• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao there's no way Olivia lost that lipsync

CheerfulSinfulKoodoo-size_restricted.gif

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, watching this Untucked, I'm fucking heated.

Was it Olivia's time to go home? Yes. But I hate these "You don't know who you are" takes about her drag. Because I look at Olivia, and I know EXACTLY what her drag is. It's so dismissive of her.

Olivia is young pageant glam. She is big hair, glitter and gowns. She is poise and elegance. She's young Whitney Houston, young Mariah Carey. She is the sweetheart 80s dream prom date. I totally get her aesthetic, it is crystal clear to me. And the other girls can suck it because she is the most polished girl on that stage, even if it WAS her time to go home. They could NEVER be so snatched.

Olivia does need to grow. As she herself said, she came on the show to explore. But it's so rude to look at this girl, who has delivered one of the most consistent aesthetics of the all the queens on this show, and say that she doesn't know herself...while she's sitting next to KANDY. And Rose you need to be cute and quiet because your tulle monstrosities only just started coming together.

And it irks me, because I feel like there was a backlash to the "glam/pageant" queens because they were so dominant in the early seasons of the show. And now they have to do 150% to even be seen. Meanwhile, the "weird" queens can walk on stage doing whatever they want, and it's "fuck the judges" if they don't get it.

Last edited:

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
So now that have our top four I'm still thinking Symone has this in the bag. Rosé and Gottmik feel competitive, but the season never convinced me that this wasn't the Symone show. Even when she was in the bottom two, there was never any fear of her going home. I'm not sure if its because Symone is that fierce or just the cast being a bit weaker as a whole, but it does feel a bit boring to have an extremely obvious frontrunner from the MTQ all the way until the finale. Peaks and valleys, y'know?

Kandy is the obvious outlier of the final group that doesn't really have a chance of winning. She's not unique in that regard, but the producer fuckery to get her there just feels heavy-handed in a way I have rarely felt from this show. It's a big turn off as a viewer and it's really unfair for the queens themselves. Kandy's placement feels almost like it was out of her control, so it's disappointing and sad for her to have received so much vitriol over it.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
So now that have our top four I'm still thinking Symone has this in the bag. Rosé and Gottmik feel competitive, but the season never convinced me that this wasn't the Symone show. Even when she was in the bottom two, there was never any fear of her going home. I'm not sure if its because Symone is that fierce or just the cast being a bit weaker as a whole, but it does feel a bit boring to have an extremely obvious frontrunner from the MTQ all the way until the finale. Peaks and valleys, y'know?

Kandy is the obvious outlier of the final group that doesn't really have a chance of winning. She's not unique in that regard, but the producer fuckery to get her there just feels heavy-handed in a way I have rarely felt from this show. It's a big turn off as a viewer and it's really unfair for the queens themselves. Kandy's placement feels almost like it was out of her control, so it's disappointing and sad for her to have received so much vitriol over it.
You never know. Bimini seemed like the obvious winner of UKS2 but Lawrence came out the winner. Shea was also the frontrunner of s9 but Sasha snatched that. Tbh, nobody in the final four really has a story arc, so I think any one of them could win.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
You never know. Bimini seemed like the obvious winner of UKS2 but Lawrence came out the winner. Shea was also the frontrunner of s9 but Sasha snatched that. Tbh, nobody in the final four really has a story arc, so I think any one of them could win.

Oh, I definitely agree. Both Gottmik and Rosé are contenders and either of them could win and I'd be fine with it. I just feel like all the momentum remains behind Symone even with the weakest record of the three.

Can't really see it for Kandy. The fanbase would probably self-immolate if that happened though, that'd be exciting to see.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I feel like Symone kinda plateaued halfway through the season. I think Gottmik and Rose have the momentum behind them.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I feel like Symone is getting a version of the Lawrence Cheney edit. I.e. Frontrunner from day 1. Which sounds great but leaves you vulnerable to queens who improve as the show goes on. It makes good TV. Gottmik and Rose feel as though they're on the same level as Symone, even though Symone has been at the peak since the very beginning, while those two (especially Rose) were comfortably in Basic tier until a few episodes ago.

I'll just say it, but by every metric Symone SHOULD win this season. She's been far above the other girls this entire time.

But I'll be surprised if she does.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018

Producer fuckery is putting it lightly and it sets her up for tons of bad drama online. This whole season has felt overproduced and frequently like the Kandy Muse show, featuring Rupaul's drag queens. The judging has felt so stilted that I didn't know how they would react to that bad runway.

I watched Canada last week and it was rough. Yikes.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Losing is, frankly, more valuable than winning at this point. You get sympathy from the fans and the door remains open for an All Stars run. Aside from Bianca, I can't really think of any winner who was made better by their crowning.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Symone is getting a version of the Lawrence Cheney edit. I.e. Frontrunner from day 1. Which sounds great but leaves you vulnerable to queens who improve as the show goes on. It makes good TV. Gottmik and Rose feel as though they're on the same level as Symone, even though Symone has been at the peak since the very beginning, while those two (especially Rose) were comfortably in Basic tier until a few episodes ago.

I'll just say it, but by every metric Symone SHOULD win this season. She's been far above the other girls this entire time.

But I'll be surprised if she does.
Rosé and Gottmik spent most of their time in the competition either winning or placing among the top 3 of each challenge, only falling to the bottom 3 once. I don't think that qualifies as "basic." Plus Symone was in the bottom 2 twice already.

I think the difference in overall performance among these three is small enough that any one of them could win and it would be fair.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Kandy won, since they're pushing hard for her, for whatever reason.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
That was a rough acting challenge

Seeing the way the judges fall into over the top hysterics at anything Kandy does (during the lip sinc) is baffling to watch, but it's an admiration throughout the entire season I've never understood.

Last edited:

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Sorry but imo Olivia belongs in that top 4, I admit that I can be delusional but she won that LSFYL.

My miss congeniality <3

Can we talk about how good Cynthia Erivo looked?

Oh great an extra episode with the final 4, can we just get the reunion and the finale already please?

I'm #TeamRosé #TeamMik #TeamSymone

Saying that Rosé and Mik stayed basic and safe through the season is something really. I love these 3 but Rosé and Mik have been more consistent in the competition than Symone.

I can't choose one tbh.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This season feels so weird. I feel that if it wasn't for Symone I would have zero interest in seeing the other queens compete. Kandy having some Roxxxy Andrews Rolaskatox levels of being carried to the top but the production instead.

Symone >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gottmik > Rose >>> Olivia >>>>>>>>>>> Kandy.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017

Gotta agree. Generally this season feels the most heavy handed in how production is manipulating the narrative.
It's such a turn off.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry but imo Olivia belongs in that top 4, I admit that I can be delusional but she won that LSFYL.

My miss congeniality <3

Can we talk about how good Cynthia Erivo looked?

Oh great an extra episode with the final 4, can we just get the reunion and the finale already please?

I'm #TeamRosé #TeamMik #TeamSymone

Saying that Rosé and Mik stayed basic and safe through the season is something really. I love these 3 but Rosé and Mik have been more consistent in the competition than Symone.

I can't choose one tbh.

What?

So we have an extra episode > reunion > final?

Three more episodes left???!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I hated everything about Kandy's runway - the hair was so unflattering and the outfit was a visual mess, looked like Mr Potato Head doing Aja cosplay. I think she deserves her spot in the top 4 though.

Loved Gottmik's runway look, super glam and a fun idea, one of my favourites of the season.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Next week is going to be Rumix/Music Video/ Drag Race Live challenge with the top 4.

They could've done it with the top 5 but okaaaay.

This season will end with 16 episodes iirc.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if we're getting top 3 or if next week is just a formality basically. Top 3 would be obvious, but it would be a gag to send home anyone but Kandy.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe anyone capable of turning out a look like that a week before the final four actually made it to the final four.

Was really hoping for a double sashay tonight, but knew it wouldn't happen.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, watching this Untucked, I'm fucking heated.

Was it Olivia's time to go home? Yes. But I hate these "You don't know who you are" takes about her drag. Because I look at Olivia, and I know EXACTLY what her drag is. It's so dismissive of her.

Olivia is young pageant glam. She is big hair, glitter and gowns. She is poise and elegance. She's young Whitney Houston, young Mariah Carey. She is the sweetheart 80s dream prom date. I totally get her aesthetic, it is crystal clear to me. And the other girls can suck it because she is the most polished girl on that stage, even if it WAS her time to go home. They could NEVER be so snatched.

Olivia does need to grow. As she herself said, she came on the show to explore. But it's so rude to look at this girl, who has delivered one of the most consistent aesthetics of the all the queens on this show, and say that she doesn't know herself...while she's sitting next to KANDY. And Rose you need to be cute and quiet because your tulle monstrosities only just started coming together.

And it irks me, because I feel like there was a backlash to the "glam/pageant" queens because they were so dominant in the early seasons of the show. And now they have to do 150% to even be seen. Meanwhile, the "weird" queens can walk on stage doing whatever they want, and it's "fuck the judges" if they don't get it.
Very well said. As much as I am annoyed with her doing that babytalk thing in every challenge, it is very clear what her point of view is. And it's exactly what you said - pageant queen. Always polished, always poised, sparkling smile. It's frustrating how they treat pageant queens these days.

I do agree that it was Olivia's time to go, but I would have been more happy if it was Kandy. But we all know there was zero chance she'd be eliminated. I'm so tired of her failing upwards.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Another horrible acting challenge. I don't know what happened but after s6, these just tanked in entertainment value.

Can't say I care who wins. 13 episodes later and I feel like I still don't really know any of the queens.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Rosé and Gottmik spent most of their time in the competition either winning or placing among the top 3 of each challenge, only falling to the bottom 3 once. I don't think that qualifies as "basic." Plus Symone was in the bottom 2 twice already.

I think the difference in overall performance among these three is small enough that any one of them could win and it would be fair.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Kandy won, since they're pushing hard for her, for whatever reason.

Ok, well, maybe not "basic". That was way harsh, Tai. I was still heated over my girl Olivia's drag being dressed down like it isn't fucking sickening and these girls could never be glamour.

BUT, I will say, we can't talk about how production is protecting Kandy while ignoring how they've also sheltered Gottmik from the bottom. There were two challenges (the Disco challenge and the commercial), where general opinion was Gottmik was one of the worst, and was spared bottom two.

And I'm not taking my foot off of Rose's tragic early runways. Her being the one trying to lecture Olivia about her drag? Far too much.

Anyway, this season's a mess. It's making Season 7 look like All Stars S2.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I honestly can't tell who's going to win between the edit and the rigamorris. I could see it being Kandy too, although her penchant for histrionics and drama are perfect for All Stars. Symone seems to be running out of steam towards the finish line, but she has winner all over her whether now or AS. The only one I don't see winning is Rose.

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely a thing in Olivia developing her versatility a bit more, but it did seem more unfair that her general polish never got a tonne of praise, because her sense of sparkle was so there. Lipsync wise, I think Kandy did do enough to take it, though I'm a sucker for a set piece like the glitter. Liv is a much better dancer though.

It's a toss up between the three top finalists to win. Didn't fathom there being three episodes left so who the hell knows how it plays out. Honestly it sounds like the UK not having untucked hasn't been the worst thing for this season because it sounds more frustrating than additive.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Rooting for Symone but I'd be fine with a Gottmik win as well. Rosé has certainly improved but god no, I've come to the realization that I do not like the perfectionist NYC girl archetype at all. NY hasn't delivered after Aquaria tbh (although I am a Jackie Coz fan).

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Gottmik has won my heart in the last few episodes. I think she should have won over Rosé tonight as well.

Olivia's been flatlining, but I think most of that is just in her edit and the way she's treated by the other girls. She was enjoyable both in Untucked and Whatcha Packin', so I'm sad to see her go. I would have loved to see her get a "redemption" arc and make it to the top 4.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it sounds like the UK not having untucked hasn't been the worst thing for this season because it sounds more frustrating than additive.
It's one of my favorite things about the UK version. I almost never bother with untucked, I don't understand why I'm supposed to care about them arguing about who did better or worse after I've already seen who wins and who went home. Just edit 5-10 minutes of the interesting bits in before the judging panel discussion and call it a day, it flows so much better.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't get over everyone saying Olivia should go home while Kandy is standing there in whatever the fuck that was. They keep dragging Olivia for doing the same schtick, yet praise Kandy for doing the exact same thing every episode. Make it make sense!

We stan

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
I just can't get over everyone saying Olivia should go home while Kandy is standing there in whatever the fuck that was. They keep dragging Olivia for doing the same schtick, yet praise Kandy for doing the exact same thing every episode. Make it make sense!
Couldn't have said it better myself. This season is a complete joke.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for Kandy in the sense that this level of rigga morris never benefits the way a queen is perceived, even though it's something that's out of their hands.
Losing is, frankly, more valuable than winning at this point. You get sympathy from the fans and the door remains open for an All Stars run. Aside from Bianca, I can't really think of any winner who was made better by their crowning.
Yep. Leaving at the right time or getting the "robbed" narrative is preferable.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of my favorite things about the UK version. I almost never bother with untucked, I don't understand why I'm supposed to care about them arguing about who did better or worse after I've already seen who wins and who went home. Just edit 5-10 minutes of the interesting bits in before the judging panel discussion and call it a day, it flows so much better.
Fully agree. Untucked basically died this season after Tamisha went home, it hasn't even had bickering since then, just bland conversation.
It was completely worthless for AS5 too, except to see who voted for who. Although I think the failure there was more down to the cast having zero chemistry.

As much as I complain about overproducing the seasons, I think they should either ditch Untucked completely and do it the UK way, or go back to S2-6's heavily produced drama.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Olivia wasn't going to win season so it basically came down to who was going to make better TV for the last couple of episodes. The right choice was made.

Kandy isn't going to win the season either.
I guess that's fair. I think Kandy still could win, but maybe she's getting the Silky treatment where they won't give her a win so they can have her come back for an All Stars season.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh but imagine Silky, Kandy, and Tamisha on an all Stars season together. That'd be fun drama for a couple episodes.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's fair. I think Kandy still could win, but maybe she's getting the Silky treatment where they won't give her a win so they can have her come back for an All Stars season.

I have a hard time imagining a Kandy win with the other three strong contenders, each with multiple wins, in the final four. With the amount of praise Gottmik and Symone often get I think it will be one of them.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
While logically I assume they'll have a top four finale, I can't help but fear they'll knock Rosé out in favor of Kandy. Gottmik is a lock for top 3. Symone is almost guaranteed. They've been pushing her insecurity storyline lately. The producers love them some Kandy though.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That would seem unfair on Rose since she's been doing well the past few episodes, I'll go with the usual 'surprise' top 4 thing.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
I think the edit is setting up for a Symone or Gottmik win. Rosé's edit is not great for a person that has this type of track record.

OP
OP
egg

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh but imagine Silky, Kandy, and Tamisha on an all Stars season together. That'd be fun drama for a couple episodes.

I'd stop watching Drag Race at that point. Would be pissed af watching Tamisha go home AGAIN just for Silky and Kandy to get carried to the top again.
They shit would piss me the fuck off lmaooo.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Kandy ends up in All Stars and isn't out by episode 1 or 2 then I won't watch the rest of the season. I can't do another dozen episodes of being told a mediocre talent is amazing. It would be cringing through BeBe Zahara all over again.