• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Utica....and Olivia.....GOING ON A DAMN DATE?!? Olivia were you not in the werk room when Utica thought wearing an afro made of squirrels would absolve her from cultural appropriation?!

Olivia, sis, love yo self.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna be talking about Utica's roast for years. That was............

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oh Lord....

I don't usually watch Drag Race until the day after, but I don't care about spoilers so it's never been an issue for me.

But imagine my intrigue when I saw "Utica Fatphobic" trending on Twitter.

I really want to know what the hell happened. Buy VH1 only airs Drag Race once 😭

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
The roast challenge really has some kind of curse. Meh

The highlights for me were Loni Love and when she said to Utica "You're the one bombing", and RuPaul when she middle fingered Utica. Poor Utica, this roast will haunt her forever.

At least we saw Nina, Valentina and Heidi again.

No runway this week. Meh

Another Ariana Grande song gets butchered on a LSFYL.

Miss RuPaul, I hate hate hate hate hate your episode and show today.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I saw how the rehearsal went and decided to skipp bad ones..... roast challenge gone bad makes me super uncomfortable,

Utica is one of the biggest crashes in drag race herstory.

From being well-liked through the season to giving and receiving middle fingers and to making everyone think "just fuck off asshole".

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Utica gives off future serial killer vibes.
Lmfao exactly. Good fucking riddance. That roast was god awful. She pretends like she's so self-conscious and whatever, but she's like a huge narcissist never listening to anyone's critiques and thinking they're all wrong and she's amazing. She's probably the person I've disliked the most in all seasons of drag race.

Also it really feels like they gave Kandy the win out of pity at this point. Gottmik or Rose should have been the winner. Shame to see Symone flounder so much in this challenge when she IS actually funny. Just needs to not overthink it.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
rupauls-drag-race-season-13-draglicious-s13e12-mama-rupaul-dedo-meio-middle-finger.jpeg

iconic

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
How does someone who just got roasted by a roastee think the best course of action is to be even bolder and ask the fucking host to stand up? Utica's set was bad from the start, but the moment Loni Love clapped back, it became a trainwreck like nothing else on this show. I was physically cringing. It was amazing.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've been kinda over this season and for the first time looked up all of the future spoilers purposefully a couple of weeks ago bc I'm gonna stop watching.

but omg I had to watch Utica's set after everyone was talking about it lmaao. That has to be the biggest train wreck on the show ever.

I saw this lots on Twitter and assumed it was photoshopped I completely lost it when it turned out to be real lmao

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I tucking hate Utica so much. They literally told her the jokes were just straight up mean and she didn't do a damn thing to change it. Getting roasted by the judges panel will forever be a moment of shame for her and I imagine she has probably done the most to hurt her future career. It's a shame because behind all of that garbage she really has some great design sense.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How does someone who just got roasted by a roastee think the best course of action is to be even bolder and ask the fucking host to stand up? Utica's set was bad from the start, but the moment Loni Love clapped back, it became a trainwreck like nothing else on this show. I was physically cringing. It was amazing.
It was part of the roast. RuPaul changes into sweatpants for the judging panel.

Oct 25, 2017
That Utica bomb was incredible. I hope she can reflect off her time in the show and learn to take criticism and other perspectives in account. There's incredible talent there and she can still be niche and kooky just... Work on it girl.

Happy with Kandy winning, even if I thought Rosé and Gottmik worked better for me.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Utica bombed but it didn't seem SO much, I was expecting worse, maybe with an audience there it would've had more impact. Her nerves got the better of her as always and stopped her from hearing Loni and Michelle's critiques in the rehearsal. I don't understand how she thought calling Loni Love fat is going to work for her, weird. Loni's clapback about bombing was probably the best moment of the whole roast - that and Rui flipping her the bird when she told her to stand up, lol.

Oliva wasn't that bad, she managed to make a 'nice but dim' character out of her being "the nice one" and it kind of worked for me, it wasn't the best but I understood what she was trying to, just too much looking at her cards.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oliva wasn't that bad, she managed to make a 'nice but dim' character out of her being "the nice one" and it kind of worked for me, it wasn't the best but I understood what she was trying to, just too much looking at her cards.

Yeah honestly I thought she deserved credit for knowing this would be a weak spot and adapting to minimise the damage. Even relying on the cards was smart for judging it was better to get her lines out and on schedule (which were funnier than was given credit for btw) then take the risk of flubbing them. But I appreciate drag race is more of a 'own it no matter what' kind of deal.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Utica asking Rupaul to stand up was the funniest part of her set
A bit of a shame that Tina went home last week because I actually think she could have won the challenge

Its been said to death in this topic already but I'm pretty clocked out of this season.
Last two episodes I've had on in the background rather than watching properly and I'm not particularly rooting for any of the queens to win

I'm from the UK so obviously bias but they really need to avoid showing two seasons at the same time. As soon as one becomes your preferred the other just fades in to the background

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Utica asking Rupaul to stand up was the funniest part of her set
A bit of a shame that Tina went home last week because I actually think she could have won the challenge

Bob and Monet were saying that Tina was turrible at roasts on their recap podcast. They said that Ru did Tina a favor.

She probably wouldn't have been as bad as Utica, but she may have been going home this week regardless. Especially since they clearly judged her more harshly and critically.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Um... Well, at least her drag has improved a lot. She was almost well-proportioned and her makeup looked good

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Spectacular bomb from Utica. Props to the judges for roasting her back.
  1. She deserved it
  2. They helped keep the mood funny for the rest of the girls going after her

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Utica's roast will be iconic forevermore, largely because of the reactions from the judges.
Telling Ru to stand had me howling.

Thought Mik was the best roaster but Kandy was actually enjoyable this challenge so she can have her crumb.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still shocked by Kandy's runway look last week. Utica's roast bombing and Kandy's "beast" look will forever haunt me. This season is so weird...

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I lost it when the judges started countering Utica. I mean holy shit at Ru double bird and "You're bombing"

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
They seriously just need to stop doing these kinds of challenges until they can get the live audience back. It's like awkward and uncomfortable 90% of the time even when they aren't going full hindenburg like Utica.

I actually warmed up to Kandy this episode. I feel like she just does better in smaller groups, when there were more contestants she was puffing up waaay to much it bordered on bullying. She was actually pretty sweet w/ Olivia in the untucked and her delivery of "She died." during the roast got the biggest laugh out of me out of the whole challenge (aside from Loni putting Utica in her place lol)

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get why Loni Love didn't win last week's challenge. She was clearly the winner.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Why did Utica not listen to Michelle and Loni? It's one thing to dismiss random people's opinion but those two are half of the judging panel, not listening to them of all people makes zero sense.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Why did Utica not listen to Michelle and Loni? It's one thing to dismiss random people's opinion but those two are half of the judging panel, not listening to them of all people makes zero sense.
It really felt like they thought it was a bit, when they started going off on the judges with their "jokes" it was rough.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Two queens have been debunked from International All Stars

Manila and Envy Peru

That leaves us with a list of 9 queens which... seems too low?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She thought they just didn't get her jokes. Utica seems to have the opinion that if someone doesn't get her art, they're not worth taking feedback from.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
She thought they just didn't get her jokes. Utica seems to have the opinion that if someone doesn't get her art, they're not worth taking feedback from.
I'm not really a fan of Utica, but I think people are being overly harsh on her. She absolutely tanked, but there have been instances where the queens didn't take feedback from the judges (Gigi Goode and the robot) and it paid off extremely well for them. Sadly, this wasn't one of those times. It's also weird to me how Twitter is coming at her for being fatphobic when Rosé called Kandy a "pork roast" or almost everyone mentioning Nina West's shoulders and no one has an issue with it. Queens mention weight during the reading mini challenges as well and no one ever bats an eye. I think this is just a case of people hating Utica and finding reasons to pile on her.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really a fan of Utica, but I think people are being overly harsh on her. She absolutely tanked, but there have been instances where the queens didn't take feedback from the judges (Gigi Goode and the robot) and it paid off extremely well for them. Sadly, this wasn't one of those times. It's also weird to me how Twitter is coming at her for being fatphobic when Rosé called Kandy a "pork roast" or almost everyone mentioning Nina West's shoulders and no one has an issue with it. Queens mention weight during the reading mini challenges as well and no one ever bats an eye. I think this is just a case of people hating Utica and finding reasons to pile on her.

Bob said it best during Bob and Monet's recap podcast. Almost everything is on the table during a reading challenge or roast, including body image.

But Utica's "jokes" had no punchlines, no setups, and no context.

They were the equivalent of, "Look at that fat bitch!" They weren't funny.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Bob said it best during Bob and Monet's recap podcast. Almost everything is on the table during a reading challenge or roast, including body image.

But Utica's "jokes" had no punchlines, no setups, and no context.

They were the equivalent of, "Look at that fat bitch!" They weren't funny.

Speaking of Sibling Rivalry and Utica, Bob's Utica impression is so fucking funny. I can't breathe anytime he does it.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oh, Olivia...it's your time. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

My heart broke for her when Ru asked "The Question" again.