.

I screamed at at least half of them. It must have been so frigging expensive for them.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this finale, apart from wishing we could see all the queens again and wondering why the other judges weren't there. Also the Rulette wheel ruined the entire flow of suspense. Symone and Gottmik were the top two, so them going at it in round one just telegraphed the winner that much earlier (there was approximately a 2% chance Kandy wins over Symone). I hate to say it, but if they're going to do something like that, they need to just rig it so the two best end up going at it in the end.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Symone's whole lipsync style is walking from one side of the stage with her Symone swagger, giving a Symone face, then walking to the other side of the stage all over again, and throw in a reveal in the middle. But it's better than flailing and death dropping all over the stage or being a pointer sister lol.

Dec 4, 2017
London
I really enjoyed this finale, apart from wishing we could see all the queens again and wondering why the other judges weren't there. Also the Rulette wheel ruined the entire flow of suspense. Symone and Gottmik were the top two, so them going at it in round one just telegraphed the winner that much earlier (there was approximately a 2% chance Kandy wins over Symone). I hate to say it, but if they're going to do something like that, they need to just rig it so the two best end up going at it in the end.

I'm not sure I believe the wheel isn't rigged anyway. They like the idea that someone gets 'robbed' or someone has gotten further than they should because it generates social media noise through the chatter.

That's my theory anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Loved this season. Strong folks all around. People think it was a bad one? :(
Been watching the show since the first episode and 13 has to be the worst season for me (surpassing my issues with s11). But this is not an attack on the cast. They brought all they could and a few of them managed to be endearing enough to care about after this finale (I think it speaks volumes that the best parts of the finale were centered on queens from previous seasons). However, I do blame production for the poor season/challenge design and general "let's keep Kandy around for far longer than she deserves" nonsense. This show has had scripted-reality moments from day one, but it was obvious and off-putting this season. Worse, these manipulations rarely successfully generated excitement around the cast or the competition.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed this finale, apart from wishing we could see all the queens again and wondering why the other judges weren't there.

Holy shit it's true, I didn't even realised Michelle/Carson/Ross weren't there. Weird.

Also I wished we saw more from the other queens too. The last 3 episodes of the season were too Top 4 focused.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Not my favorite season but Symone has been an absolute star since the MTQ and it was a true joy to watch her bask in her blackness and continuously uplift the black community.

And she fucking demolished that finale ball, my lawd.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I guess my thing is I don't really buy that the final lipsync actually matters much in the grand scheme of who who wins. Aside from a situation where a frontrunner full-on blows the lipsync to the point there's just no reality where Ru can say she won, I feel like these funal lipsyncs are just another stage of the competition, and the queen's entire challenge history is considered when deciding who wins. That's why I was so deflated when it wasn't Gottmik and Symone at the end, because lipsync or no lipsync, that's the only real duo where each have a shot.

I feel like Symone could have stood still that entire final lipsync against Kandy, and she still would have been declared the winner. Kandy would have needed to given birth on stage while Symone performs with her back to the audience to have a chance at actually winning Drag Race.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'll stan for Rosé forever. Want her to win. Hard to not call Kandy the winner of that one, though.

Forgot about the sprained ankle, however. Fuck.
That was my first thought, and you could tell as she sashayed her left ankle was fucked. Kept waiting for a death drop and when she finished without doing one I instantly knew why... she could hardly move around on the stage at all :(

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I found the whole audience being outside in the parking lot thing very strange, it all felt rather disconnected, and I'm not entirely sure why Jaida was down there with them.

But I realise that's just minor nitpicking. I wouldn't say it has been an awful season, just a long one that's for sure.

Looking forward to the start of Down Under next week.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Unfortunate that Gottmik and Symone were placed together in the semifinal, those were by far the top 2 but ok at least a frontrunner won.

things I want for the future regular, US seasons:

.- eliminations should start on episode 2 not before or after.
.- no more double shantays. Bring someone back later on or do double sashays, whatever, just spice it up, change it, the show doesn't need pre-programmed double stays
.- no more than 12 queens, SPECIALLY if there's pre-programmed double shantays, preferably just 10 (this is THE reason why I'll watch down under, RPDR just isn't a fun 12-14 Episode show)
.- 3 finalists, 4 is too crowded and it would make the last elimination intense (think Detox vs Jinx)

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
things I want for the future regular, US seasons:

.- eliminations should start on episode 2 not before or after.
.- no more double shantays. Bring someone back later on or do double sashays, whatever, just spice it up, change it, the show doesn't need pre-programmed double stays
.- no more than 12 queens, SPECIALLY if there's pre-programmed double shantays, preferably just 10 (this is THE reason why I'll watch down under, RPDR just isn't a fun 12-14 Episode show)
.- 3 finalists, 4 is too crowded and it would make the last elimination intense (think Detox vs Jinx)

S13 was supposed to be a 14 queens, 14 episodes season. We would have gotten a simple double-premiere+10 Maxi-Challenges+Reunion+Finale if it wasn't for Celebrity Drag Race being skipped because of COVID. Also one queen got disqualified while quarantining because of Social Media's stuff.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
W
I found the whole audience being outside in the parking lot thing very strange, it all felt rather disconnected, and I'm not entirely sure why Jaida was down there with them.

But I realise that's just minor nitpicking. I wouldn't say it has been an awful season, just a long one that's for sure.

That parking lot stuff was clearly shot separately and edited to seem like they We're watching live.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
S13 was supposed to be a 14 queens, 14 episodes season. We would have gotten a simple double-premiere+10 Maxi-Challenges+Reunion+Finale if it wasn't for Celebrity Drag Race being skipped because of COVID. Also one queen got disqualified while quarantining because of Social Media's stuff.

14 queens and 14 episodes is way too long, with or without pandemic.

Perfect for me would be:

12 Queens

E1-Premiere,
E2-E10- nine eliminations,
Extra Episode- Double Shantay or bring one queen back
E12- Finale with the top 3

less queens and/or episodes, I am ok with it but please no more than 12 Queens/12 Episodes.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ummm Rosé's brother can fucking get it. Oof. And really that whole family was adorable. Speaking of families, I don't understand how someone as cool seeming as Kandy's mom can produce such a rotten creep like Kandy but there you have it.

I'm so glad Simone won, one of the more deserving winners in recent memory-- the looks, the humor, the politics, the vulnerability, she's just a complete package and a total star. I love her so much. I am curious to see how Gottmik develops-- they have some great looks, obviously, and could be quite funny but I found their personality grating at times. I'm chalking it up to just being a little young and still in the process of self-discovery.

I was a little surprised that Lala got Miss Congeniality, but I don't know who else would have made sense. I would have given it to Tamisha but her fights with Kandy probably put that idea on ice for most folks.

Overall, I'm so relieved this season is over. The riggamorris, non-eliminaiton eps and just the endless number of episodes was exhausting by the end. This is the first season where I quit watching Untucked and fast forwarded through parts of the main shows. UK2 was so refreshing and I hope the Down Under continues that vibe. Wonder when we get more news about AS6...

DrStrange87

The Fallen
Feb 8, 2018
Can't believe Kandy made it that far. She should have been kicked as soon as she came out with that green onesie during the beast runway. Horrible!

Dec 4, 2017
London

It reminded me of one of those Mad Max crowd scenes but with glow sticks.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn if the producers don't know how to put the fear in me. Seeing Kandy in the finale had me a lil shaken lol

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
The parking lot was dumb, and most of the listings were weak, buy Simone vs Gottmik was good and should have been the actual final one. Happy that Simone won, she is a great lip syncer.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Just remembered Symone saying we were going to see a different side to her lip syncing during the finale, did anyone pick up on that?

I meant to say I felt a little disappointed to see Rosè come out as a queen again for her final look, we already saw that in snatch game.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I actually disagreed with the verdicts of the first two lip syncs. I was #TeamMik, but I'm happy with Symone winning as well.

Lots of good looks in the ball, so it's a shame they didn't get more screen time. Symone's black and white look was my favorite of the night.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Symone is my favorite kind of lip syncer because she treats lip syncs like mini acting challenges. And it's one thing to be a dancer and perform the house down; but if you can sell the song with your face and body language, that's it right there. From the first moment the camera zoomed in on Symone you could tell she was dialed in.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you read before posting this?

Y´all need to let Kandy breathe, the negativity and lack of respect in this thread towards her is far too much.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think Kandy is a bad person at all, really. I wouldn't say that.

I think she's a bit braggadocious, not very accepting of critique, and her level of drag doesn't really match the shit she talks.

One might say she's a bit...

... 👀

✨ A R R O G A N T ✨

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Kandy is a bad person at all, really. I wouldn't say that.

I think she's a bit braggadocious, not very accepting of critique, and her level of drag doesn't really match the shit she talks.

One might say she's a bit...

... 👀

✨ A R R O G A N T ✨
I disagree. She showed herself to be a thin skinned bully and has nothing to back up that stank attitude with. On top of that she seems proud of her ignorance. Plus her drag sucks. It's just a terrible overall package imo.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. She showed herself to be a thin skinned bully and has nothing to back up that stank attitude with. On top of that she seems proud of her ignorance. Plus her drag sucks. It's just a terrible overall package imo.

pretty much. Kandy offers nothing to drag. I'm not a drag expert but I know basic shit and being in the bottom four times with maybe one good memorable look over the entire (overly long) season isn't quality to me. She talks big and doesn't show us shit to deserve that arrogance. I'm all for a queen with ego but it's gotta be earned.

Right Queen won given the season she had. Gottmik was consistently great too and wouldn't have minded a win either.

I was surprised by Miss Congeniality. Really thought Olivia had that in the bag but also thought she had final four in the bag too so *shrug*

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I meant to say I felt a little disappointed to see Rosè come out as a queen again for her final look, we already saw that in snatch game.
When I first saw a picture of it I thought it wasn't that great, but when I saw it on the episode I thought it looked great, the colour (a Celtic nod?) looked really good and not the usual gold/red/blue etc of a regal costume.

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
Did you read before posting this?

Y´all need to let Kandy breathe, the negativity and lack of respect in this thread towards her is far too much.

She was quite literally saved by production and had her hand held through to getting fucking second over so many actually talented queens. Let's not act like there aren't justified critiques of her.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I know there was a genuine and important meaning behind it, but my word that Bette Midler moment was awful.

Oct 25, 2017
She was quite literally saved by production and had her hand held through to getting fucking second over so many actually talented queens. Let's not act like there aren't justified critiques of her.

Rotten creep is such a personal attack, in the context of 'how could their mother I've seen for literally two minutes produce THAT'.

Hate on her drag and her performance in the show- she should've never been in the top 4 and that green leotard was worse than Lala's bags for me. But all the queens on the show clearly like her behind the scenes and think she's bringing something worthwhile.

I guess I just don't want her to be another reality star defined by her negative criticism that gets weirdly personal years after the show has aired, so that's why it feels uncomfortable.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

It was like shot during one of the Voss Event outdoor drag shows which Jaida is a part of.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously thought they were about to crown Kandy. I guess production was doing its job. I also completely disagreed with Kandy beating Rose. That was overall a very lame finale. It's weird because I absolutely love Symone and Mik but they couldn't save an otherwise lackluster performance. Also was a bit surprised at lala winning miss congeniality