• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I do agree that the show needs to rebalance the challenges. And also limit the queens on what they're allowed to bring with them. Part of what makes Drag Race fun to watch is actually seeing the queens challenged to take random shit and make drag out of it.

But even as I'm typing this, I don't know what I want. Because if you add more design challenges, then that won't be fair to the girls who can't sew, but who are talented and polished in other ways. It'll be like seasons 7-9, where we were getting way too many acting challenges.

But ultimately, I think it comes down to production needing to be more diligent in who they bring on the show. Because drag is an artform, but it's also entertainment. And these girls aren't entertaining. I'm just bored watching them. Like, I can respect the remaining queens for their individual talents. But I wouldn't go to any of their gigs, and none of them would survive an actual drag pageant.

EDIT: Except for Olivia, who has won a pageant.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
There probably needs to be juuuust a bit more balance than what they had on Season 3. The last design challenge episode of Season 3 had like, what, three mental breakdowns? 🤣 The look on the girls' faces as Ru tells them all what the challenge is for that week lives rent free in my head.

That top four went through it.

I wonder if this is part of why they haven't ramped up the number of design challenges? It's obviously less work for production than writing scripts / producing songs / putting together sets, and I'm pretty confident that viewers like design challenges the most (and I'm also confident that the show production is aware of that).

I know people like to meme about how Ru is trying to trigger mental trauma to snag those Emmys, but I don't think that's actually the case. The show has shifted towards making sure Queen's have a good time, get to show off their talents, and are well supported so that they can go out into the world and thrive after the show is over. Limiting the number of stressful design challenges might be part of that.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whew honey...

Go check Twitter real quick.

Once is a mistake. Twice is a weird coincidence. Three times is a concerning pattern. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
"Go check Twitter real quick" is not useful advice. Even if you search for his name, you just get a swarm of useless tweets that don't convey any actual information.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
What's wrong with James Charles?

James
admitted the other day to exchanging nudes with a minor, which would not be the first time this has happened (and this behavior has been going on long enough for a reasonably diligent person, like Gottmik, to take notice).

For some reason people seem to think its an honest mistake, but quite simply his intent doesn't matter for a crime like this. Plus, a professional figure like him needs to stop flirting with his own fanbase (especially when a large % of it are minors).

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
James
admitted the other day to exchanging nudes with a minor, which would not be the first time this has happened (and this behavior has been going on long enough for a reasonably diligent person, like Gottmik, to take notice).

For some reason people seem to think its an honest mistake, but quite simply his intent doesn't matter for a crime like this. Plus, a professional figure like him needs to stop flirting with his own fanbase (especially when a large % of it are minors).
Oh, wow.😧 Once could be an honest mistake especially because he's pretty young himself but several times ... ugh.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Not totally S13 related but...

www.dragracethegame.com

RuPaul's Drag Race Superstar

The free-to-play mobile game will take players inside iconic moments from the series, making them a part of the show - including designing in the Werk Room, runway challenges, RuMail and pep talks from Mama Ru. Fan-favourite queens will also make limited-time appearances, giving players the...

There's a Drag Race mobile game coming out!

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
So, pretty shocking episode tonight if you ask me.
Not that I am upset; its pretty clear that everyone was sick of the McDonalds routine. I just thought that, for once, Tina didn't look too bad. Also, I'm sorry, but despite how alright Kandy's video was (which was just Kandy being Kandy), that look was so bad that she should have been in bottom.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...

I get it, Tina was played out, but IMO she won that lipsync. I'm not sad to see her go.

I have a serious issue with the judging of these damn commercials...in what way was Kandy or Symone's commercials that damn funny? I get that Symone is naturally funny, but she won't that damn funny
to win the challenge
. Kandy's commercial was just awful. And what kind of critique was that for Olivia? IMO her commercial was cute and funny.

Rose (accent mark over the e) did a great job with her commercial.

I have nothing to say about Gottmikk, Utica or Tina's commercials.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Kandy's look was one of the worst things I've seen on this show.

The judging seemed all over the place. How is sticking with your known brand a negative for Tina, but a positive for everyone else?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Super happy with the double win this week, I feel it was really deserved. My top 2 right there.

Tina absolutely won that lipsync, but to be honest, I'm not mad she went home. I think her commercial was on-brand, but it was also weak. It wasn't very funny, it wasn't very original. And I get what they meant by staying on-brand but also giving it a new twist. Also, it's kind of crazy that Tina went through 11 episodes this season and didn't even break 100k followers on instagram. People really didn't connect with her.

Kandy's commercial was awful and at this point the judges can't possibly be honest with their critiques. Production is just pushing really hard for her to look like a threat while Kandy hardly ever delivers the performance to justify that.

Gottmik's look saved her from a guaranteed lipsync. She had the worst commercial out of all of them.

Olivia is loosing her spark and it's sad to see that.

Stan Bimini.

Last edited:

Congo Jack

Oct 25, 2017
Candy Apple Island
Tina may have won that lipsync, but she's been so bland this entire competition that I'm happy that she left. Also WTF are the judges even talking about when it comes to Kandys video? I thought it was easily one of the worst

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I wish both of them went home. I've had more than enough of Utica's weirdness. I'm ready for it to just be Symone, Rose, and Mik.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Kandy's runway look is absolutely one of the worst I've ever seen on this show I reckon, looks like a cheap halloween costume you'd wear on a stag do.

Can't really say I agree with everyone here saying Tina won the sinc, she wasn't even lip sincing for the back half of the song

Last edited:

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
This is a very hard challenge to pull off every season, I never enjoy it. I never laugh at any of it and almost every queen is overwhelmed by it. Couple that with a shitty runway theme and the episode was lame all the way through.

The only one commercial in recent times I remember being somewhat funny was Heide last season, in a similar vein Rosé did well and I feel she should have won by herself and not together with Symone, also her runway was hands down the best.

Next episode is roast episode... I don't think I can handle the cringe and will skip Utica's intervention.

I think next episode is her time to sashay away, she has made it far enough and I enjoy her runways but she's a terrible fit for this competition.

excited to see past Miss congeniality queens, there's Nina, Heidi and Valentina, I wonder it they got Monet and Cynthia too?

top 4 should be Symone, Gottmik, Rosé, Olivia, with each having at least 2 wins, I don't see it being fair any other way.

next episode Utica, then Kandy (she's so obvisouly being used for produce TV) and then Finale.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Yeah I don't really agree Tina won that lip-sync. She started off strong but it was the same schtick throughout and ended up feeling one-note. I found my eyes being drawn to Uttica more and more whenever they were both in frame because there was some sort of evolution/crescendo going on there.

Tina's ad was also easily the worst. While others missed the mark just as badly, Tina's just went on for way too loooong.

Uttica's incredibly inconsistent and needs to learn to edit herself, but I'm way more interested in another week of her than Tina. It could be amazing, or it could be awful, but at least it will be something.

Really don't see whatever it is the judges see in Kandy.

Glad Rosé got the joint win with Symone - both were stand outs here.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sad to see Tina going home. I would have also been okay with Utica leaving though. I just can't stand her theatre kid vibes lmao. But I agree that I did at first think Tina was doing better, but Utica's evolved a bit and she seemed like she was doing it in character for her costume, so I think that's why she edged out Tina in the end.

Symone's commercial was amazing but lmao god that costume is straight up fursuit. I could not look at her, even though it was executed really well. I just can't stand furries, I'm sorry y'all lmao. Rose actually looked beautiful on the stage for once and actually came across as likeable. It was a deserved double win.

Agreed that Kandy should have been in the bottom for both her look and her commercial. The plot armour is insane.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
This was a deserved double win for Symone and Rosé, at this point I am rooting for both of them to take the crown. Rosé has been more likable in the last episodes, at first it was like she had a invisible barrier in front of her that I couldn´t break through.

The way that Rosé is winning both the challenge that Jan wanted to win the most and the one that sent her home.

I also think that Tina won the lipsync but she wasn´t exciting at this point tbh, at least Utica brings her kookiness and some good outfits every week. I don´t hate Tina but her personality and her drag didn´t do it for me, nothing against her ofc.

I really liked Symone´s hip hop foxxy furry and Rosé´s she devil looks, I also really liked Utica´s look tbh I didn´t understand the judges problem with it.

WTF was Kandy wearing on the runway?

Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode, and nice to see Rosé get the deserved win alongside Symone's usual excellence.

Utica is frustrating me in how much she isn't getting it. Like giving fellatio to the udder is great, build something clear and cohesive around that with your back to nature hippy ass vibe. Really surprised the lipsync was enough to save her but I guess the feeling was Tina wasn't going to show anything more.

I don't want to be a hater, but the judging on Kandy is incredibly frustrating too. Yes she's got talent, timing, is quick on her feet and knows how to respond. But that ad was basic as hell with barely any creativity, and the comments were just about how they like her so much. And that was the kind of runway look that should get you a very stern talking to at the least, and honestly should put you in the bottom as standard. Yet it was completely brushed off. Like I know the fandom can be far too toxic and I don't want to contribute to that, but it's not enjoyable when it feels like contestants aren't being held up to even remotely the same standards.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this season at all. Nina did great and killed the lip sync but damn they were unfairly hard on her all season (and I'm not even a big fan of hers).

And that look should have sent Kandy home (yet again). Didn't meet the challenge and was the bare minimum of effort all the way. Nobody online is a fan of hers either so I don't get what they're doing except hoping for more Kandy drama. If you're gonna save a queen she better step it up and Kandy has not despite their praise.

It's to the point where I just might be out. I'm binging past seasons and am never this frustrated and annoyed on them and how they judge. Yes they might be a little inconsistent season-to-season (more open to male drag as it went on, more open to costumes as well) but it's never been as blatant in how they hold up one queen like Nina to high standards all the time yet Kandy slides by wearing a pool float and spandex.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I actually like Tina's energy and persona, but it was her time, I hope she takes the critiques on board and comes back stronger in All Stars.

Utica next maybe, she's hit the same wall as Tina where she's just giving the same over and over (even if it's a different thing every time!) - she hasn't grasped the ability to edit her creativity and really hone it down to a focused point yet. Outside the show she doesn't really need to, but here it's how to win.

I got the ingenue edit from Olivia this episode, like Ellie Diamond and others before her, I could see her making it to top 4 as the surprise younger queen, who obviously doesn't have a real shot of winning. All the stuff about the others not seeing her as threat was exactly the same as Ellie.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all preaching in here and I'm with you. Kandy is terrible. I'm super over Gotmiik too. Half the looks I've seen felt cheap or costumey to me, I really don't get it. I love Symone, but I found her Fox bullshit really costumey as well.

On that note, I actually don't think I fully understand or agree on when drag becomes too costumey. Like, no matter what your definition of costumey is, don't Rosé and Symone's fit the bill from last night?

Symone practically looks like she was wearing a furry costume that she just bought. I don't get it.

Also, I love Rosé and I kind of want her to win on humor, wit, and presentation style alone, but I think I've hated every single one of her outfits with only last night as an exception. They all look cheap.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Nina did great and killed the lip sync but damn they were unfairly hard on her all season (and I'm not even a big fan of hers).
Not Nina...
tenor.gif

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I've had a tough time with Kandy, Gottmik, and Tina all along, so at least this episode we got rid of one and had the other two's shortcomings fully exposed.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Tina had the opposite problem of Denali imo. Denali's drag persona wasn't fully formed, but Tina's is completely set in stone to her detriment. She never elevated it, not even once.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Really weird critiques this episode. imo Rosé's commercial was great (her delivery when telling the boys she didn't want to play volleyball was the highlight of the episode). Everyone else's commercial was the same level of meh, and the positive/negative critiques came off as super arbitrary.

Symone getting complimented for an "elevated" fur suit while Utica's look was called gorgeous but bland...plus Kandy sliding by with a by-the-numbers commercial and a legitimately awful look. Just weird all around.

I like Symone, but this should have been a Rosé solo win for sure.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
These critiques for Kandy's commercial... That shit made no sense, wtf are the judges smoking?! Kandy should've been in the bottom easily.

I didn't hate Symone's runway, it was fine. I just wish she would've done something with her face. Like wear a fox nose or at least draw some whiskers on your face, don't just leave it bare.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Kandy's plot armor is INSANE. That look was one of the worst I've seen on the show and it barely got mentioned lmao. And how did Symone win by just wearing a furry suit? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills watching this show

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
In regards to Kandy, I can only assume at this point that the judges and producers were trying to keep her in because they must have thought whilst filming that everyone will love her because she's loud and boisterous, basically a bit like Vanjie. But now the show is being aired the opposite is happening and we're all stuck with somebody who not many of us have taken to.

Last edited:

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Kandy sticks around because she is one of the few queens producing drama in a boring ass season. That being said it's disappointing seeing her looks go back to being terrible after showing improvement in recent weeks. I am surprised how terrible everyone did in this challenge and runways in general. Rose was the only one I liked all around.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I think I've been watching too much Eric Andre on YouTube because I liked Utica's commercial the most. I don't know about branding but I was laughing too hard and the jingle was the most earwormy.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In regards to Kandy, I can only assume at this point that the judges and producers were trying to keep her in because they must have thought whilst filming that everyone will love her because she's loud and boisterous, basically a bit like Vanjie. But now the show is being aired the opposite is happening and we're all stuck with somebody who not many of us have taken to.
You'd think the producers would be more careful about this after the Sherry Pie disaster last year. Imagine if Kandy had a major scandal erupt right before filming - they'd have barely any good footage left.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think the producers would be more careful about this after the Sherry Pie disaster last year. Imagine if Kandy had a major scandal erupt right before filming - they'd have barely any good footage left.
I don't think that's true, I'm sure one of the reasons season 12 was more enjoyable than 11 and 13 was because they had to cut out all of the Sherry stuff and replace it with less drama.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It's a repeat of the Silky situation (and [REDACTED] on season 12).

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I'm sure one of the reasons season 12 was more enjoyable than 11 and 13 was because they had to cut out all of the Sherry stuff and replace it with less drama.

oh, very hard disagree on that one. the Sherry Pie fiasco is the number one reason why S12 was less enjoyable than 11 and 13 despite having a very talented cast.

they tried to cut their content as much as they could but whenever it was not possbile you'd constantly be reminded there was that intruder queen, one that never sashay'd the fuck away.

it was very off-putting

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, just caught up on the new episode and like everyone else I can't believe Kandy is still around. At least LaLa Ri was funny. Kandy is just dreadful.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I honestly couldn't name a Queen from season 11 off the top of my head. 😶
Oh I must have blocked it from my mind because of silky.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Mik should have been in the bottom if that were the case. It's pretty clear the judges don't want to risk losing her in a lip sync
Utica and Tina's commercials were (amazingly) worse.

Like Tina's was so badly paced that it lost the plot or I stopped caring before the soda even came on screen.

The only good part of Utica's was the slogan/slurp at the end.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Utica and Tina's commercials were (amazingly) worse.

Like Tina's was so badly paced that it lost the plot or I stopped caring before the soda even came on screen.

The only good part of Utica's was the slogan/slurp at the end.
I actually liked Utica's lol

It was very Tom Greene/Adult Swim.

Tina's was bad I agree, but Mik worse than Utica's