• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I better not have to have a paramount+ sub in Canada for AS6. They still haven't told us how we can watch it. 😤
I'd be surprised. Paramount+ in Canada is absolutely terrible, it has like 2% of the content that the US version has, none of the new content that has come there has shown up on the Canadian one. I use it exclusively as a way to watch old Survivor.

Oct 22, 2020
Not gonna lie: I pretty much hate all original music from drag queens, including (and often especially) Ru's music.

But it's fine because it's basically irrelevant to my enjoyment of drag.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Same for Down Under. Hopefully it'll still be on OutTVGo/Crave. Subbing to WoWPresents+ for Holland wasn't ideal either, but at least it was like 4$.
I just wish OutTVGo and Crave used the same episode files, OutTV leaves in the Commercial Bumpers and the "Up Next" segments, where Crave removes them, so when we're watching with friends online, there's a chorus of "Commercial Pause!" "Commercial is done"

Not gonna lie: I pretty much hate all original music from drag queens, including (and often especially) Ru's music.

Right there with you, Though Jinx's cover of Creep is real good.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017

Even though her sound isn't 100% my style, I feel like Trixie is pretty much the best in terms of music since she's not doing "drag" music (aka bad lyrics on top of generic electro stuff). Her cover of Videogames is amazing.

I just wish OutTVGo and Crave used the same episode files, OutTV leaves in the Commercial Bumpers and the "Up Next" segments, where Crave removes them, so when we're watching with friends online, there's a chorus of "Commercial Pause!" "Commercial is done"

Lol yeah, a friend and I realised that after a while too. We ended up sharing our accounts and we simply watch on the platform who gets the episode first.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I liked Adores first album a lot, I think some of Blair's music is good too.

I like Courtney herself and I know people say that she can sing great but I just don't like her voice. 😬

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017

There are a few exceptions, but I generally feel the same way. I will say that some of the dumbest, worst songs are the ones that get stuck in my head the most. Rock It (To the Moon) is so stupid but I find myself singing the chorus all the time.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think Trixie's music absolutely stands on it's own merits and it's in my normal rotation. I think what makes her stuff stand out is that she doesn't lean into the intense-but-shallow pop sound that I've come to expect from drag music (which is enjoyable, but only in short bursts for me).

Like, if you can enjoy a bit of the country flair of her work Trixie's songs like this are honestly just good on their own:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
All I need is a decent runway song with a bit of energy - I liked that la-da-di-la-da-da Sexy Drag Queen song from AS1 and I Bring The Beat from S5(?) - Bring Back My Girls is such a snooze. Little Bit of Love is ok too on DRUK.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dmav/what-does-it-cost-to-go-on-rupauls-drag-race

An article about the rising costs that queens pay to go on Drag Race. Queens have talked about how expensive the runways can be and the article explores that with some of the most recent queens from the show. It's interesting to say the least.

I don't even want to mentally process the amount of money someone like Kahmora spent on her runways only to go home first.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to mentally process the amount of money someone like Kahmora spent on her runways only to go home first.
But that also proves the point that you can't buy your way into the finale or even the top half. More often than not the runway does not play a big part in who stays and who goes home, the maxi challenge is way more important so maybe the need to spend absurd amounts of money is more perception than reality? The article even talks about several queens who did very well who spend way less than the five figures some other queens blow on looks. That doesn't mean it's cheap but it's not necessarily as expensive as some people assume.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I am shook that most polls (everywhere on the internet, no matter who makes them) favor Rosé to win the crown.

not opposed but also not entirely convinced.

In any case, It will make the finale a lot more exciting, since it genuinely can go to either Mik, Symone or Rosé.

As opposed to S12 finale, where I just watched to see if Jaida and Crystal could take the crown away fro Gigi

But that also proves the point that you can't buy your way into the finale or even the top half

This is ok when talking top half but I wished runways and all-round presentation mattered a bit more. I think I would have prefered to see kahmora 1 or 2 more episodes instead of Joey J or LalaRi, for instance.

On that note, to see that piss-poor get up brought by kandy two episodes ago on a top 5 "Olympics of drag race" reaaaaaaally takes away a ton of credibility for me.

yes, I understand Kandy is the confessionals host and is needed to do TV but aren't there queens somewhere in America that can do that AND have badass, fierce runways??

why settle? I don't understand.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
That is truly bizarre. I mean, I realize I've been like completely negative towards her this entire time, but I just do not see it. I realize she was never in the bottom two, but she was also mostly mediocre and safe the whole time. And her looks were mostly bad. I won't deny she obviously has talent, but she is so bland. It would be an extremely boring choice for her to win.

I don't hate any of the queens, so whoever wins is fine, but I'd prefer Symone or Gottmik.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Haven't watched the last 4 episodes, I think Mik is gonna win. Might watch the finale maybe.

Just watched this, the S14 contract was sent by someone to this queen on youtube, huge yikes to a lot of it lol.
The thumbnail is clickbaity as hell but the content itself is good.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dmav/what-does-it-cost-to-go-on-rupauls-drag-race

An article about the rising costs that queens pay to go on Drag Race. Queens have talked about how expensive the runways can be and the article explores that with some of the most recent queens from the show. It's interesting to say the least.

I still think we should have at least double the amount of design challenges as what we currently get. It's much more fun to see a great look the queens created themselves than to see something someone else made for them.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think we should have at least double the amount of design challenges as what we currently get. It's much more fun to see a great look the queens created themselves than to see something someone else made for them.

Agree. I feel like design is a basic quality and understanding how to create a look is something every Queen needs to have and the earlier seasons that really focus on them are superior. Those that roll in with all their stuff already made feels like skating by to me, especially if they are the kind that has someone make it for them.

As much as I love comedy and Comedy Queens, let's face it, the really good ones are rare and the challenges are often more cringe than funny these days.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
That is truly bizarre. I mean, I realize I've been like completely negative towards her this entire time, but I just do not see it. I realize she was never in the bottom two, but she was also mostly mediocre and safe the whole time. And her looks were mostly bad. I won't deny she obviously has talent, but she is so bland. It would be an extremely boring choice for her to win.
I kind of think this is why a Rose win makes the most sense. She's just not good television and wouldn't really bring anything entertaining in an AS season.

Oct 25, 2017

Excellent excellent article. Wonder how much the judges are paid per season. Feels like the queens should be getting a bit of budget pre show and a higher day fee.

I don't hate any of the queens, so whoever wins is fine, but I'd prefer Symone or Gottmik.

For my and my partner's view, I think we like that Rosé is so talented, polished and versatile- she has wit and she can bring dances and energy. Her looks aren't mind-blowing but everything about her performance I just have to respect because you can tell there's years and years of work put into that, translated to drag. I also appreciated how she was quiet those first few weeks then burst out the pack. Plus the whole 'handsome queen' thing with that Crimson Chin gives her a unique aura, in my opinion at least.

Still, I can't see her winning based on the judging and the wow factor both Mik and Symone have.

Last edited:

keyzz

Dec 12, 2018
I think Rose has been the most well rounded and polished by far. I really enjoy Symone and what she brings, but I think there have been several drop offs in her ability when it comes to acting, dancing, and some of the singing challenges. She's got a great attitude and personality, and brings it 200% when it comes to serving looks. Gottmik has come a long way and is so incredibly enjoyable to watch and has amazing energy, but I don't think she's as polished as Rose. That being said, wouldnt mind Gottmik winning at all.

Rose on the other hand, doesn't have a weakness. I think saying her looks aren't good is inaccurate. They may not be as good as Gottmik's or Symones, but those are 2 exceptional queens at runways. Roses are still way above average I feel. Rose is also great at comedy, at acting, at singing, at dancing, at off-the-cuff humor, and is always a highlight for me. If I had to pick 1 of those 3 queens to go see in a drag show, I'd pick Rose 10 times out of 10. I think she is being graded on a curve, in that she came in with a full resume and ready to go. She hasn't "grown" as much as the other 3, outside of opening up her shell a bit, but I don't think she should be penalized for coming into the competition at a higher point. Gottmik and Kandy have both grown a ton, but they both had room to grow to start with.

I think Rose' would make zero sense on an all stars, she would be exactly the same queen. I could see Symone coming back with more of an acting/comedy skillset. Kandy is also a lock for an allstars season.

At the end of the day, I think Rose' should win. I'd be happy if Gottmik or Symone won as well. I'd be pretty confused if Kandy wins

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I think Rose has been the most well rounded and polished by far. I really enjoy Symone and what she brings, but I think there have been several drop offs in her ability when it comes to acting, dancing, and some of the singing challenges. She's got a great attitude and personality, and brings it 200% when it comes to serving looks. Gottmik has come a long way and is so incredibly enjoyable to watch and has amazing energy, but I don't think she's as polished as Rose. That being said, wouldnt mind Gottmik winning at all.

Rose on the other hand, doesn't have a weakness. I think saying her looks aren't good is inaccurate. They may not be as good as Gottmik's or Symones, but those are 2 exceptional queens at runways. Roses are still way above average I feel. Rose is also great at comedy, at acting, at singing, at dancing, at off-the-cuff humor, and is always a highlight for me. If I had to pick 1 of those 3 queens to go see in a drag show, I'd pick Rose 10 times out of 10. I think she is being graded on a curve, in that she came in with a full resume and ready to go. She hasn't "grown" as much as the other 3, outside of opening up her shell a bit, but I don't think she should be penalized for coming into the competition at a higher point. Gottmik and Kandy have both grown a ton, but they both had room to grow to start with.

I think Rose' would make zero sense on an all stars, she would be exactly the same queen. I could see Symone coming back with more of an acting/comedy skillset. Kandy is also a lock for an allstars season.

At the end of the day, I think Rose' should win. I'd be happy if Gottmik or Symone won as well. I'd be pretty confused if Kandy wins

While all of that is true, Rosé does not yet have an established drag personality or viewpoint. Like who is she in a sentence? What does she represent?

That being said, she wouldn't be an awful winner at all. WoW just hasn't picked a winner solely on their track record in a long time.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
While all of that is true, Rosé does not yet have an established drag personality or viewpoint. Like who is she in a sentence? What does she represent?

See, and people thought I was being salty when I shaded Rose for this (and, to be fair, I WAS salty lol). But this is what I'm talking about. I damn near spit out my vodka soda when Rose told Olivia that she didn't know her drag when, sis, that's what people have been saying about YOU all season. lol.

To me, Rose reminds me so so much of Alexis Michelle, in that she's got that New York theater kid background, so there's a very workman approach to her drag. She's not BAD at anything, she's very competent. There's nothing you can really shade her for, especially at this point in the competition. Her wigs are very YouTube tutorial, but that's about it. She is the definition of a well-rounded queen. But she doesn't really have that oomph, thing that makes her memorable. That thing that screams ROSE!

Like, with Olivia gone, there was a noticeable lack of sparkle and glam on that runway. Because that was HER thing. Likewise, since Utica's been gone, there definitely been a lack of high fashion weirdness (Gottmik kinda gives this, but she's more edge than weird, imo). Same with a few of the other eliminated. If Rose had been eliminated at any point, I struggle to think of what would be missing from the cast.

And that's almost not even shade...

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Let me go back to playing Genshin...

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought it was pretty cool, got the queens to record their own thing, perform one last time and show their talent on TV instead of barely having a presence in a regular reunion episode because they left early and wasn't there for the dramatic moments (hey Kahanna Montrese). This cast wasn't going to give us any drama besides a rerun of Tamisha vs Kandy, so this was for the best.

Olivia's video was a serve.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thanks for the warning guys, I'll be blitzing through this one with the fast forward button. Saved me a bit time today any way!

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Denali BACKFLIPPED on ICE!!!!! actually gasped
La La's song was great
Still got 40 mins left, this reunion is long and not particularly interesting

Oct 22, 2020

Honestly it's fucking disgusting what Ru and Michelle say to these queens about their runway looks when they know exactly what these girls went through to get there.

Even in normal times it's bad, but we're in a fucking pandemic. Most of the girls in this season and likely the next will have gone more than a year without having their regular income, which only adds to the financial strain.

I obviously love this show, but sometimes it's hard dealing with Ru and Michelle's privileged, nasty asses. Tell the girls to save receipts and reimburse them up to $10K for their runway looks, you cheap assholes. It wouldn't completely level the playing field, but it sure as shit would help.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. Rewatching Season 9 Reunion and it is soooo goooooood.

Although I'm not mad at giving the girls one last chance to perform on national television by themselves. It was cute, but way too long of a nothing burger episode.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Rose's answer to why she should be america's next drag superstar is exactly why she does not deserve to win. What a cringy and boring answer lmao.

Also Tamisha's song is gonna be stuck in my head forever.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The reunion just reminded me that Denali left way too early.
Right?! That outfit reveal during the skating was amazing, I know it was probably a simple reveal, but whilst doing that? Wow. Then a great lipsync to a classic slice of 90s Euro-cheese, so good.

This reunion wasn't that bad actually - I know we missed out on the drama, I mean if Kandy wasn't made for a slanging match reunion I don't know who was, but it was chill and pretty fun. They did a good job of dealing with the hand they were dealt - better than a face-kini on a 12-way zoom call any way.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the "Reunion" would have been better received if it was simply called a Countdown to the Crown like they did before.

Rose's answer to why she should be america's next drag superstar is exactly why she does not deserve to win. What a cringy and boring answer lmao.

It's pretty obvious she was stressed as hell during filming. Even the queens who know her doesn't understand the "perfectionist" they saw on the show. Looking at everything she did before/after she's so much more charismatic and fun.