• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
2-5 are unparalleled for drama, I have a soft spot for S9 because I adore 3/4 of the top 4 (not TTT).

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not me getting canceled on RPDR Era.

Don't cancel me please.

too late wars im sorry

e1PX0yn.png

Since we're having this discussion, what are your favorite regular RPDR US seasons?

S3, S5, S6, S9.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
2-5 are unparalleled for drama, I have a soft spot for S9 because I adore 3/4 of the top 4 (not TTT).

Best thing about those seasons is that the queens were not so obsessed on how they were going to be seen by social media.
Bootleg Opinions has eclipsed FPR and that's that on that.

Kudos to Yuhua for getting such a wide variety of guest queens on her show, truly a legend.

This is true. FPR is all toots now and they barely discuss the looks anymore.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Best thing about those seasons is that the queens were not so obsessed on how they were going to be seen by social media.

There's some crazy irony in Utica going to absolute lengths not to get cancelled on social media by wearing a fake afro made of squirrels, refusing to interact with Symone's drag even though she was invited her into her drag, and then getting cancelled by twitter for making fat jokes.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's some crazy irony in Utica going to absolute lengths not to get cancelled on social media by wearing a fake afro made of squirrels, refusing to interact with Symone's drag even though she was invited her into her drag, and then getting cancelled by twitter for making fat jokes.

Oh man I pushed the squirrel afro out of memory. What a bad decision (Bob Ross as a whole really).

I'm glad there's more awareness about nixing fat jokes. I think you can read someone and not do low-hanging fruit we've heard a million times already with a fat joke.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man I pushed the squirrel afro out of memory. What a bad decision (Bob Ross as a whole really).

I'm glad there's more awareness about nixing fat jokes. I think you can read someone and not do low-hanging fruit we've heard a million times already with a fat joke.

I, mean, we'll probably continue to see weight jokes. But, hopefully, good or clever ones. Not: "You're fat!" or *insert out-of-context whale noise*.

jinkx

Sep 11, 2019
Since we're having this discussion, what are your favorite regular RPDR US seasons?

Mine are S3,S5,S9,S10,S12.

Season 5 is tv GOLD and will never be topped

It gave us not only one, but TWO amazing seasons (All Stars 2)

Then Season 6 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 9 and 12 are my favorites

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Season 5 is GOLDEN tv and will never be topped

59903.jpg

For real though...

3 = 4 > 5 > COME ON SEASON 6! = 9

With season 1 always having a place in my heart. I was 21, hardcore into the drag scene at the time, and just watching season 1 on TV as it aired was just...something so surreal and special.

Well, of what you could see of it through that season 1 filter.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Wasn't Down Under shot in February?

It's crazy that the cast just left the competition and the season airs.

It's so disappointing that we didn't get a proper MTQ for whatever reason.

Let's see how this will turn out.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
OK...Ru....

Just go ahead and hand Mik the crown because all that crying couldn't make it more obvious who's going to win.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they really thought they were fooling people with all that suspense. We've been having a Top 4 since season 9.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Been pretty sure Symone would be crowned but after that episode the edge goes to Mik.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Make it a tie between Symone and Gottmik.

And ban Kandy from ever appearing on anything Drag Race related ever again.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like a Rosé crowning but a Symone win was as obvious from the start as a Lawrence Chaney win.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Between Mik and Symone for the winner for sure, can't guess whcih way they'll go though
Rose in 3rd and Kandy in 4th

Anyone else skip the talk to little you bit? Feels so manufactured

Was there no untucked this week?

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Was there no untucked this week?
There was one.

Why wasn't this episode the finale? They had them writing lyrics, singing, dancing, "the talk" and then a final lip sync, they could have crowned the winner right then and there. Will the actual finale be the same thing again?

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
RuPaul singing "Bussy on fire" in Lucky is the most cursed thing that happened in 2021.

Yeah, all that crying with Mik is a little suspect...

I'm still #TeamRosé but I'm also rooting for Symone and Mik, it's a very strong top 3.

Symone's runway look.... I'm obsessed.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
RuPaul singing "Bussy on fire" in Lucky is the most cursed thing that happened in 2021.

Yeah, all that crying with Mik is a little suspect...

I'm still #TeamRosé but I'm also rooting for Symone and Mik, it's a very strong top 3.

Symone's runway look.... I'm obsessed.

She didn't say pussy with a hard P? Huh.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they told Rosé many times that she was the Total Package so I wouldn't count her out yet.

There was one.

Why wasn't this episode the finale? They had them writing lyrics, singing, dancing, "the talk" and then a final lip sync, they could have crowned the winner right then and there. Will the actual finale be the same thing again?

No idea how it will be this year (because COVID), but nowadays the Finale during a regular season is this big thing where they talk to the contestants and make the Top 4 lipsync for the crown in front of an audience.

She didn't say pussy with a hard P? Huh.

Bussy = boy-pussy.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they told Rosé many times that she was the Total Package so I wouldn't count her out yet.

No idea how it will be this year (because COVID), but nowadays the Finale during a regular season is this big thing where they talk to the contestants and make the Top 4 lipsync for the crown in front of an audience.

Bussy = boy-pussy.

As talented as she is, I don't think Rosé stands much of a chance which is a shame, it's quite telling that when talking about her they only ever seem to mention that she's "professional" and that's it. They don't practically go gooey in their pants like they do when talking about Symone or Mik

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I know that but like you said we're still in a pandemic, I can't imagine them doing a big live finale. If they had at least kicked someone (Kandy obviously) off this week the episode wouldn't feel so pointless but it could be skipped and nothing would change.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
As talented as she is, I don't think Rosé stands much of a chance which is a shame, it's quite telling that when talking about her they only ever seem to mention that she's "professional" and that's it. They don't practically go gooey in their pants like they do when talking about Symone or Mik

Mathematically, she's the strongest (followed by Gottmik, Symone's two Bottoms 2 really hurt her score). Also Symone could pull an Asia O'Hara during a lipsync and get eliminated, we never know!

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Kandy should not have been put through, even though we all know that it was going to be a top 4 from the beginning. She was awful in the Lucky performance. She looked asleep. And her lipsync was literally just flailing around. I have no idea what the judges are seeing lmao. Rose is also so bland for me. I do not see the appeal. You can tell from their critiques that the judges feel the same too. Gottmik and Symone for top 2 for sure. I want a Symone win so badly, but Gottmik would be an okay choice too. But fr. Symone. Period.

Also I hated Rose's wig. It was too obviously wigs just stacked on top of each other. You could see where the top part ended and the bottom part started. At least blend them together. Not sorry.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
I've been pulling for Rose the whole time but I'm also not feeling her winning after this episodes judge reactions. In her plus column though, I feel like she doesn't have much of an All-stars story, there's no glow up to be had, she's already there.

Gottmik and Symone are folks you want to bring back.

Kandy just exists.

Oct 22, 2020
I hate hate hate hate feeling like a hater because I know the kind of heinous shit these girls get on social media, but I have never been more perplexed by the Drag Race judges' love for a queen than by their love of Kandy.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It. At. All.

When they were talking about her growth as a performer, I was like, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????"

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I've been pulling for Rose the whole time but I'm also not feeling her winning after this episodes judge reactions. In her plus column though, I feel like she doesn't have much of an All-stars story, there's no glow up to be had, she's already there.

Gottmik and Symone are folks you want to bring back.

Kandy just exists.

Rosé has only been doing drag for what, 4-5 years? She's the quintessential musical theatre major that turned to drag, isn't she? There's plenty growth and artistic development to be had, even if she's polished right now. See: Trixie Mattel.

And, TBH, while her makeup is great now, her looks still need refinement.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Rosé's make up looked a little rough for that runway look. She didn't look as polished and beautiful as she has in the past.

Kandy on the other hand, I'll give it to her, I thought her runway looked great.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I hate hate hate hate feeling like a hater because I know the kind of heinous shit these girls get on social media, but I have never been more perplexed by the Drag Race judges' love for a queen than by their love of Kandy.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It. At. All.

When they were talking about her growth as a performer, I was like, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????"

Yeah, this. I just don't see it.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I enjoyed this episode, it had a chill vibe - the song performance was fun and the top 4 is one of the better from recent years. Everyone looked good on the runway, Kandy was very put together although Rose was kinda underwhelming - the dress was nothing out of the ordinary and from the front the hair looked off.

Whenever they mention Joey Jay, they did it last week too, I always think "oh yeah, it is that season" - It seems so long ago since the start.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's just easier to show the queens. 4 girls flailing on stage is just too much.

Yeah, I actually preferred them lip syncing individually. It gave the girls the space to take on the song without having to fight the other girls.

I feel like I'm giving Symone an unfair advantage (because she's the Black queen left in the competition). But fuck it, Whitney Houston was a global superstar not some unknown that only Black people knew. Symone BODIED that lip sync. I feel like while everyone was giving generic drama (or, in Kandy's case, one-note flailing), Symone was giving WHITNEY. The facial expressions, the pointing, the WHITE HAND TOWEL! That was literally Whitney on that stage, and this season's group has already thoroughly pissed me off with their ignorance of Queer cultural icons. Symone wins simply for doing her homework.

Also, that GOWN. I'm a sucker for exaggerated medieval sleeves, and somehow Symone managed to seamlessly combine that with her Hood aesthetic. That was beautiful.

I did come around on Gottmik though. To the point where I won't be mad if they win. But Symone sealed it this week, at least for me.

Rose I've never been able to get into. And that final runway dress...was a bulky choice. I just don't get the fashion story with her, and most weeks her looks feel unfinished or like they were made for someone else. Tsk, I just don't feel like she knows who she is as a queen. She needs more time.

Kandy...I actually feel bad for Kandy, because she's getting a ton of hate online, which is NEVER Ok, but I feel like it's really pronounced with her because the riggamorris has been so obvious with her from the beginning. The production really needs to dial that back. Tonight...just nothing about Kandy said "Top 4" to me, even if she was admittedly great TV and wasn't BAD.

Oct 22, 2020
Rosé kinda bums me out because I WANT to love her so badly. She's a hard worker, polished, and (as someone who thinks Scotland is one of the coolest places on Earth) I love how she brings her Scottish heritage into her drag.

But she just doesn't have it. Especially when you put her next to Symone, who has it so effortlessly, even though she's inconsistent and plagued by self-doubt.

It's gotta be Symone or Mik. I'd be fine with either, but I give the edge to Symone.