• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My bf didn't get why Symone was carrying the white hand towel in the lip synch.

I'm considering breaking up. lol

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I want a Symone win but I'd be perfectly happy with Mik as well. Some of his past YouTube collabs have been coming up in my recommendations and it's so stunning to see his transformation from pre-T to today. I think a Mik win would be really impactful for a lot of people.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a strong top 3 with one obvious exception. I don't dislike Kandy but she's a good mile away from the others.

For me the top 3 changed for each part
Performance: Rosé > Mik > Symone > Kandy
Look: Mik > Symone > Rosé > Kandy
Lip sync: Symone > Rosé > Mik > Kandy

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
But seriously...why were they lipsynching individually?

So they could get away with only showing Gottmik like three times. 😂

Gottmik and Symone are the clear frontrunners, but there's gonna be some tough editing to do of the finale to get Gottmik into that final lipsync. Hopefully she's been sharpening her skills.

Mathematically, she's the strongest (followed by Gottmik, Symone's two Bottoms 2 really hurt her score). Also Symone could pull an Asia O'Hara during a lipsync and get eliminated, we never know!

They'll just pull something to get her to the final lipsync ala Aquaria.

This really felt like Gottmik's episode. Her confessionals were great, her interview was great, her portion of the musical number was fantastic, and she looked okay on the runway. Overall, I thought the runway this week was pretty mediocre, disappointing for a Top 4 episode. She also got that very badly acted sob story back and forth with Ru.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Gottmik pulls off a Sasha rose petal stunt, I just don't see her winning. Great looks, very entertaining, but she's still missing something as a performer for me.

Rosé, she's done well but I feel like she just isn't particularly unique.

Kandy is the opposite of Rosé. She's done horribly but she's got plenty of personality and uniqueness.

So for me Symone is the clear winner and it's not even close.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
So they could get away with only showing Gottmik like three times. 😂

Gottmik and Symone are the clear frontrunners, but there's gonna be some tough editing to do of the finale to get Gottmik into that final lipsync. Hopefully she's been sharpening her skills.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Like...it was good enough to have 4 people lipsynching for Drag Race UK season 2, but not this group?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The thing Gottmik has going for her is Ru absolutely loves her. They have a report that has rarely been matched by any queen on the show. I agree Gottmik will need to pull it out in the lipsync in a way she hasn't yet done, but if she sets herself up for a win I think Ru would be more than happy to give it to her.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Rosé, I'd be happy to see her win, but I think she has All Stars written all over her. I don't know, I just think - while she is incredibly talented - there is still some room for growth here. Specially in the looks department, girl is very hit-and-miss. Even her Drag Excellence dress, which was pretty, was doing her shape no favors. She will definitely come back for an All Stars season and slay even harder.

So this has got to be Symone's. I'd love to see Gottmik winning as well, she did great and it would be nice to have a trans queen winning this time.

In a nutshell, any of these three is a great winner to me. I honestly don't know what the fuck Kandy is doing in the Top 4, but that's no fault of hers. It's awful to see people hating on her online and even when it's not actually hate, it's got to sting to see how many more people support the rest of the Top 4 while you're getting, like, 1/4 of the likes and retweets the other queens are getting. It's rough and production is only harming her by dragging her all the way to the Top 4.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
i'm Team Symone all the way and saw this as her clear win, but after the last episode and just seeing Gotmik's joy being on drag race and Ru's liking of her (that interview w/ Ru and Michelle was ridiciolous - in a good way! xD) I don't know anymore. I think they might give the win to Gotmik, and bring Symone back for an All-Star win (omg, her All-Star runways would be insane. They might probably even put her on the same season as Gigi Goode...)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Does Rosé have a weirdly huge fan base? I've seen multiple polls that have her in the lead by a large margin with Symone and Mik close to tied for second.
I love Rosé but I agree, she'll be more entertaining on a future All Stars season and isn't quite cut out for the crown just yet.
Are these poll votes some sort of Season 10 Miss Congeniality vote rigged memery?

Last edited:

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
I think it´s so funny seeing people in this thread saying that Mik and Symone are the clear front runners when Rosé has the best track record of the season.

At the end if they make a LSFTC finale it´s anyone´s game. So let RuPaul´s Ruveal Race begin.

Does Rosé have a weirdly huge fan base? I've seen multiple pills that have her in the lead by a large margin with Symone and Mik close to tied for second.

Yeah, I saw the same thing, I also found it weird considering the amount of social media followers between the queens.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Kahmora's look took my breath away (but what else is new, she's been slaying it behind the scenes all season).

But seeing that it was a tribute to her drag mother was extra sweet.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Was it just me or was Ru's crying kinda fake and cringe?

I understand the importance of Gotmiks narrative but the crying seemed disingenuous.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice finale lewks. When I saw Utica's I immediately thought of Ultima the scion from FF12.

As for Ru crying...yeah it seemed a bit canned and it didn't bother me at all.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Kahmora's look took my breath away (but what else is new, she's been slaying it behind the scenes all season).

But seeing that it was a tribute to her drag mother was extra sweet.
So true. It's beautiful and carries a beautiful meaning as well.

I understand the importance of Gotmiks narrative but the crying seemed disingenuous.
She's reaching hard for that Emmy

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Does Rosé have a weirdly huge fan base? I've seen multiple polls that have her in the lead by a large margin with Symone and Mik close to tied for second.
I voted for Rosé in one of those polls. I think she's the most well rounded of the finalists, she can sing, she can dance, she can act, she can do comedy, she can sow, she won three challenges, was never in the bottom 2. Her runway looks weren't always 100% on point but the runways don't matter that much.

Symone is a close second for me, I wouldn't mind her winning at all, she's definitely deserving but she was also in the bottom 2 two times and not just for drama, she deserved to be placed there.

Gottmik is good but I don't think she's strong in lip syncs, unless she really steps up her game in the finale it will be hard justifying crowning her when she's up against Symone and Rosé in the final lip sync.

Kandy isn't even a contender. I'm sorry but it's true.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I love Rosé but I agree, she'll be more entertaining on a future All Stars season and isn't quite cut out for the crown just yet.
Are these poll votes some sort of Season 10 Miss Congeniality vote rigged memery?

Rosé got the best track record and seems to know 100% who her drag character is, what are her strenght, etc. I just don't see what else she can add to her skillset. Compared to Symone and Gottmik, which I see coming back even stronger for an All-Stars run. I felt the same way about Jaida last season and that's why I was happy to see her win.

I will be happy with any of the 3 winning (sorry to Kandy,e ven though I love her), but that's why I'm team Rosé.

Also can you imagine Symone Runways on All-Stars?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Gottmik's the runway queen for me. She gagged me almost every week starting with like week 5 or 6.

Rosé also had some of my favorite looks, but also some real clunkers. Rollercoaster on the runway.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, for the one episode of Walker Texas Ranger Ru was on, Chuck Norris was finally not the worst actor on the show.

Yes, I stole this joke from a drag race roast.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there will be an official RuPaul version of Lucky? That song was awesome, one of Ru's catchiest, I'd love to hear a version where she sings the verses.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Holy crap at Utica's drag excellence. If she cinched the waist a bit more for a better silhouette, it would be Violet Chachki at the S8 finale tier.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Can we stop tip-toeing around it and just admit that too much of RuPaul's music is embarrassingly catchy? I came to terms with this during quarantine. lol

Realness -> Butch Queen -> American (justice for Kitty Girl) are just...way better than they have any business being. I can't deny it anymore.

Hell, I still unironically listen to some of the season 6 tracks. Darienne Lake's >>>>>>

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too late to hope for Tamisha making a comeback with the chair?

The only thing I can positively speak of for Kandy this week was her wig, which is a lot more than I can usually say.

For a while I did expect Symone to take the crown, but I guess since the soda competition I've really started to root for Rosé and how she's really started to shine in the past few weeks compared to her earlier performances. Plus, I do like the idea that one of the pork chopped contestants would take the crown seeing as almost all the ones I liked lost their lipsync challenge in the first episode

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Can we stop tip-toeing around it and just admit that too much of RuPaul's music is embarrassingly catchy? I came to terms with this during quarantine. lol

Realness -> Butch Queen -> American (justice for Kitty Girl) are just...way better than they have any business being. I can't deny it anymore.

Hell, I still unironically listen to some of the season 6 tracks. Darienne Lake's >>>>>>

I love Kitty Girl lol.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
You're right. I was thinking of Super Queen and the dire AS4 version.

Yeah those songs can go somewhere.

I unironically listen to "Wear It Well", "Bring Back My Girls" and "Call Me Mother".

Ru was in her bag when she made those songs.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's some awful Ru songs but damn if the catchy ones aren't bangers. I sing Bring Back My Girls all the time and I find Born Naked a legit good song.

Oct 27, 2017
Caught up on this season through clips, recaps, and Pit Stops after it became obvious that this season wasn't going to make me happy. I'm hoping that Symone or Gotmik take the crown. Like some other posters here, I like Rosé a lot, but she's still missing something to make her take her to the next level. This isn't a read. She's a great queen and I think she's got a bright future ahead of her, but this isn't her time for a crown.

Filming during COVID was clearly a challenge, but I don't fault the queens for the overall lacking quality of the season. Production really needs to step it up on the design, story, and editing fronts next season. Other versions of the show are going strong, but US RPDR haven't felt fresh in a while and it shows in a season that expectedly needed to run for a few more episodes than normal. This would have been the time to try on some brand new challenges or bring back an old favorite (I still hold out hope they'll do another wrestling challenge). There were a ton of acting challenges and they're rarely funny for the right reasons. The roast challenge may need to be rethought since so many queens are very predictably terrible at it. Snatch Game is in need of a fresh spin as well. The few design challenges didn't feel like enough. Having so many episodes where nobody goes home killed a lot of the tension/momentum. These are generally things that any reality show going on 13 seasons will confront at one point or another. Maybe COVID challenges just made this more obvious to viewers?

And speaking of obvious... Production pushing for a particular contestant has always been a thing. Sometimes it's very clear to the viewer that a queen is going to crush it and stay around for a while (for example: look at the entrances for queens like Raja and Sharon). The show usually has a keen sense about this and gives us more of a queen that will connect with the audience, but it's never been so obvious and unwelcome as it is this season. Kandy isn't my cup of tea and she certainly isn't doing herself many favors (particularly on the runway!), but it feels like a lot of the heat/hate she has received comes from production influence rather than something she did and that really sucks.

I'm hopeful that we'll get a good Ru-union episode that lets queens get to the bottom of issues with Elliott and gives us much more Tamisha. Bring on Down Under and Spain!

Last edited:

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, this is true well before even Drag Race since obviously. There's a few really great tracks on her "Red Hot" album (even though the bulk of it is kind of painful), and frankly, I think her christmas album is one of the best things ever and I always play through it during the holidays.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I can positively speak of for Kandy this week was her wig, which is a lot more than I can usually say.

Well...

kEZcFug.jpg

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
You know who got an unexpected redemption this season? Gigi.

I didn't care much for her s12 run but the work she put into Symone's wigs has elevated my opinion of her

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
How did this premiere New Year's Day and it still isn't over?

Regular seasons are 14 episodes nowadays. Since there was an extra 4 episodes ordered by VH1 for Celebrity's Drag Race and they couldn't do the show because of COVID, WoW splitted them between S13 and AS6. So we got 16 episodes for S13 (including the COVID special), and I've seen either 12 or 14 episodes for AS6.